British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Birmingham V Kent Wed May 4th

I'm really looking forward to this match, gonna be a cracker of a meeting. Kent really have started the season so provide the toughest test we have had at Perry Barr yet. They have riders that can do well, Danny Ayres has had some good meetings here in the past and James Shanes is always one to watch. I think its crazy hes not riding for a Premier League club this year.

They normally have listing up a week or so in advance so I highly doubt this will be covered.

Poole vs Wolves is definitely being covered tonight so I reckon they will have someone at Perry Barr but might not have live commentary.

• Like 1

Having updated various EL and PL meetings this year, is fantastic doing kent meetings as not one rider has more then 12 letters :)

Got your comeuppance today then with "The Right Honourable Sir Jack Parkinson-Blackburn Junior VII OBE City & Guilds London" (only joking :wink: )

Three Jacks, three Dans, two Lukes, two Toms... whatever happened to originality? :o

I think that Mr. & Mrs. Hume were trying for it ... :D

Without doubt Kings toughest test yet.

Will do well to hit 40 points.

So I can see Brum win by 10.

The BBC definitely are covering this meeting along with Wolves from 7.30 on BBC WM 95.6

45-45 - Great result for Kings.

Even though 2 or 3 riders struggled they still have enough strength to compete.

I said recently that Kings would go close to silverware.

After tonight I think they will go very,very close :D

A great advert for the National League sees both teams keep intact their unbeaten run. A draw was the fair result and both sets of fans can be proud of their riders efforts in this match.

It was just one of them nights for Brummies riders where we suffered a fair bit from bike issues and iffy gating at times. Darryl Ritchings rode well and was well supported by Danyon, Bacon (after his first ride) and JPB. The others im sure will want to show the form they have showed prior to this meeting next week and im sure they will.

I said before the meeting that Danny Ayres goes well here and he looks to have come on quite alot since last season. Bowen has been around a while and you would expect him to be one of the best in the league and he certaintly proved that tonight. Shanes provided good backup to them two,. I was quite impressed with Thomas, first time ive seen him and he looked on the pace.

• Like 1

Zach and Tom Perry were definately not themselves last night and that lost the match for us.

Zach was seriously off the pace and Tom appeared to have issues with his machinery.

Gate and go was needed due to the slimy conditions and we couldn't out gate the three Kent heat leaders. There were a couple of "iffy" anticipated starts that were let go in my opinion that went in Kent's favour.

Sadly, I think the score was closer than the quality of racing suggested.

45-45 - Great result for Kings.

Even though 2 or 3 riders struggled they still have enough strength to compete.

I said recently that Kings would go close to silverware.

After tonight I think they will go very,very close :D

by silverware you mean the league title? we've had plenty of silverware already!

great result for my boys, i wanted a point and we collected two. No then, where can i view the league table.....

• Like 1

by silverware you mean the league title? we've had plenty of silverware already!

great result for my boys, i wanted a point and we collected two. No then, where can i view the league table.....

But NO team silverware.Individual and pairs yes.

We were second before last night, so assume unless lynn jumped us that we are still 2nd.

Great result for Kent ... imagine most would of anticipated the much touted Brummies blowing them away. Kings are in the mix.,

I suspect that there may be some widespread realignment of expectations as to where the trophies will go this season now.

Ultimately all competitions will be won in a home & away shoot-out. I've always said Eastbourne would beat the Brummies over 2 legs. I'll add Kent to that now.

To win a trophy this year they need to find who last had the M6 Lump Of Tarmac Trophy so that the Brummies can beat Stoke for it (again)