British Speedway Forum
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches - 30/5/16

Grandstand holds 2200 apparently; It was definitely 75% full; It was only the block at the furthest that was empty.

You should be able to get some decent glasses for 15k.

• Like 4

You should be able to get some decent glasses for 15k.

I thought It was pretty full; sorry about that.

I actually have £15,755 now and I swap all of that to relive the 2006 EL final.

Edited by Morrissey Fan

I thought It was pretty full; sorry about that.

I actually have £15,755 now and I swap all of that to relive the 2006 EL final.

send me the fantasy 15k and i will send you a D.V.D. of the 2016 E.L. final .. ( just how old are you ) ? would be interesting to know .

i also have the female security guards name and telephone number , if you want to trade !

Have to admit that Peterborough certainly gave us a gating lesson in the first 10 heats when there were no passing. Yes the track is the smoothest I've seen it but it is also the slickest. Not sour grapes but I was bored of the gate and go up to the interval. Even Danny said when interviewed that the outside line wasn't working. You could see that as when Hansen missed the gate try all he wanted on the outside he couldn't pass Paco who was white lining. The last few heats were good but very dusty as you can't water a slick track.

Thought Nico was unlucky in heat 13 when his bike seemed to lose power starting the last lap and then lucky as Danny & Oystercard managed to miss his slowing bike entering turn 1. The kick from Oystercard towards Nico in heat 15 certainly seemed to fire Nico up, certainly still no love lost between those two after the fours last year.

Ipswich were poor again and now drastic changes need to be made or we are in for a very early finish to the season. In my opinion Kerr, Sarjeant and both reserves are just not up to it. The trouble is where are the riders to replace these.

• Like 1

IMO, Ipswich would have missed their three loaned out Australians at the EoES yesterday. Cam was oozing class, team riding and very quick at Hoddesdon yesterday, but you can't see him back with the Witches for some time, especially if the rumours emanating from the "inner sanctum" about next season are true.

• Like 1

Have to admit that Peterborough certainly gave us a gating lesson in the first 10 heats when there were no passing. Yes the track is the smoothest I've seen it but it is also the slickest. Not sour grapes but I was bored of the gate and go up to the interval. Even Danny said when interviewed that the outside line wasn't working. You could see that as when Hansen missed the gate try all he wanted on the outside he couldn't pass Paco who was white lining. The last few heats were good but very dusty as you can't water a slick track.

Thought Nico was unlucky in heat 13 when his bike seemed to lose power starting the last lap and then lucky as Danny & Oystercard managed to miss his slowing bike entering turn 1. The kick from Oystercard towards Nico in heat 15 certainly seemed to fire Nico up, certainly still no love lost between those two after the fours last year.

Ipswich were poor again and now drastic changes need to be made or we are in for a very early finish to the season. In my opinion Kerr, Sarjeant and both reserves are just not up to it. The trouble is where are the riders to replace these.

Heat 8 was a great race with Lambert going from last to second.

If gate and go isn't your thing you must get bored pretty quick at Foxhall.

• Like 4

Hmm, a number of thoughts spring to mind after attending this meeting.

Peterborough were well up for it and fully deserving of the win all the way.

Cookie obviously would improve any team in the PL, being very quick anyway and his uncanny knack of getting away with the odd roller.

And Simon Lambert, what a shift the lad put in between 2 meetings yesterday and a real trump card while he remains in a reserve position.

However they are currently stronger than they will be due to a couple of reasons.

Round the showground Hansen is much better than NBJ and no way on the planet would Tom Perry have scored anywhere near what RR did last night. My opinion only but I reckon you can take at least 10 pts off the Panthers final total.

In the end it wouldn't have made a sods worth of difference because the Witches simply aren't good enough this year.

However we were treated to some very good racing at times and The Witches were given a few gating lessons early on.

Let's be honest here, the only reason it was close last week is a couple of the Panthers were off their game.

• Like 1

Heat 8 was a great race with Lambert going from last to second.

If gate and go isn't your thing you must get bored pretty quick at Foxhall.

I have been this year at Foxhall, we are certainly not getting value for money.

Heat 13 made the trip worthwhile. But dear oh dear, where do we go from here? What exactly have we achieved replacing Ritchings with Greenwood? Feel sorry for Kerr, tried hard enough but needs to ditch the Jawa's, the power is all wrong, perhaps a return to a motor he can trust, to get his confidence back.Just a thought, over and out.

Edited by Roland

Morrissey Fan, on 30 May 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

Brilliant; really enjoyed the meeting and glad to see a decent sized crowd turn up, the grandstand wasn't full by any means but definitely over 1500 there?

However can somebody please fix the speaker system out; how are you supposed to hear interviews when sitting in the Grandstand?

Happy Birthday to Emil also and the birthday cake was a pleasant surprise :)

I also need to ask a question to the female security guard, does anyone know her name and preferably also her phone number?

Why didn't you go up to the Lass & introduce yourself ? Hi , I am Morrissey Fan aka KKS, MJJ from the British Speedway Forum ..Now that would be an ice breaker wouldn't IT ??...GOOD LUCK ;)

I have been this year at Foxhall, we are certainly not getting value for money.

They should be paying us to watch what we have had to put up with so far this season .

Let's hope we have a couple of decent riders next season and not like the old Polish rubbish. Holder cook and Kennett would be 3 I wouldn't mind seeing.

Hmm, a number of thoughts spring to mind after attending this meeting.

Peterborough were well up for it and fully deserving of the win all the way.

Cookie obviously would improve any team in the PL, being very quick anyway and his uncanny knack of getting away with the odd roller.

And Simon Lambert, what a shift the lad put in between 2 meetings yesterday and a real trump card while he remains in a reserve position.

However they are currently stronger than they will be due to a couple of reasons.

Round the showground Hansen is much better than NBJ and no way on the planet would Tom Perry have scored anywhere near what RR did last night. My opinion only but I reckon you can take at least 10 pts off the Panthers final total.

In the end it wouldn't have made a sods worth of difference because the Witches simply aren't good enough this year.

However we were treated to some very good racing at times and The Witches were given a few gating lessons early on.

Let's be honest here, the only reason it was close last week is a couple of the Panthers were off their game.

The most sensible post I read LOL!

I personally thought the track looked good. Not seen it looking like that for quite a while. Even Ulrich said it was the best it had been for some time over the tannoy!

The racing was sublime I thought. Up there with the best I've seen around the Showground in recent years. Ostergaard and Grondal both looked completely different riders compared to last week!!!! Lambert had an amazing day - good on him - he needs the income now he has a baby to look after too so congratulations to him.

I was personally feeling quite optimistic that Panthers would walk away with a win, but not by the margin that they did, based on last weeks showing. Credit where credit's due - the team (plus guests) rode their hearts out.

I look forward to the next instalment against Glasgow on Friday 10th June. What a meeting that could be!!!! :party: