British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boz

Redcar V Workington - 19th May - League Cup

So Redcar will finally be hoping to run their first home League Cup meeting tomorrow against the Comets. I'm more optimistic after last weeks win, although I th ink the Comets will be a stiffer test than Plymouth.

Bears should be at full strength, not sure on the Comets line up with it being a hastily re-arranged meeting. Full Comets lineup or does Sweden take priority for any?

Hoping for another good, close meeting - will go for another very narrow Bears win.

Will try and keep this updated with weather tomorrow as last time i checked the forecast it was expecting showers..

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Comets are at full strength for tomorrow.

I'll be tweeting from the track Sue if you'd like to follow @CometsUpdates

• Like 2

Thanks Dan

Been dry all day so far, overcast but no rain yet.

Rain is spreading Eastwards this afternoon though according to latest forecast I have seen. Will keep this updated as I can this afternoon.

Light rain just started in Middlesbrough town centre. Looking at rainfall radar the band of rain does not look too bad so fingers crossed it blows through in plenty of time.

Rain only light though at minute and fairly warm, could give the track a nice even watering if it stays as it is.

Forecast I saw was for light showers late afternoon and then again around 8pm, hopefully they will be light

A decent enough meeting on an understandably slick track tonight. Was a bit of dirt on the outside in the early heats, but nothing on the outside later on meant gating was at a premium.

As rr said above, a spirited effort from the Bears. Jonas had his best meeting of the season and whilst not saying much Jacob also had his best meeting. Made a couple of passes and generally well on the pace. Bellego looked untouchable in his first two rides, but as the dirt left the track he struggled to make that outside line work.

Worky were solid if not spectacular throughout. I thought Jensen was probably the pick for them, although 6 of the 7 recorded at least a paid win so shows how solid they are.

A draw i felt would have been about right, but fair play to Workington.

• Like 2

A defeat but spirited effort from The Bears...

thats how defeat should be taken

too many so called fans cant see past a win for there team

• Like 1

thats how defeat should be taken

too many so called fans cant see past a win for there team

It must get rather monotonous though.

Brian H. announced team changes (in the bar after the meeting) for when the new averages come out. So probably 1st June when Jacob will also have done his 4 home & 4 away qualifying meetings to get him an average also. So who do you think???