British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Newcastle Pl 27/5/16 @7.30pm

Decent result but so frustrating when with a full team I have no doubt 4 points would have been coming our way and not just 1. Missing 2 riders on Monday and 4 riders on Thursday by all accounts - not good and could end up costing us on all fronts which is a shame - full team out we are a match for everyone but on how many occasions is this going to happen. Well done to Victor on a fantastic performance.

• Like 1

Decent result but so frustrating when with a full team I have no doubt 4 points would have been coming our way and not just 1. Missing 2 riders on Monday and 4 riders on Thursday by all accounts - not good and could end up costing us on all fronts which is a shame - full team out we are a match for everyone but on how many occasions is this going to happen. Well done to Victor on a fantastic performance.

Agreed. But if we want to watch Robert Lambert every week that's the price we'll have to pay. Been worth it so far I have to say.

• Like 1

Not just Lambert you miss out on though.

That's the problem with using so many riders with EL priority.

Agreed. But if we want to watch Robert Lambert every week that's the price we'll have to pay. Been worth it so far I have to say.

True but it's just so frustrating and the problem is also it's not just one rider but 3 and sometimes more with overseas committments for LL and MK.

Whatever the rights or wrongs it's becoming increasingly frustrating, knowing we have a team, when altogether, are capable of winning wherever they ride

• Like 1

must be frustrating, a win at Glasgow would smooth it over tho, (and at home) ;)

• Like 2

If and when Newcastle reach the play offs the EL will have finished so won't be a problem having to use guests

• Like 2

Whatever the rights or wrongs it's becoming increasingly frustrating, knowing we have a team, when altogether, are capable of winning wherever they ride

Unless it's Scunthorpe that track is a curse for us.

Is it Chance or Community Chest where you get the Get Out of Jail Free cards?

I think we raided the box tonight!!

Unlucky Diamonds.

• Like 2

If and when Newcastle reach the play offs the EL will have finished so won't be a problem having to use guests

Thing is there are other comps also which we could lose out with - by all accounts we will require 4 riders for Boro away in the league cup which is a must win. What's the way round it don't select riders who are contrcted to EL clubs but as NJC said do you really want then to miss out on seeing RL and SW most weeks. Tough one and I know it's not just Newcastle but we are badly affected as we have 3 riders doubling up. Grumpy tonight after missing out on 4 points :sad:

End of last season Victor was one I would have liked Monarchs take a chance on with a relatively low average for 2016.

Fortunate that Stevie wasn't riding tonight as Newcastle deservedly would have won.

Strong unit when all seven are available.

Would fancy them against any team home and away.

• Like 1

You will just be watching a Newcastle "select" most of the season.Mickey mouse sport.
  • Like 1

Well we certainly got out of jail big time tonight. Thank god Worrall wasn't there or the diamonds were leaving with 4 points.

But well done to the boys on pulling through and getting the victory. Special mention to young Dan though great heat win in heat 4. Anyway onto next week for the the Fish testimonial hopefully he gets a great turnout.

• Like 1