British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Kings Lynn 19.5.16

Arguably that meeting last night was the poorest night of speedway I've ever witnessed

No argument from me - I just hate to see strung out races and there were too many of those.

• Like 3

Well done to Sedgy - he's in my Fantasy team too!! :-)

• Like 3

Really bad ...grip in places then slick in others a complete mess and hardly a pass ..it just go's show what double standards we have ..when we lost v Wolves it was because of the track etc etc because how bad it was but last night because we won not a word about it from us .

I guess it can only be bad when we lose .

Thanks for a very honest answer 👍🏻

Still getting over how poor that meeting was last night.The worst i can remember for years,for me the result is not relevant i go for the racing but apart from Doyle v Puk in heat 13 the rest was very poor.Could i put up with that everyweek i dont think so bend Two now looks like a accident waiting to happen.Bend three/four looked like there was a few holes there Huckenbeck in his first ride was quite comfortable in second then he hit something he then lifted violently was totally out of control through no fault of his own.Just hope the Poole meeting is a better advert for the sport last night was a night to forget.

• Like 1

Still getting over how poor that meeting was last night.The worst i can remember for years,for me the result is not relevant i go for the racing but apart from Doyle v Puk in heat 13 the rest was very poor.Could i put up with that everyweek i dont think so bend Two now looks like a accident waiting to happen.Bend three/four looked like there was a few holes there Huckenbeck in his first ride was quite comfortable in second then he hit something he then lifted violently was totally out of control through no fault of his own.Just hope the Poole meeting is a better advert for the sport last night was a night to forget.

They would have to try seriously hard to be worse than last night Mark!!!

Do you feel the need to comment on every teams business & how it's run? Wright struggled & is low on confidence, he will be back at reserve in the next two weeks & will go again. Sedgy was on fire so makes sense to put him in, if I'm not mistaken if was straight after KL's 8-1 so Swindon needed an advantage.

Was the track really bad?

Rob Lyon: "The track got progressively worse as the night went on and it was a disappointing end after a bright start."

At the moment Swindon are relying a lot on reserve berth but once the rider returns to top 5 they struggle. Sad to see Wright now being replaced by a Aussie in every meeting. Wasn't the draft meant to be to help British riders?

• Like 2

Track was like quicksand in places.

If you hit it at the wrong time/place, you could go flying in the wrong direction, just ask Tungate!

Hopefully he and Lambert aren't feeling too sore today.

• Like 1

If you hit it at the wrong time/place, you could go flying in the wrong direction, just ask Tungate!

Wasn't Tungate's problem that he hit the air fence and that threw him in the air. I wouldn't have blamed the track for that as he was too wide - from where I was stood near the starting gate.

• Like 1

Wasn't Tungate's problem that he hit the air fence and that threw him in the air. I wouldn't have blamed the track for that as he was too wide - from where I was stood near the starting gate.

you obviously didn't see him straighten up mid corner then..?

Do you feel the need to comment on every teams business & how it's run? Wright struggled & is low on confidence, he will be back at reserve in the next two weeks & will go again. Sedgy was on fire so makes sense to put him in, if I'm not mistaken if was straight after KL's 8-1 so Swindon needed an advantage.

Some people are making a lot of Swindon's current big scoring reserves, but in reality it doesn't make such a difference.

Take last night as an example, and looking at how the team rode.

Last night we had the following:

Wright: 0, 1, 2 = 3

Tungate: 0, 0, F = 0

Sedgman: 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3 = 17

Morris: 3, 2, 3, 2, 2 = 12

Total = 32

One would expect, if the teams were as they should be, you'd have Wright at 6, Tungate at 2, Sedge at 4 and Morris at 5. If you swap the team round to that order and look at the scores, those people might be surprised at the "difference" in expected points.

Assuming the following from last night's form - that Wright beats all reserves, Tungate beats all reserves, Sedge beats all reserves and second strings and Morris beats everyone but Iversen. Also assuming they all do the Hucklebuck, this is what you get (with possible errors on my part - but this is how it came out when I quickly went through!)

Wright: 3, 1, 2, 3 = 9

Tungate: 0, 1, 2, 0 = 3

Sedgman: 3, 1, 2, 2 = 8

Morris: 3, 2, 3, 2, 2 = 12

Total = 32.

So, in other words, the same. I didn't go through the scores so don't know if it would have affected the TR.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

Was the track really bad?

Rob Lyon: "The track got progressively worse as the night went on and it was a disappointing end after a bright start."

At the moment Swindon are relying a lot on reserve berth but once the rider returns to top 5 they struggle. Sad to see Wright now being replaced by a Aussie in every meeting. Wasn't the draft meant to be to help British riders?

No thats a lie. The track was absolute garbage at the start and riders couldn't turn it properly around bends 1 and 2. By the end is was just garbage as there was only 1 line all night so riders were queueing up behind each other. Hands down the most boring meeting i've ever been to.

Pretty sure Wright was replacing the Aussie's at the start of the season and will continue to do so when he goes back down to reserve soon. We will see how many times your Pole replaces Bates or Roller when he starts to score a few points at reserve. rubbish idea and rubbish rules but we are only doing what every other team will be doing when there is a decent foreigner at reserve and the Brit is struggling in the main body.

• Like 2

No thats a lie. The track was absolute garbage at the start and riders couldn't turn it properly around bends 1 and 2. By the end is was just garbage as there was only 1 line all night so riders were queueing up behind each other. Hands down the most boring meeting i've ever been to.

Pretty sure Wright was replacing the Aussie's at the start of the season and will continue to do so when he goes back down to reserve soon. We will see how many times your Pole replaces Bates or Roller when he starts to score a few points at reserve. rubbish idea and rubbish rules but we are only doing what every other team will be doing when there is a decent foreigner at reserve and the Brit is struggling in the main body.

There would be no point Wright replacing one of the Aussies if he was down at reserve,

Just because the rider at reserve can suddenly find points a lot easier to come by, doesn't mean they are suddenly better than the riders in the main team.

I just wish they would put the race formula back to how it was so we can have proper averages where there best riders have the highest average rather than nearly a whole league of riders between 5 and 7 that tells us nothing.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

Not spending any money on it now new track is on it's way ... or is it?

There would be no point Wright replacing one of the Aussies if he was down at reserve,

Just because the rider at reserve can suddenly find points a lot easier to come by, doesn't mean they are suddenly better than the riders in the main team.

I just wish they would put the race formula back to how it was so we can have proper averages where there best riders have the highest average rather than nearly a whole league of riders between 5 and 7 that tells us nothing.

Why do they just not take protected heats into consideration for averages?

you obviously didn't see him straighten up mid corner then..?

I must have missed that - apologies