British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

Didn't work though did it??!!

No serious injuries on Monday! In fact I can't recall any serious injuries at Poole due to track conditions recently.

Belle Vue riders loved it!!

Always the glib, overconfident answer.

It's clear that track is becoming dangerous. When you see riders of international standard losing control on their own you know there's already a serious a problem which abject neglect will not improve.

Oh, I forget, this is Poole and your arrogance will always see you through.

Your own star rider is repeatedly complaining about the situation, or is he just covering up his abject current form? (Leader in the GP, double-figures in Poland and Sweden).

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

quite simple instead of people being rude and offensive..

the track wasn't to the poole riders taste and levelled the playing field at that point all pooles home track advantage went..

I am sure belle view will be beaten more than once at their new track because they don't have any home track advantage yet like they were beaten by Swindon at home.

I don't think it has anything to do with any riders in particular but when you are at home you set the bike up like any normal home meeting as its what it should always be like when it isn't it throws anyone off I guess but on the other hand more experienced riders like hans.. Pederson and holder should adapt easily but belle view handled it better I think because poole hadn't been beaten at home for ages it took them all by shock.

fair play to belle view better on the night but still a way to go yet.

p.s I have no favourite team I watch speedway for the sport

• Like 1

money-in-hand-4.png

Okay, why did Leigh Adams choose Poole over BV when BV offered him more money? Maybe it was cos of the race night but track would have to be half decent for him to accept to ride for Poole.

watched the meeting last night - very enjoyable

Had Holder ridden heat 15 and Buzz ridden then Poole may just have nicked it!

Yep your right, track is awful and dangerous if you dont attack it right.

Apart from Buck and Newman, Poole are a team of gating tarts and white liners so they cant adapt. Soon as Hans and Bjarne went out of their comfort zone they came off.

To me the track is rough but whats the point in having it like that when your own team hate it??

You really are a negative soul, aren't you?

quite simple instead of people being rude and offensive..

the track wasn't to the poole riders taste and levelled the playing field at that point all pooles home track advantage went..

I am sure belle view will be beaten more than once at their new track because they don't have any home track advantage yet like they were beaten by Swindon at home.

I don't think it has anything to do with any riders in particular but when you are at home you set the bike up like any normal home meeting as its what it should always be like when it isn't it throws anyone off I guess but on the other hand more experienced riders like hans.. Pederson and holder should adapt easily but belle view handled it better I think because poole hadn't been beaten at home for ages it took them all by shock.

fair play to belle view better on the night but still a way to go yet.

p.s I have no favourite team I watch speedway for the sport

Good to see an objective view. :) Doesn't happen a lot on Poole threads!

You really are a negative soul, aren't you?

Good to see an objective view. :) Doesn't happen a lot on Poole threads!

Why is it negative?

Your track is poor

Your riders hate it

Braver riders attack it.

Your home advantage with that track is non existant

The track could ultimately cost you the title

Surely God Matt Ford must see this and sort it.

You hardly have a team of 'racers' so a grippy bumpy tricky track is not what your riders want.

The track at Wimbourn road has always been suspect, even going back to the Malcolm Simmons and Michael Lee era's it was never the track that riders enjoyed racing on. Of all the tracks I've visited this one has to be the worse. It amazes me that someone, held in such high esteem as Matt Ford, still expects his riders to put their life on the line, when he could have made the track much better for them to ride.

When we visited Poole for the POSF 2 years back, they had made a ridiculous hole on the first corner, ensuring the match to be called off. Probably they are now getting there comeuppance, you cant go digging up holes in a track and expect the base to be solid...... It should have been relayed years ago....

you're wrong, the hole was already there, it's just filled and packed normally but the amount of rain that had fallen had undone that packing.

the issue isn't that they made a hole, the issue is that they haven't done anything about it .... still

and the old Poole track before they changed it was superb and always had plenty of dirt on it

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

Okay, why did Leigh Adams choose Poole over BV when BV offered him more money? Maybe it was cos of the race night but track would have to be half decent for him to accept to ride for Poole.

I think your find it was because of the manager he stayed at Poole plus it was Poole who brought him over for a month,so maybe also loyalty and yes the track was really good then.

• Like 1

Why is it negative?

Your track is poor

Your riders hate it

Braver riders attack it.

You hardly have a team of 'racers' so a grippy bumpy tricky track is not what your riders want.

your track is poor... ok personal opinion..

your riders hate it... they are winning

braver riders attack it... ok

your home track advantage is non existent.... please tell me the last time they lost at home this year ???? and in fact how many times last year..

the track was bad this meeting but it hasn't been any other time than that I guess because let me see... they haven't lost at home..

Why is it negative?

Your track is poor

Your riders hate it

Braver riders attack it.

Everything you have just said is negative, none of it is constructive criticism!! The track is bad for one meeting and you act like it has been bad since the dawn of time.

As I have said before if it has been this bad for ages then we would have a team like Leicester, no one would want to ride for us! But you are going over the top.

your track is poor... ok personal opinion..

Everytime I have seen Poole on Sky the track's been awful, which makes Shovlar moaning about other tracks very ironic.

Still, it made for a great entertainment seeing Poole getting beaten at home. More of that please...

The track is bad for one meeting and you act like it has been bad since the dawn of time.

It's not just one meeting though, I don't have access to them but if you go back over Sky meetings at Poole for the last few seasons the track's always resembled a roller coaster.

A curious anomaly is that Belle Vue currently have the second lowest combined average in the EL, only Leicester are lower . Conversely Poole's combined average is by far the highest in the EL , five points higher than Swindon and nearly eight points higher than B.V.

Yet Poole have not won away yet. Can we read anything into those figures other than the fact that until Monday Poole had a massive home track advantage ( possibly because up to last night they knew where the holes were?)

Everytime I have seen Poole on Sky the track's been awful, which makes Shovlar moaning about other tracks very ironic.

Still, it made for a great entertainment seeing Poole getting beaten at home. More of that please...

It's not just one meeting though, I don't have access to them but if you go back over Sky meetings at Poole for the last few seasons the track's always resembled a roller coaster.

But not as bad as the other night though Imo.

Silly thing is it was getting better last year and even opposing riders said it was better. So what happened?

Edited by lisa-colette

Why is it negative?

Your track is poor

Your riders hate it

Braver riders attack it.

So much drivel in so few lines! Bravo!

The track is generally very good. It has produced some fantastic racing, but like all tracks, it has it's up and down periods.

Our riders get on perfectly with the track. Our unbeaten 13 month home record makes your non-existent home advantage statement look a bit silly.

Try not to lose too much sleep over our track costing us the title, I'm sure we'll figure it out in time.

But not as bad as the other night though Imo.

Yeah, fair comment I am not there weekly, my last visit was with Long Eaton so I don't know how it is other than what I see on Sky.

Silly thing is it was getting better last year and even opposing riders said it was better. So what happened?

Do they still have someone else do it for Sky meetings or do the usual track team prepare it?