Redcar

1. Lasse Bjerre
2. Jacob Bukhave
3. Hugh Skidmore
4. Jonas B Andersen
5. David Bellego
6. Simon Nielsen
7. Lee Payne

The corresponding fixture at Redcar on Thursday 28th April has been postponed due to it raining a bit! I suspect Havvy didn't fancy the grief of Newcastle winning down the A19 :t:

So now to Sunday at Brough let us hope the rain will pass on by leaving the Brough track in good nick to dish out some more excellent racing. Can anyone explain how we have witnessed full throttle displays every week but the heat winning times are a few seconds slower?

I am pleased by the riding of Lewis and Danny, keep it up lads you can get odd points to make the difference between a 2-4 to a 3-3 or 4-2.

Tero Aarnio

All of us like the FINN and wish him well but if the prognosis is weeks on the sick list then we need to bring in a rider to improve on the R/R option

Enjoying what matches we have had so far and just waiting for everyone in the team to click, we will take some stopping home or away

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. Tero Aarnio (R/R)

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Redcar

1. Lasse Bjerre

2. Jacob Bukhave

3. Hugh Skidmore

4. Jonas B Andersen

5. David Bellego

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Lee Payne

The corresponding fixture at Redcar on Thursday 28th April has been postponed due to it raining a bit! I suspect Havvy didn't fancy the grief of Newcastle winning down the A19 :t:

So now to Sunday at Brough let us hope the rain will pass on by leaving the Brough track in good nick to dish out some more excellent racing. Can anyone explain how we have witnessed full throttle displays every week but the heat winning times are a few seconds slower?

I am pleased by the riding of Lewis and Danny, keep it up lads you can get odd points to make the difference between a 2-4 to a 3-3 or 4-2.

Tero Aarnio

All of us like the FINN and wish him well but if the prognosis is weeks on the sick list then we need to bring in a rider to improve on the R/R option

Enjoying what matches we have had so far and just waiting for everyone in the team to click, we will take some stopping home or away

I just mentioned that to someone last week John. I can't think of anything other than if the shale is different.

Agree we have seen some great racing, the only concern was when Worky came first time, and we couldn't gate and we just hung on for a two point win.

Think there might be a injury replacement possibly for Sunday, to let them bed in for Monday. We will soon see.

After the main meeting, there is a NJL meeting to follow between the Newcastle Gems V Redcar Cubs .

Teams are :-

Newcastle Gems

Josh Embleton

Jack Flynn

Archie Freeman

Jack Wright

Redcar Cubs

William O'Keefe

Gavin Parr(on loan)

Alex Goldsbrough

Corban Pavitt

Let's hope the weather behaves.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

I just mentioned that to someone last week John. I can't think of anything other than if the shale is different.

Agree we have seen some great racing, the only concern was when Worky came first time, and we couldn't gate and we just hung on for a two point win.

Think there might be a injury replacement possibly for Sunday, to let them bed in for Monday. We will soon see.

maybe its that sticky shale Dave, and who is the injury replacement ?,,, al not say owt ;)

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. Tero Aarnio (R/R)

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Redcar

1. Lasse Bjerre

2. Jacob Bukhave

3. Hugh Skidmore

4. Jonas B Andersen

5. David Bellego

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Lee Payne

Tero Aarnio

A signing to replace Tero Aarnio has been made namely, 22 year old Swedish rider, Viktor Palovaara who rode for Glasgow last season

Teams likely to be :-

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. Viktor Palovaara

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Redcar

1. Lasse Bjerre

2. Jacob Bukhave

3. Hugh Skidmore

4. Jonas B Andersen

5. David Bellego

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Lee Payne

This signing should make us a little stronger as R/R for Tero meant one ride for Ludde and the other three rides taken by our reserves. Let us hope that Viktor "hits the ground running" He will of course be able to discuss things in Swedish, if his English/Geordie is not good, with his team captain.

Now we are getting used to our riders pulling out for other commitments we will just have to wait and see if the team line up will mean enforced changes and a guest or two!! :mad:

Edited by dantodan

A signing to replace Tero Aarnio has been made namely, 22 year old Swedish rider, Viktor Palovaara who rode for Glasgow last season

Teams likely to be :-

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. Viktor Palovaara

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Redcar

1. Lasse Bjerre

2. Jacob Bukhave

3. Hugh Skidmore

4. Jonas B Andersen

5. David Bellego

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Lee Payne

This signing should make us a little stronger as R/R for Tero meant one ride for Ludde and the other three rides taken by our reserves. Let us hope that Viktor "hits the ground running" He will of course be able to discuss things in Swedish, if his English/Geordie is not good, with his team captain.

Now we are getting used to our riders pulling out for other commitments we will just have to wait and see if the team line up will mean enforced changes and a guest or two!! :mad:

Palovaara doesn't ride on Sunday. Makes his debut at Scunthorpe on Monday (although it's been said that he'll be at Brough on Sunday).

Forecast doesn't look too great, can somebody in Newcastle update on this? I'm in Devon this weekend with a friend :(

Has been raining, but now seems to be brightening up a bit. Fingers crossed.

It's the heavy rain forecast for 6 and 7 that worries me :( Hopefully everything is good to go

Forecast doesn't look too great, can somebody in Newcastle update on this? I'm in Devon this weekend with a friend :(

if the weather is good in Devon, it might be worth staying there,,,

if the weather is good in Devon, it might be worth staying there,,,

Haha, it's been raining all morning

News flash on Diamonds website, tonight's meeting is off due to the weather.

Confirm. Tonights meeting against REDCAR is OFF.

Heads or tails then ;)

Might just move to Spain or Italy :t:

Might just move to Spain or Italy :t:

No need to go that far like ;)

Haha, the sun's oot noo :(