British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Edinburgh Pl 19-5-16 @ 7-30pm

It's the same every season . Starts with a bit of promise until the first meeting, then it's all down hill from there

I think last night Edinburgh got the 5-1 in 13 and I think they could smell blood and went for the kill. We just got lucky in 15 and I could see where John Campbell would be fuming. What I have noticed over the last few years is that when we lose at home, it Is not always because we are poor but we are often tactically outfought by the opposition. Basically a succession of poor team managers making poor tactical choices.

• Like 2

Oh well, maybe next season.

I did like the way bob teased us last night by moving the tractor. I think that was the highlight of my evening.

My highlight was meeting Scotsman of course, followed closely by the old fashioned sweets and then the Polish beer. The war cry has played havoc with my larynx today. I seem to have more car stickers (thanks Mr Murphy) now than I did at the start of the meeting. Were that nice family really sitting right behind us all meeting? At least they seemed to enjoy themselves. I tweeted with Ed Sheerhan again today, Ed said he had set aside the Thursday of half-term to pop along and play a few tunes - Oh, what is that you say, NO home meeting that Thursday..?! I have therefore thought of a new way to 'drum' up support for the next home meeting, but I am still confused as to when that may be.

Post meeting highlight was meeting 'bruv' - what a nice bloke and today seeing Baldy 'liking' one of his own posts - you dingbat...?!

• Like 1

I have been so unimpressed with the Witches riding, the promotion, the poor lighting, the poor PA, the lack of visibility of CL and Mr Smillie, thge poor track surface and the almost total lack of entertainment provided in the two meetings that I have attended, that I am going to Rye Mouse on Sunday to watch them ride against the Moan Archs rather than following the Witches at the EoES. That tells a story.....

"TheScotsman", if you read this, I am definitely going to Hoddesdon on Sunday rather than to the EoES for, what is, a dead rubber and a likely re-enactment of events in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692/93. I am going to speak with "dontforgetthefueltapsbruv",s brother who will be spannering for a Rye Mouse rider on Sunday - for reasons best not published on here (ohhhh, intrigue?!).

Naturally, I would drive to Rye Road via the A120 and Braintree so, now that my ability to drive has been restored, I could very easily pick you up on the way and drop you off after the meeting. PM me if you this is a starter or not please.

PS: it is ages since I went to Hoddesdon - probably 1987 when I doped and fuelled for Jacko and/or Glen Baxter - oh no, 1992, just after Gary Havelock had won his World Title and I my two boys were having their photograph taken with David Bargh, who I got friendly with having lived in New Zealand from 1988 to 1991, so my memory of how to get there is rusty and, I would have been driving from Billericay (and vaguely remember paying a toll to go via an Anglian / Thames Water site?!).

Edited by macca56

"TheScotsman", if you read this, I am definitely going to Hoddesdon on Sunday rather than to the EoES for, what is, a dead rubber and a likely re-enactment of events in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692/93. I am going to speak with "dontforgetthefueltapsbruv",s brother who will be spannering for a Rye Mouse rider on Sunday - for reasons best not published on here (ohhhh, intrigue?!).

Naturally, I would drive to Rye Road via the A120 and Braintree so, now that my ability to drive has been restored, I could very easily pick you up on the way and drop you off after the meeting. PM me if you this is a starter or not please.

PS: it is ages since I went to Hoddesdon - probably 1987 when I doped and fuelled for Jacko and/or Glen Baxter - oh no, 1992, just after Gary Havelock had won his World Title and I my two boys were having their photograph taken with David Bargh, who I got friendly with having lived in New Zealand from 1988 to 1991, so my memory of how to get there is rusty and, I would have been driving from Billericay (and vaguely remember paying a toll to go via an Anglian / Thames Water site?!).

I think it's still 50p for the toll, but I haven't travelled up there for a while. Id suggest you get to Rye at least 45 mins before the start as the car park fills very quickly. Watch out for the huge pot hole at the car park entrance. I once saw a Smart Car disappear into it and it took a crane to get it out

• Like 2

Yeah it's still 50p. Hope the racing is as good as last week for you macca and Scotsman. I guarantee it will be better that the rubbish we are served up these days.

• Like 1

Macca - sounds a good possibility. I'll let you know in a wee while what I'm doing.

Yes the toll is 50p - I usually go that way. Sometimes the barrier is up and it's free.

I thought the crater had been filled in?

I thought the crater had been filled in?

It was, but appeared again a week or so later

Many Thanks Shads, Baldy and Inveresk Laddie. Local knowledge much appreciated and I will have 2 x 50p's in the car and will leave 45 minutes earlier than I would have, which means about 15:45 for an 18:00 start time.

Between you and me I spoke to someone "in the know" in town (Ipswich) today and, following this conversation, it is my opinion that we may have to suffer this season and next season will be, as Monty Python once said, "Something Completely Different".

Keep the faith, and all will be revealed - in due course. I'll update you guys - with out naming any names, at the Witches next home meeting.

:party::party::party::party:

What save money this season for when the Elite league goes to a Thursday night from next season meaning Ipswich joins or be left with no double up /down riders available.

• Like 1

already know

Know what? Send me a pm cheers.

So King can get 13+1 and Kerr a paid max in the Lakeside v Coventry match but can't do it for Ippo.

Why's that then?

• Like 1

Macca - light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance! lol

• Like 1