British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Redcar Bears League Cup 23rd May 7.30pm

I suppose it does not really matter as long at the team finish in the top 6 for the play offs.The league will not be won in May but it would be nice to track a full team against a team you will hopefully be contending with near the business end of the season.

Both teams came back in the same year, 1997. Glasgow had ridden under the Scottish Monarchs moniker and were classed as a new team when they returned. We had closed down altogether, but returned that same year. We (well a certain person :P ) lost the toss of a coin to get seniority of Sunday's.

Did we not lose seniority when we changed to Monday for Bjarne, then returned to Sunday after he left. I know we lost it to Newport for that reason, and though it was for Glasgow as well.

Did we not lose seniority when we changed to Monday for Bjarne, then returned to Sunday after he left. I know we lost it to Newport for that reason, and though it was for Glasgow as well.

We didn't have superiority in the first place, as far as I know (with Glasgow - not sure about Newport) because of that coin toss (as far as I'm led to believe at any rate!). But, yes, we would have lost it when we switched back to Monday's "for Bjarne" (although we did run on some Sunday's that season too).

Edited by Steve Park

Was that not the times I stated earlier? LOL

I notice on the diamonds website it has Redcar Bears v Newcastle Diamonds A 7:30pm League Cup is that confirmed anywhere please?

I have also posted this on the Newcastle 2016 thread.

I notice on the diamonds website it has Redcar Bears v Newcastle Diamonds A 7:30pm League Cup is that confirmed anywhere please?

I have also posted this on the Newcastle 2016 thread.

2nd June. It's on the Redcar website fixture list

• Like 1

I see we once gain have fixtures this weekend that clash with Belle Vue & King's Lynn.

No Steve Worrall at Edinburgh on Friday (what a place to be without Steve) and presumably no Lambert & Rose on Monday - assuming Steve can dash to Brough from Belle Vue.

Not good for 2 of our biggest matches of the season.

we are going to need FOUR guests for the re areanged meeting down at Redcar... Lambert and Rose with Kings Lynn and Lindgren and Palovarra in Sweden youd think..... Warra farce.
  • Like 3

we are going to need FOUR guests for the re areanged meeting down at Redcar... Lambert and Rose with Kings Lynn and Lindgren and Palovarra in Sweden youd think..... Warra farce.

If that is the case, then the real farce is our management agreeing to a fixture which has clearly been suggested by the wiley Mr Haverlock deliberately to take advantage of a weakened Diamonds side. I hope we bring in s**t hot guests and grind Redcar into the dirt.

• Like 1

Have we been backed into a corner, so not to hold the competition up??

Had the boot been on the other foot, it is doubtful that Haverlock senior would have been so accommodating even it this is the case IMO.

Have we been backed into a corner, so not to hold the competition up??

YES.

YES.

Shocking - it's only end of May not September - honestly the BSPA are the reason why speedway in this country is dying on it's feet and this from so called professionals of the sport.