British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton V Poole. Ela 2/5/16

Kyle and Middlo are both doubtful about Kyle's fitness for Monday

So after the rainoff at Kings Lynn Poole move on to Monmore Green on Monday to take on the Wolves who have started the season on the front foot. They could well be dark horses this season and it will take a monumental effort from any team this season to come away from with any points here.

Poole hope to welcome back Kyle Newman after a spell in hospital with a groin injury. We will have to wait and find out if he is well enough over the weekend.

The Poole lineup has now changed and also the riding order. With Ellis up in the team Newman is now joined by Brady Kurtz. I am unsure whether Kurtz has ever ridden Monmore or not. Perhaps a Wolves fan will know.

A very tough and exciting encounter. I shall be there weather permitting. Forecast is for rain in tnhe morning to leave a dry afternoon and evening. This will proabably change.

With Kurtz and Buckowski likely to struggle here, and it far from being Holders favourite track, I am looking to a score of 48-42 Or close to it.

Thoughts?

Monumental effort ? We are a team who were predicted to finish 5th in the speedway star poll of polls. We've ridden ONE home match so far and beat a team that was predicted to finish below us. We have 4 riders for whom Monmore is a brand new home track, and therefore it may be some before home track advantage is restored. Granted we have started fine, but may well have caught Coventry and Swindon on the hop early on. I hope for a home win on Monday but it will be tough against the favourites.

• Like 3

If Kyle is missing then I can't think of an equal guest or EDR that is suitable.

So it would definetly weaken Poole.

If Kyle is missing then I can't think of an equal guest or EDR that is suitable.

So it would definetly weaken Poole.

Agree Steve,a comfy 50-40 home win

Agree Steve,a comfy 50-40 home win

Poole haven't been convincing away so far So I think that's about right.

One thing tho is no team will take Poole lightly this season or should they.

However I rate belle Vue more dangerous at Monmore tho.

Wolves to win by at least 10 points.

Can't get enough if it can you. Still carrying that dark cloud from previous seasons I see..

• Like 1

Wolves to win by at least 10 points.

Surely no one believes your predictions anymore if we had Woffy you would still say we get beaten heavily
  • Like 1

Coming up for this and luckily the rain is due to push through at lunchtime to leave a sunny afternoon and dry evening.

Still waiting on news about Newman but probably not good. Fingers crossed though.

Coming up for this and luckily the rain is due to push through at lunchtime to leave a sunny afternoon and dry evening.

Still waiting on news about Newman but probably not good. Fingers crossed though.

Doubt Kyle will ride mate...

According to the Wolves site, Kyle Newman takes his place in the Poole side.

Should be a cracking meeting, Wolves very strong looking at Monmore and no mugs away and Poole are Poole...hard to call