British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 26/05/16

The club hasn't been in a great place for a while now it seems. And a so so team with little chance of making the playoffs isn't helping the casual supporter.

Sure the hardcore fans will come week in week out no matter what.

Not having Kerr at reserve is critical. I agree with another post from early, wouldn't mind giving some of the Young Stars a chance.

From a spectator watching point of view, why is the club not in a good place ?

Think it's the same as most clubs, not seeing value for money

£17 to just watch the racing isn't enough & punters feel poorly treated

Atmosphere is the dullest it's ever been

Racing (except last night) has been exceptionally dull

• Like 1

I don't know whether this was a point gained or points lost. Although I enjoyed the night's racing, the standard of the Elite teams, these days are pretty poor. Fair play to Swindon who battle well, but you didn't have much to beat.

Niels tonight was majestic. His desire to win stood out like a beacon. Most of the time he was made to battle, but true to his stature he reign supreme. What a pity the others don't show the same attitude as Niels. Mads with slow bikes, and rusty Batchelor didn't help the cause. Huckenbeck and Wilko were poor, Rose done his job. In the end, it was left to Lambert to scrap a point. Yes, a brilliant last race against Doyle, but I was disappointed with Lambert and expected more from him than the single race win he managed. As a heat leader, he has to do better than that....

Looking at the team as a unit, we are weak. I remember when we raced in the Premier League we were better than this. Take Niels away and we are in Dire Straits. Its a long time since our team was this poor. you can rest assured we will finish nearer the bottom than the top of the league.

Any thoughts of reaching the 'Play-offs' is just wishful thinking.....

GR if he scored ten everyweek from five would you not be happy with that?.I must admit see Robert the other week at the Abbey and i was disappointed loads of effort but his gating was poor also the track that night was a disgrace.But the lad is quality see how he fares in the BF, i,heard he was superb value in the Scunny Semi Final.

Are you talking literally, as in the facilities? If so, you're missing my point as they are obviously up there with the best.

I was expressing my opinion on how the club feels this season. There's no excitement, no spark, no optimism. Even in the SS preview, our own (co) promoter predicted we'd miss out the playoffs (I think Rob said we'd come 5th). Most other promoters said their own teams would win!!!!

I just turn up each meeting not expecting to win, not really caring about the results as long as I see a few good races. I've known the time when losing left me feeling gutted for days!

Just how I feel, other will disagree.

Also, I'm not travelling to many away matches either supporting the Stars or as a neutral this season. Just feel a bit 'meh' about the sport.

GR if he scored ten everyweek from five would you not be happy with that?.I must admit see Robert the other week at the Abbey and i was disappointed loads of effort but his gating was poor also the track that night was a disgrace.But the lad is quality see how he fares in the BF, i,heard he was superb value in the Scunny Semi Final.

It's not my intention to run Lambert down, but sometimes I feel he should be winning more races. The man has immense talent and capable of beating the best. Last night, we needed somebody else to step up to help Niels. Heat 14 was critical. Lambert done well in beating Doyle twice, but then lost twice to lesser opponents.

Even after 4 yrs of racing, gating is still his nemesis. Its all very exciting watching him come from the back, but good riders are hard to pass. If he can't get his gating sorted he will never fulfil his obvious potential

Edited by GRW123

But not being able to gate initially turns them into great passers, he will get there, Darcy wasn't great at gating but he cracked it. Loram wasn't a good gater but he was World Champ and perhaps the most popular British rider ever.

If Buster can do the track like last night on a regular basis then we should see some more good racing, Wolves will be another goodie imo!

But not being able to gate initially turns them into great passers, he will get there, Darcy wasn't great at gating but he cracked it. Loram wasn't a good gater but he was World Champ and perhaps the most popular British rider ever.

If Buster can do the track like last night on a regular basis then we should see some more good racing, Wolves will be another goodie imo!

You're right about the track, the best I've seen in for a while. Looked to have a decent amount of dirt on it for a change, very consistent. Think that's one of the reasons Huckenbeck was uncomfortable. He certainly wouldn't be use to that amount of grip anywhere

Guess the crowd levels don't help when the club puts nothing on there Facebook page nearly 4500 fans on there but no preview or report from wed or thur night very poor

Guess the crowd levels don't help when the club puts nothing on there Facebook page nearly 4500 fans on there but no preview or report from wed or thur night very poor

Say that again? :P:lol: Sorry, I couldn't help myself! But in response to what you've said, they use Twitter a lot more nowadays it seems. The official account on there gets regularly used. Must confess I don't tend to look at the Facebook page, but it would be nice if it was updated, if that really is the case and they haven't touched it for a few weeks, especially after actually having a meeting on Thursday!

It's not my intention to run Lambert down, but sometimes I feel he should be winning more races. The man has immense talent and capable of beating the best. Last night, we needed somebody else to step up to help Niels. Heat 14 was critical. Lambert done well in beating Doyle twice, but then lost twice to lesser opponents.

Even after 4 yrs of racing, gating is still his nemesis. Its all very exciting watching him come from the back, but good riders are hard to pass. If he can't get his gating sorted he will never fulfil his obvious potential

Na i know that GR did not mean to word it like that as i know you are a Lambert supporter shows how much you rate him if you expect more race wins😅 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1