British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Somerset Pl Thurs April 28th

Well it is looking more likely that I'll stick with the television tomorrow but going forward if you are stuck for transport to get to foxholes and it's a meeting that I'm going to, I could give you a lift - I come up the A12 to that roundabout.

Gee thanks, that's very kind. I could easily make my way to Tesco which is just off the Copdock roundabout and not take you far out the way, straight back on the A14, etc.

The transport situation is, hopefully, only temporary and should be resolved soon, but a brilliant offer and thanks again.

Watching TV instead of live sport? Unbelievable!

I wouldn't have considered it Shads, in my real speedway fan era, but nearing my 60th, the way the blinking weather has been and the fact that LofD is the real cheese and biscuits of a TV programme - that's made it a conundrum for me, I'm afraid.

Not just any TV though.

Exactly.

Edited by macca56

I have got a sneaky feeling that I am going to be Billy no mates if the meeting doesn't get hit with the rain....so if any kind soul would like to talk to the very lonely me and maybe bring me a cup of tea (I'll pay for it) at some point after the meeting starts, it would be very much appreciated!

• Like 1

I take it Video Cassette Recorders, DVD Recorders, Hard Disk recorders, Sky+ a Tivo plus iPlayer all failed to make it to Suffolk :wink:

• Like 3

I take it Video Cassette Recorders, DVD Recorders, Hard Disk recorders, Sky+ a Tivo plus iPlayer all failed to make it to Suffolk :wink:

I've got a VCR, but it only plays back these days and doesn't record. Not sure what the other things are that you mention Rob. My (horse drawn) plough is working fine though :lol: .

• Like 2

Hopefully the showers hold off and it's a good meeting. More the same from paco and sarj would be nice. Would also like to see rohan getting stuck in and giving it...up yours baldy.

Weather currently rather nice , blue sky and sunshine lets hope it stays that way .

All Witches fans know that on his day Tungate can gate and be very quick out in front , lets hope there is some dirt on the track for the likes of King and Covatti can hunt him down if he does makes the gates tonight .

Think the Witches will win but do think things will be alot closer than Somerset normally are at Foxhall

Well apart from last year when they got a draw .

• Like 1

Oh forgot about that. Damn. It's hard to call this year with their new riders. If they like foxhall it's gonna be tough.

Edited by baldyman

Paco should be feeling a lot better after last week and then following it up by beating Covatti to win in Italy the following day.

The lad is no mug and rides well abroad, just needs to get going over here!

He's a cracking lad and is actually good to watch and the fans are definitely on his side as we saw last Sarurday.

We won well on Saturday with King in particular and Kerr scoring well below their capabilities.

Just shows we have a good team and when we get everyone firing on the same night somebody will be on the end of a hiding.

Can't make it tonight but for those who can, enjoy the meeting hope it's a good un.

I'm not liking the 50%+ chance of rain predictions for 8-00pm. They'll get my money and I'll probably see nothing for it!

• Like 1

Right - decision made.

Staying at home to watch the Caddy getting his just desserts or maybe he won't.

So Paco will have to do without my support again.

Mind you, watching the rain cloud activity on the radar site I think it might be either a damp one at Ippo or even off.

Sorry macca - some other time.