British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

Somerset V Ipswich 29/4/16

Looking forward to this...anyone else going?

And if you live close by to the track...what's the weather like?

I live an hour away and it's been heavy showers and blowing a gale...don't fancy travelling to find it a rain off.

If it's on I fancy somerset to annihilate ipswich. Rebels by 30

As much as I want Somerset to win, I'd prefer it to be a lot closer than that, but I can see why you think so.

Just hope for some close entertaining racing...

Edited by Gresham

Full Five Ride Maximum for Romance. BWD to be not far behind.

King, Covatti, Kerr and Risager to score well for Witches, with good back-up from the Sarj. Beware the Wounded Witch - but still a six point home win.

It's been bright and breezy so far today. No sign of rain - but it's going to be flippin' freezin' on that back straight bank tonight!

Looking forward to this...anyone else going?

And if you live close by to the track...what's the weather like?

I live an hour away and it's been heavy showers and blowing a gale...don't fancy travelling to find it a rain off.

Easy home against a very average Witches side imo. Rebels are the best side i have seen this year so far, and have two reserves who both have big improvement in them. Another cracking side put together by the Somerset promotion..

• Like 2

Hope it is on tonight, so the lads can get some track time. Fantastic start to the away campaign we need to carry on in the same vein at home. King is a Pairs winner and Covatti was a pest last season with various teams he guested for lol. I think the Rebels have a bit too much for the Witches all round though, with Jake and BWD already showing a liking for the OTA. Zach has been a bit unfortunate with machinery problems hindering his progress so hoping he can have a goodun tonight.Safe meet as always to all riders, Rebels by 10 for me.

It's been bright and breezy so far today. No sign of rain - but it's going to be flippin' freezin' on that back straight bank tonight!

Sadly I wont be getting there :-(

Got to A38 near Thornbury...and turned round...it's rammed. Radio saying M5 from junction 16 to Clevedon is stood still, and expect to put hour and half on trip.

That's what happens when you run a Speedway meeting on a Friday night leading up to a Bank holiday on that stretch of the motorway.

Shame...was really looking forward to this as sun is shining and wind has dropped.

Wish Somerset ran on another week night...Friday's coming from Bristol are bad enough on the M5 at the best of times.

Enjoy...Give BWD a shout for me...C'mon the Rebels :-)

Sadly I wont be getting there :-(

Sorry to hear that Gresham.

• Like 1

King withdrawn from meeting, shoulder injury..

Well done Rebs. It looks as if you are in for an entertaining and successful season. A very good 1 to 7 put together with potential to go 100% at home and grab loads of points away. Plus you have a decent race strip which adds to the show.

Best not to comment on the Ipswich performance, but possibly that may be the last time that same 1 to 7 take to the track together.

Will the Wyvern Win the silverWare this season?

This is ipswich macca, not very well known for changing line ups. Expect a few more poor performances first. Someone seems to be putting worse teams together every season..I'm sure that's not really the idea.

Edited by baldyman

This is ipswich macca, not very well know for changing line ups. Expect a few more poor performances first. Someone seems to be putting worse teams together every season..I'm sure that's not really the idea.

Does he have a cunning plan, or is he just really poor / unlucky / badly advised when it comes to putting 1 to 7's together?

(I still blame Mike Smillie)