British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Poole Pirates, Mon 9th May 2016 @ 19:30

Probably risking the wrath od upsetting Poole fans but i think i would much rather put money on Worrall scoring a fair bit more than Newman at Leicester this year especially with the strength the Lions have lower end and Stevie has a fair of pair of gating gloves on at the moment could easily score big double figures again

No wrath. But Newman last season was tremendous at Leicester with some proper from the back passing. If Worral can do the same we will be satisfied.

Hope Ellis rides tonight and is not feeling the effects of his smash on Monday.

• Like 1

No wrath. But Newman last season was tremendous at Leicester with some proper from the back passing. If Worral can do the same we will be satisfied.

Ellis rides where tonight ?

Think you mean Ellis rides monday, went to one of the leicester ones last season and hoping to go monday , just hoping for less delays for the sun and long interval. Starke also rode well there last year but leicesters reserves were weaker last year

Weather forecast for Monday - Leicester..

Difficult forecast, lots of convective activity from today through to at least Wednesday next week with a weak plume advecting warm, moist unstable air from the continent and up into the UK..

It looks like the south west will be the first area to go nuts, maybe as early as overnight tonight with elevated thunderstorms hopping over the channel and triggering home grown storms, these will gradually move north into Saturday (central England, west Midlands, possibly east Anglia) as we move into Sunday. Some heavy rain, will accompany thunderstorms, but, and its quite a large but, not everywhere will see them..

Monday should be mostly dry, warm and humid, maxing out around 22c/24c. Again isolated thunderstorms are likely to break out during late morning and again heavy rain where these storms do break out. These Monday storms will be fewer and further between than Sat/Sun and will clear the Midlands in the early afternoon, so there should be NO issues weatherwise, once we get past 1pm/2pm Monday.

Monday evening should be dry, warm but a little less humid, temps around 18c to 20c.

I will update this forecast on Sunday afternoon..

C'mon the Lions, we can beat these pesky Pirates!!!!

I will be updating this forecast tomorrow afternoon (Sunday 8th May) around 4pm..

At the moment, the only significant change is the likelyhood of thunderstorms has lessened as the charts seem to indicate that any storms initiated, will track North but from a more westerly point, therefore, missing the Leicester area completely!!

Think you mean Ellis rides monday, went to one of the leicester ones last season and hoping to go monday , just hoping for less delays for the sun and long interval. Starke also rode well there last year but leicesters reserves were weaker last year

Didn't I read somewhere Ellis is due to ride at Eastbourne tonight?

• Like 1

Didn't I read somewhere Ellis is due to ride at Eastbourne tonight?

Yes thats what I said. He is riding for Eastbourne tonight.

Sorry to take this slightly off the topic, but do any of the Pirate fans know why Adam Ellis is not in the British Semi Finals.

Strange since he has a high average in the E.L.

I thought they always picked the strongest Brits from EL and then those from PL with highest averages.

Ellis has achieved his as a reserve and has yet to prove himself in the main team which might be why. He also is a NL rider not PL.

Yet riders like Wikinson,Lanham, S.Lambert, Hall, A.Morris, Roynon, Clegg, Rose and Nielsen get a chance.

Criminal how Ellis isn't there tbh.

• Like 4

It's probably "in the interests of British speedway"

• Like 1

From updates Ellis has smashed the Eastbourne NL track record tonight and is half a lap in front every heat he has been in. Llooks like he is back for Monday.

• Like 1

From updates Ellis has smashed the Eastbourne NL track record tonight and is half a lap in front every heat he has been in. Llooks like he is back for Monday.

Personally Steve i expected him to score so well. Riding on the sharp track will prepare him for Monday. Just hope he comes out the meeting ok.

It's National league. I would be more worried if he wasn't far in front in each race.

• Like 2

It's National league. I would be more worried if he wasn't far in front in each race.

Not bothered about his winning margins just the fact he came through and is fit to race Tomorrow.