British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Edinburgh Pl 19-5-16 @ 7-30pm

Dont see that the comments were out of order - factually correct aside from the 'most sides will win there' part.

Danny knows he got away with it in 15 as much as anyone - he said so himself.

It couldve been worse had he gone down in 13 as well - he did think about it! wink

• Like 1

It was hardly a rant - John can rant much better than that!!

And as I showed further back, Danny King is not the rider he used to be at the moment.

And because of that we were in with a shout of taking the points.

No-one said it was King's fault.

The ref had a 'mare and King/Ippo gained.

It's over - we move on to Rye.

Let's see what the ref has in store on Sunday!!

And as scotchopper mentioned, Kevin Wolbert was a decent distance ahead of King in heat 10 when that was stopped after Kerr came down, only for King to get the benefit in the rerun.

So in terms of rubs of the green, the majority of them went Ippo's way on the night.

I would rather that Wolbert won the rerun of heat 10 as you wouldn't have got to use the mickey mouse tactical ride two heats later as you would only have been 8 down, so you got the rub of the green in that heat.

Bewley exclusion was not soft he totally knocked Ollie off and then crashed himself. Fish took Nico off in 13 always all four back. As stated before looked like Danny laid it down but rather that than smash into fence.

Anyway. Why are we so rubbish?

It makes for closer matches.

• Like 1

Anyway. Why are we so rubbish?

Poor support from the terraces not gonna help... if only they had something to create an atmosphere with! ;)

• Like 1

Let's see what the ref has in store on Sunday!!

Getting your excuses in early. Nice one!

500-700 people is shocking! Witches should be hitting 1,500 minimum per home meeting

I've only been once this season but it sounds like everyone could be for the chop due to inconsistancy but you would keep Covatti to start with, keep King in hope that he will rediscover form, Risager has done nothing wrong.

so it comes down to Kerr & Sargeant who potentially could go.... both have been disapointing give or take a meeting

Who is available out there on those averages?

That is the question who to come in and strengthen? Also can the track be improved?

No one is gonna come in and strengthen anything. I think this team will stay the same unless an unfortunate injury happens.

As for the track?????????????? What about it bob, can it be improved? Or is there nothing wrong with it?

You are not alone in your sentiments Sue. And it would feel worse for someone like you who has to put in an extra special effort to attend and then also provides a service for non-attending speedway followers via, the always excellent, Updates site.

My elder son and I arrived in time to hear the bikes revving up at the start line for Heat 1. OK, it was my fault for, as always, running late, but when we got to the turnstiles, the main ones were already chained up and the attendees packed up and stood the other side watching Heat 1, with just the left hand side access open with one lady, bless her, coping single handedly with the late comers. If another turnstile had been left open, then my son and I would have gained access in time to at least watch part of the opening Heat.

Baldyman had told me where you watched from and my son and I did spend some time looking for you, but due to a lack of knowledge on my part, we didn't spot you. Apologies for this Sue as, having been a single parent since my two lads were 11 and 9, I know how good it is to have some company when you do venture out, so I will ensure that you will not be left (home) alone at Foxhall in future - and lets face it, a couple of home meetings amongst the Ipswich branch of the BSF massif (well, Baldyman mainly, then other guys are OK), is really one too many - only joking lads - great company.. And, it was really scary over in the 'North Stand' last night, as it appears that the Bell End Lane Zombies had claimed some victims around 7:20pm and driven off in their cars, as there were so few cars in the car park by the time my elder son and I parked up and then, even more scarily, people in the seats behind the "BSF Massif" started disappearing - presumably either, again, taken by the Bell Lane Zombies, or even maybe beamed up into the space craft that Scotsman transports himself around in, during the speedway season. I believe it is called "The Inveresk".

And the PA is SO SO poor on the back straight too. Really really awful - if any of the Promotion read this.

I have been so unimpressed with the Witches riding, the promotion, the poor lighting, the poor PA, the lack of visibility of CL and Mr Smillie, thge poor track surface and the almost total lack of entertainment provided in the two meetings that I have attended, that I am going to Rye Mouse on Sunday to watch them ride against the Moan Archs rather than following the Witches at the EoES. That tells a story.....

Highlight of last night for me was sitting in front of the best Billy Joel lookalike (Pob?) that I have ever seen.

In previous years those of us that dare to criticise were vilified. Now I would suggest that those running and around the club are giving us politicians responses to the fact that we are crap. I accept silk purses don't come from sows ears, but we can't even rustle up a plastic one! Maybe that's how far we have fallen.

• Like 1

Oh well, maybe next season.

I did like the way bob teased us last night by moving the tractor. I think that was the highlight of my evening.

• Like 2

Oh well, maybe next season.

I did like the way bob teased us last night by moving the tractor. I think that was the highlight of my evening.

Next season baldy? Even the groundhog has had enough.

It's the same every season . Starts with a bit of promise until the first meeting, then it's all down hill from there

• Like 1