British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 11 May, 2016.

First EL meeting at the NSS. Difficult to predict as Aces will have virtually no home track advantage apart from a few practice laps. I'm going for 49-41 but will be happy regardless of the result if the weather is kind and the racing as good or, better than last night's NL meeting.

Coming down for this one ...should be a big crowd a great event ...impossible to predict the score as this match is on a neutral track .

• Like 1

Track looks good. And those riders looked a hell of a lot better than the standard I recall from the British league juniors back in the 80s.

Great to see a proper race on the track. Looks great.

• Like 1

Great to see a proper race on the track. Looks great.

Couldn't agree more, looks very good. Notice the the chap comentating said it was the best race of the night. Again, all looks good to go, but sadly you will never change this crappy british weather.. I know it was only a colts meeting but i would have thought there would have been a bigger crowd, just out of curiosity..

Very difficult to estimate but I thought there was about 800 there. Difficult to say how good that is. It was after all a third division match but against that, the first meeting at the NSS but people also knew the Aces would be at home less than a week later.

Crowds were extremely poor the last time we were in the NL so overall, I think it was a very good turnout.

That was the best race but the overall standard of racing was good. In any event I think we need to have a few more meetings and let the track settle down before we see how good it is.

Edited by Aces51

Very difficult to estimate but I thought there was about 800 there. Difficult to say how good that is. It was after all a third division match but against that, the first meeting at the NSS but people also knew the Aces would be at home less than a week later.

Crowds were extremely poor the last time we were in the NL so overall, I think it was a very good turnout.

That was the best race but the overall standard of racing was good. In any event I think we need to have a few more meetings and let the track settle down before we see how good it is.

Agreed, but you would expect a reasonable crowd for that first meeting as i say just out of curiosity, looks very good decent shape, ok it did look a little slick but hey ho you have racing.

Yes its going to take a while for the track to settle down and it be turned over a few times, then you can evaluate it. But what you do need is a settled period of weather.

Looks an excellent race track. Super fast Poles & Danes will murder us round there in the SWC

Over 750 tickets were sold online by early afternoon so add in the pay on arrival folk, I'd say there was over 1000 maybe 1200.

Looks an excellent race track. Super fast Poles & Danes will murder us round there in the SWC

It to put it another way: will b perfect for tai. Cook and Nicholls will have ridden it more than anyone. And will suit racers like lambert and Harris.

Maybe tai needs to lend them his bikes like Ivan did in 79

Forecast now looking a bit better. No longer heavy rain all day but now light rain during the early hours and during the day possibly until 7pm. Obviously, still not promising but plenty of time for it to change for the better. Fingers crossed.

Really pleased for all concerned we now have a track that befits a team like the Aces and there long heritage looking forward to visiting many times in the future :t: .

Armstrong should be plying his trade in the PL IMO :D

Edited by FAST GATER