British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Somerset Pl Thurs April 28th

It's definitely freezing in this country at the moment...they are still skiing in Scotland...nuts!

However...having read recent threads about how Speedway could be improved, two things stick out for me.

1 How far fans travel to watch their speedway, and...

2 The amount of meeting being called off for rain.

The latter is the one thing that stands out for me.

We live in a country notorious for rain and bad weather. How, in nearly 100 odd years of the sport have the powers that be, not found a solution to protecting the track?

I know I wont risk travelling the near hour journey to get to my nearest track, if their is the slightest chance of it being called of because of a waterlogged track.

I should imagine there are many like me.

• Like 2

Freezing cold weather and losing home sides = poor attendances always has

Always knew it would be a strange night once Risager overtook 2 riders in the same heat! Well done Morten BTW!

King Risager and Castagna all rode at least a point above their aves.

Ritchings and Sarjeant a point below. Kerr .5 below

Difference last night was Covatti only scoring 3.(worst home score asca Witch?) 4 more from him would have seen a win..

People want to be entertained. On and off track. It's cold. Team are struggling. No regular THURSDAY speedway. All adds up to poor attendences.....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

The thing about averages is that at home all riders should be above theres as their aways will generally be below.

At the moment with the Witches it seems like only 1 rider has an off night and it all goes pear shaped.

There are worse teams in the league than us but at the moment it doesn't look like it's gonna be a great year I'm afraid to say.

There will be an increase in attendance now that LofD has ended.

I am 90% going to the Rye House Cup match in a fortnight - weather, health & transport permitting. Will try and bring along a car load too. The club and the team needs our support. Whereas I just need a support...

• Like 1

Speedway is same as any other entertainment, if it's good people will go back, if it's not, they won't.

• Like 4

Speedway is same as any other entertainment, if it's good people will go back, if it's not, they won't.

I'm really not convinced that is true anymore I'm sad to say