British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Newcastle Pl 27/5/16 @7.30pm

The home men will be at full strength for this one. For the diamonds no stevie Worrall for them as he's on EL duty for Belle Vue and will be replaced by Theo Pijper.

Should be at tight match as most matches against the Diamonds are but home win by 12.

Teams for Friday

Edinburgh

1. Sam Masters

2. Erik Riss

3. Kevin Wolbert

4. Jye Etheridge

5. Ryan Fisher

6. Max Clegg

7. Dan Bewley

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert

2. Victor Palovaara

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Theo Pijper (G)

6. Lewis rose

7. Danny Phillips

pity steve is missing again but I think it will be a lot closer than your 12 point win

i'll go for monarchs by 18-20 :lol:

fisher for a maximum :t:

From a Newcastle point of view it is a blow that we cannot have Steve Worrall in our side. Guest Theo Pijper is a good rider but he is unlikely to match what Steve Worrall could score at Edinburgh. If the Diamonds lose by just a few points and Pijper under-acheives then I will question the choice of guest. Come on Theo prove me wrong and win us the match

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

From a Newcastle point of view it is a blow that we cannot have Steve Worrall in our side. Guest Theo Pijper is a good rider but he is unlikely to match what Steve Worrall could score at Edinburgh. If the Diamonds lose by just a few points and Pijper under-acheives then I will question the choice of guest. Come on Theo prove me wrong and win us the match

Steve Worrall got 12 from 5 getting 3 wins and Theo Pijper got 11 from 5 getting 3 wins?
  • Like 1

Theo is quality but Stevie Worrall is simply irreplaceable. With Worrall I would fancy Diamonds to win 42-48 against this weaker than usual Edinburgh side. Without Worrall it's harder but still a chance to sneak the win.

If Palovaara has got his gating gloves with him, you might not miss Worral too badly, he's got a decent record round the dale too.(Theo needs to remember to bring his gating gloves too).

Will Theo still be riding as I understand he took a bit of a knock last night at Sheffield?

Will Theo still be riding as I understand he took a bit of a knock last night at Sheffield?

a think 'Alden' did also, re monday :(

a think 'Alden' did also, re monday :(

Seb Alden has broken his neck (Seb's Facebook page), so yes.

Seb Alden has broken his neck (Seb's Facebook page), so yes.

wasn't aware of the extent of any injury, so apoligies if anyone is offended :(

Oh dear, looks like we threw 2,3,4 points away.. With falls and missing stevie.... Well done Monarchs.

Ah well it was no surprise we got beat by 2 points. Theo wasn't the best guest we could have had

Gutted. Goes without saying had Stevie been riding we would probably have taken all 4 points.

Great effort though.

Ah well it was no surprise we got beat by 2 points. Theo wasn't the best guest we could have had

He is normally good at Edinburgh, scored 11 there for Berwick a few weeks ago. Maybe not fit after last night, in which case he probably shouldn't have ridden.

• Like 2