British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton V Poole. Ela 2/5/16

Kerr is higher up in the draft than Newman according to the latest greensheet available.

The 'latest' list on the BSPA website is only up to 31.03.16. So the latest list in reality - which has been circulated to all clubs - is just not in the public domain yet! It is a BH for goodness sake!!

In any case Newman's EDR average must put him higher in the list than Kerr - or any other EDR for that matter!!

With other meetings on today Kerr must be the best option

Edited by Skidder1

Kerr is higher up in the draft than Newman according to the latest greensheet available.

The BSPA have complicated the rules so much that there will be an explanation somewhere that will, be used as rules are so vague they can adapt an answer to suit.

In real terms Kerr isn't as good as Newman in the EL but at least it's a suitable guest option.

Well if today doesn't go ahead for any reason, as some have suggested, then Poole will not get a facility for Bjarne on Wednesday - as he won't have ridden yet!!

If it does go ahead then on Wednesday, Bjarne's (6.55) r/r rides can be taken by Chris Holder (7.17); Buzz (6.48) and Kurtz (5.24) x2. (Ellis 8.00; Andersen 7.33 and Newman 7.24 - if fit - would not be eligible for r/r rides). That's based on today's averages not sure if they change again for Wednesday after tonight's scores?!

NB. Newman admitted to hospital again so will miss tonight - replaced by Kerr (presumably from the updated EDR list not yet available to the fans?!)

Correct - although you might add that Newman (or his replacement) could still take a reserve ride to replace Bjarne.

Kyle most certainly is going through it at the moment best wishes to him on a speedy recovery and hope they sort out what the issue is quickly

I don't get why you are so upset by it?

I just said it was quite funny!! Hows that upset? Dont worry im not balling my eyes out about Davey just pointing out it's a bit ironic , Poole could had 'rested' him and done a Dakota and sent him golfing but they didnt and replaced him with someone who already has a fixture clash

A very tough and exciting encounter. I shall be there weather permitting. Forecast is for rain in tnhe morning to leave a dry afternoon and evening. This will proabably change.

With Kurtz and Buckowski likely to struggle here, and it far from being Holders favourite track, I am looking to a score of 48-42 Or close to it.

Thoughts?

Buzckowski has if memory serves me right had a good score at Monmore Green in the past and most Polish riders have adapted to the track in the past.

If it does go ahead then on Wednesday, Bjarne's (6.55) r/r rides can be taken by Chris Holder (7.17); Buzz (6.48) and Kurtz (5.24) x2. (Ellis 8.00; Andersen 7.33 and Newman 7.24 - if fit - would not be eligible for r/r rides). That's based on today's averages not sure if they change again for Wednesday after tonight's scores?!

NB. Newman admitted to hospital again so will miss tonight - replaced by Kerr (presumably from the updated EDR list not yet available to the fans?!)

As a reserve Newman (or replacement) can take any ride they wish to put them in.

Ellis will struggle as a heat leader but no doubt Kurtz will have one of those rides but having Pedersen and Buzckowski as second strings makes them stronger in that department so swings and roundabouts really.

Masters and Thorssell are very strong second strings especially at home so the middle order battles will be important.

If Bech can get amongst the points and Freddie and Kylmakorpi carry on with their good form it should swing it towards them but it's going to be a tough meeting. 47_43

Hoping to make it over for this one so hope the rain keeps away.

Radar shows rain for the next 90 mins then dry for the rest of the day.

Edit. Rain should clear by 2.30 then dry. Leaving at 4 pm should be on if that track has held up.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

'Rain' is rather understating the case. They're counting the animals in pairs at the moment.

• Like 1

not many teams will beat Poole, but I did say in the predictions thread that Wolves will be this seasons dark horses. I believe Wolves will win and take all the points 49-41

Should have stopped now and thats the end of it for the day.

Don't you just love people over a 100 miles away telling you what the weather should be doing 😂😂

• Like 1

Some of us use technology

Kyle 7.24

Holder 7.13

No they didn't consider it, but the issue has been tested (Swindon v Belle Vue - where Max Fricke didn't get a rider replacement ride, as the rider above Ritchie Worrall was deemed to be reserve Steve Worrall)

So what we're saying is that if Bjarne is missing, Holder the one above can have a ride and Newman the one above him can have 3 rides! So basially Poole will be the strongest they have been all season and will gain form Bjarnes absence :P

*Currently choosing to ignore that Kyle could be missing as it's not so much fun in my winding up - obviously it stands to reason I hope Kyle is feeling better soon, he may be a dirty Pirate but I do like him (and will one day convince him to leave Poole and sign for Coventry!)