British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

King’s Lynn V Birmingham Wed 11 May

KING’S LYNN: Tom Stokes, Shane Hazelden, Scott Campos, Josh Bailey, Nathan Greaves, Layne Cupitt, Ryan Kinsley.

BIRMINGHAM: Zach Wajtknecht, Danyon Hume, Tom Bacon, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

Weather here yesterday was heavy rain at times and rained overnight. Clear at the moment and forecast of little rain and some sunshine so hope that we should be fine. Very much looking forward to this one. KLYS have had two good wins at home and go well on home soil. Reserves will be very interesting, Ryan is flying at home and JPB will keep him honest. Birmingham will obviously be a big challenge and lets look forward to some fast and safe racing.

What has the weather been like in KL this morning - someone closer than me please comment - I am only half hour away and it's just stopped raining since before 8am but still looking grey and miserable.

Is there a MDL fixture tonight

Doesn't look like there is an official MDL at Kings Lynn until 2nd June.......

Weather report would be gratefully received from someone near KL. we live 30 - 45 mins away and would like to know if it will go ahead after all the rain. Rained heavily here yesterday, in the night and this morning but sun is shining now. Fingers crossed

I'm 10 mins from track, rain stopped around 10am,sun is trying to comeout, is very warm (car says 14 degrees).

• Like 2

Anyone travelling along A47 from Norwich direction the road is close at Middleton. Seems the road surface is sinking and will be closed indefinitely.

Gona be a great win for brum, as I said start of the season, Kings lynn aint as good as alot were saying on here. Not got a top top rider in there team.

Bit of a tonking. Kings Lynn are under dogs

Lots of questions to be asked about Kings Lynn after this one who are looking like a 2 man side with home grown heroes Bailey & Kinsley offering the only serious resistance. Stokes will have better days but of the others major concerns are starting to be raised?

Greaves sadly isn't the rider he was before his leg break, Hazelden & Campos just make up the numbers. Its always amazed me that Campos gets a team place every year for what feels like the past 10 seasons and still performs extremely averagely.

Hume & Cupitt were at a similar level in the MDL last year but now Hume wins heat 1's and Cupitt runs consistent last places at home.

Take nothing away from Brum though. 6 of the 7 recorded at least one win and JPB will clearly have better days. Its no secret that the heat leaders are strong but its the 2nd strings that are really starting to kick on and i can see this Birmingham team sticking 70 points on someone in the not too distant future.

• Like 1