British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

Turns out he's part of your squad. Which means I want to know how the bloody hell that works. Coventry (quite rightly really) couldn't use Squad rider Ben Barker for Woryna as his average was higher but Wolves can use their squad rider replace Clegg despite having a higher average and a higher draft ranking!

You are allowed 3 EDR riders, two of which must be Tier 2. Morris and Clegg are both declared as Tier 2 riders. So all appears above board here. The higher average is used for team building, but they are both on a 3. Because of Morris's declaration, I guess that makes Roynon, Mear and Rose eligible #7 guests which they wouldn't be if only Clegg were declared.

Everything you pay to your club is helping the club survive. Speedway is full of people who'd be delighted if they could get in for nothing, even if it put the club out of business. And don't start me on the pensioners who want in for a pittance so they can stock up on werthers Original and Ovaltine for their winter in Portugal.

If you can afford it, support your team... or shut the *** up.

• Like 3

Easy to that if your near the top of the league all the time ..the one bad season Poole had the fans turned there back on the side ....Poole fans are likely to be the most fickle there is .

remember being at poole in 98, pre success period...fickle is the correct word!

lisa-colette, on 08 May 2016 - 5:12 PM, said:

Ha ha ha! That's funny :D How are Coventry going to win if Masters is at reserve?!

Got to agree Lisa he's good for at least 10 tomorrow ! Nice to see us bringing on young Aussie talent !

And don't start me on the pensioners who want in for a pittance so they can stock up on werthers Original and Ovaltine for their winter in Portugal.

How dare you be so disrespectful, stock up on Werthers Originals and Ovaltine indeed!
My concession ticket savings are going towards my new BMW, I've already paid for the winter holiday out of my inflation proof pension. Surely, none of you ungrateful youngsters can deny me some pleasure. I also do quite well sitting outside the stadium entrance with my dog and a notice mentioning my children, even though they left home many years ago. I reckon Gemini has missed a trick there. :lol: :t:
  • Like 1

Easy to that if your near the top of the league all the time ..the one bad season Poole had the fans turned there back on the side ....Poole fans are likely to be the most fickle there is .

I remeber it well but there was never any talk of boycott, and the consistent anti management posts. Poole cant win the league all the time and this golden period will end soon enough. It happens in all sports but never forever.

Seems to me that a lot of Coventry fans refuse to get behind their club and support them. Dont they realise that is the only way to bring about success?

I remeber it well but there was never any talk of boycott,

Correct ..they just left anyhow ..I think the term when it comes from people Poole is plastic

• Like 1

They might be fickle but they just quietly stopped going when the team weren't doing well without all the whingeing and moaning on the BSF. For once I agree with Steve Shovlar that Coventry fans are the worst, even more so than Leicester fans and that's saying something. Never mind next year when it's all over they'll have to find something else to moan about.

I also do quite well sitting outside the stadium entrance with my dog and a notice mentioning my children, even though they left home many years ago. I reckon Gemini has missed a trick there. :lol: :t:

Now there's an idea. I could also sit in my mobility scooter to get even more support. Why haven't I thought of that before. :lol:

Once again this thread sums up just why speedway fans are some of the biggest moaners on the planet.

Horton puts an offer up.. fans moan because it's only for those who attend the Storm meetings.

Horton extends the offer so all can get a discount... fans continue to moan!

FFS! You are getting off £7 entry to the meeting.

There is nothing 'despicable', there is no 'miss selling'. Offers can be extended. New offers/promotions can be made.

Clearly there wasn't much of an uptake on the Storm offer so Horton has extended it to try and ensure there is a decent sized crowd for the tv cameras and he is 100% correct in doing that.

What a muppet.

So you pay money to attend a meeting you say you didn't want to go too, to get a discount to a meeting you are now no longer going to go to.

Thanks for the abuse, I almost went down to your level but I'm better than you. It shows the forum for what it is that people actually liked your abusive post. Its called having principles. You do realise what they've done right? I didnt say i didnt want to go to it i said i wouldnt have gone to it. Me and others are no longer getting the benefit from attending Friday which was the original arrangement. It also goes beyond that, who is going to trust the promotion when future offers are made? I certainly won't.

No it doesn`t . Mick gave the inference that if you went to the storm meeting you would pay less than the rest of em.. everybody was under the impression that the full price was going to be charged so some went to the storm meeting in good faith only to find they had been duped...its not about the money its about the right way of going about a business and to me it leaves a sour taste..

Exactly. People assume its about the money, its not. Its the fact that we were told one thing and then find out it was false. No one is saying the £10 deal is rubbish its an excellent offer but when you announce a deal its not fair to then say oh sod it everyone can take advantage of it. Good offer poor execution, again.

Even when we went through the turnstile we were reminded to keep our ticket for Monday. It has just really annoyed me as it didn't need to be this way. I will be back for the next meeting I'm available for but feel cheated at the moment.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

Lets talk about the meeting, Bees will do well to win but its possible. Which KK will we see? Will Woryna be 100% fit? Masters at reserve for Wolves is a big plus for them.

I wonder if they have been told they have to charge Coventry and Wolves fans the same? Maybe that's why it was changed?

Lets talk about the meeting, Bees will do well to win but its possible. Which KK will we see? Will Woryna be 100% fit? Masters at reserve for Wolves is a big plus for them.

I would say King and Garrity need to get 8+ each if you are going to win.

Hopefully, but Jason only scored 7 in the Premier League yesterday and Josh Bates 1. Not to worry though because I know they are just saving their best performances for today.

• Like 1

Hopefully, but Jason only scored 7 in the Premier League yesterday and Josh Bates 1. Not to worry though because I know they are just saving their best performances for today.

They'll be okay Coventry isn't as big as Peterborough ;)

I wonder if they have been told they have to charge Coventry and Wolves fans the same? Maybe that's why it was changed?

They were around that in the previous fixture and we still got stuffed. Edited by Game On