British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions 18/5/16

• My post in 2016 Rain Offs, Postponements
  • Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

Forecasting the weather is very much hit & miss as different websites have differing forecasts. On Monday, for example, rain was expected pm & it duly came then clearing, delaying the start of the meeting

(see pictures on updates http://speedwayupdat...scrollTo=294115 )

After a 30min delay the 150cc British Championship Round got underway of 7 races after which the PLKOC match started where riders & fans were not covered in wet shale but dust

(see pictures on Scunthorpe Speedway http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=5407 )

If riders, promotions & fans have travelled then give it a chance, if possible.

Having a great promoter, draining track & track curators can make it possible.

That was one off thought. How often is a speedway meeting in the afternoon, can afford a large delay and have three separate meetings to balance with.

You really are a tw*T with too much to say. Egg on your face without a doubt it hasn't rained since about 11 this morning and it wasnt heavy neither. The area was bone dry at 4, and I live closer to the stadium than you think Mr know all.

And the track was not under water this morning. It's just your attitude in trying to make others look a fool when you clearly are the village idiot.! Don't reply with useless excuses. I was out doing the garden at 2!

I work 1/2 mile from the stadium and can tell you it did rain after 11. Stopped about 1 and showers in the afternoon.
  • Like 4

It's just started raining again.....good job the speedway is off :lol:

It's just started raining again.....good job the speedway is off :lol:

Wheres it started raing? Not Poole as I am looking out the window to dry roads. Moon is clear to see as are the stars. No rain at all since before 3 pm.

• Like 1

Wheres it started raing? Not Poole as I am looking out the window to dry roads. Moon is clear to see as are the stars. No rain at all since before 3 pm.

Near Ringwood, stopped again though only a brief shower.

(Today afternoon and early evening) Sunshine, blue skies, light cloud, perfect weather for calling off a meeting, but to be fair the "forecast" was somewhat different to the reality .

You really are a tw*T with too much to say. Egg on your face without a doubt it hasn't rained since about 11 this morning and it wasnt heavy neither. The area was bone dry at 4, and I live closer to the stadium than you think Mr know all.

And the track was not under water this morning. It's just your attitude in trying to make others look a fool when you clearly are the village idiot.! Don't reply with useless excuses. I was out doing the garden at 2!

Glad you got that off your chest are you...

Poole fans arguing amongst themselves ....priceless! It did rain....it didn't rain.....will it rain......if I'm honest the only sensible posts seem to be Mr Shovlar....yes I did say that!

• Like 6

Sad isn't it, is Starman some kind of god on all things Poole Speedway is he connected with the club in anyway?

yes he is.... by the umbilical chord.. :D

• Like 1

Sad isn't it, is Starman some kind of god on all things Poole Speedway is he connected with the club in anyway?

His lips are connected to Matt Fords rear!!

• Like 2