British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Leicester Lions - 27 May Elite 'b' Fixture

Tonight is a new low. Had enough !!

Don't worry mate. It's our 'trick track' that makes us such a force at home.

In seriousness, I feel for you guys. As a long standing Lakeside/Arena supporter, I'm well aware of what it feels like to be on the end of heavy defeats.

The problem is I can see a heavy home loss for Leicester tommorow and a poor crowd I have this feeling things are going to go bottoms up at Lions soon especially if BSPA decline Mrs H as Promotor

Can't see it tbh.

There's only so many time you can poke a dog with a stick before it bites.

The BSPA, will in this instance grant the request.

Got to feel for the Lions tonight but the Hammers (Rob Mear apart) were in awesome form and, in the main, electric out of the gate.

Good to see Dave Watt getting god reception from the Lakeside fans on riders parade. Proves he still has a lot of support at Lakeside despite a small number of BSF critics. He rode pretty well as well, not quite his usual self but getting back on track. Still looks very stylish round Lakeside. Good for him.

Lewi Kerr collected his second successive paid maximum . He has now improved to the point of looking a totally different rider to the one that joined the club last March.

AJ was something else tonight. Absolutely phenomenal

Good to see Dave Watt getting god reception from the Lakeside fans on riders parade. Proves he still has a lot of support at Lakeside despite a small number of BSF critics. He rode pretty well as well, not quite his usual self but getting back on track. Still looks very stylish round Lakeside. Good for him.

Agreed..

Remember a 62-28 loss to Glasgow in the first season back and that was painful so feel for anyone who travelled tonight. Dark times :neutral:

Hopefully a good away win tomorrow, what with having Craig Cook as a guest for Nilsson

Why isn't Dennis Jonsson replacing Kim, I thought that's what #8's were for?

• Like 3

Fantastic from Richard Lawson love to see him doing well. Aaron has struggled EL so far but is in a disjointed team thats struggling with low morale. I hope the lions can turn things around and their riders show what they are capable of. Excuse my lack of knowledge but what can the lions do to strengthen? The 28 days is not the best way to deal with this issue seems unfair to club involved.

Why isn't Dennis Jonsson replacing Kim, I thought that's what #8's were for?

Because of the same reason Kev that we signed, then subsequently dumped Bjarne; and appointed Kelvin Tatum to be our motivational coach to improve our away form.

In other words, Jon Cook appears to often enjoy making press releases that subsequently have the depth of a grain of sand.

• Like 1

Leicester looked woefully weak at the start of the season and sadly that`s proved to be the case, troubled times ahead I`m afraid for the Lions.

I did not go because it was obviously going to be so one sided.

Really do not know where Leicester go from here.

And how many are going to turn up tonight ?

Not sure how many turned up but the crowd didn't look to great. Have to feel for Leicester fans I remember only to well what it was like for us under Ronnie Russell and it wasn't fun. Really hope things turn round for them.

Lakeside went down by about 70-20 or something at Poole a few years ago. Happens to most clubs sooner or later, but things come in cycles. Feel sorry for you guys but Lakeside also had a pretty grim year last year, losing half the home matches. It just the way things go sometimes.