British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 2nd June 2016

Not forgetting the time we delayed the start time last year to allow Kus, then a Redcar rider, to arrive at Brough on time from a late flight. BSPA insisted we got this tie out of the way by the end of May but allowed Redcar June 2nd, and June 10th for another tie.

Exactly reasons like you list and the delayed start time was one that went through my mind as I was writing the above statement which is why I state we should never do the current promotion at Redcar any favours, and if any of the promotion including Brian have any issues with me having ago at them then come and see me face to face ask most of the powers that be at our club including Tsunami to point me out!

If , as you state, George said we could run any night other than Sunday, we can't start complaining about getting one of those nights can we? And IMO we ran on the Monday to get the match played, which was to our benefit!

I'm not out to totally defend Redcar, as we all know Havvy can be an awkward old $$$$$, but I think we need to look closer at home and the decision to build our team with the knowledge that we will be missing riders and have to get guests! If George is expecting other promotions to fit in with when we can ride all the time we will be falling out with many other teams , not just Redcar.

George announced it at our home match on the centre green before our enforced break last month, Redcar have run fixtures on other nights of the week, so it appears to me the are just being un helpful to us?

That of course is just an opinion but why would we run on a working Monday let alone a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby when we had a blank day the day before if it was not to assist the bears? that would of not been in the best intrest of our club I don't believe.

Exactly reasons like you list and the delayed start time was one that went through my mind as I was writing the above statement which is why I state we should never do the current promotion at Redcar any favours, and if any of the promotion including Brian have any issues with me having ago at them then come and see me face to face ask most of the powers that be at our club including Tsunami to point me out!

George announced it at our home match on the centre green before our enforced break last month, Redcar have run fixtures on other nights of the week, so it appears to me the are just being un helpful to us?

That of course is just an opinion but why would we run on a working Monday let alone a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby when we had a blank day the day before if it was not to assist the bears? that would of not been in the best intrest of our club I don't believe.

Bears were already racing at Glasgow the day before in Cup match, so that was a none starter unless in your opinion Glasgow were also being unhelpful in not changing their fixtures?

And you have answered your own question why would Redcar run on an off night for "a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby" when you have said Newcastle were happy to come on any night but Sunday? That surely would not have been in the best interests of our club.

Bears were already racing at Glasgow the day before in Cup match, so that was a none starter unless in your opinion Glasgow were also being unhelpful in not changing their fixtures?

And you have answered your own question why would Redcar run on an off night for "a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby" when you have said Newcastle were happy to come on any night but Sunday? That surely would not have been in the best interests of our club.

The Bears may of been at Glasgow the day before, but how about weeks before? oh no as Redcar were to busy calling off fixtures at the very last minute against the Comets were they not!

Yet again though you can see a pattern evolving as you seem to think its ok for Newcastle to run on a off night and cost our club revenue but not Redcar Hmm!

Edited by mike7164
  • Like 1

Love this, if you scored 1 more point everything would be fine and dandy, talk about sore losers jesus, Newcastle said they were happy to go any day apart from Sunday so Redcar chose Thursday, which is THEIR race night, Newcastle didn't object.

• Like 1

The Bears may of been at Glasgow the day before, but how about weeks before? oh no as Redcar were to busy calling off fixtures at the very last minute against the Comets were they not!

Yet again though you can see a pattern evolving as you seem to think its ok for Newcastle to run on a off night and cost our club revenue but not Redcar Hmm!

You were moaning about Redcar not coming the day before on a blank day, hence the reference to Glasgow! I'm not aware of earlier days being suggested - which were these?

What had call off against Comets got to do with anything? I'm afraid the only pattern evolving here is your obvious vendetta against everything to do with Redcar - and your pitiful attempts to bring up any topic to have a go against them.

If you had secured the win everything would be rosy and nothing would be mentioned, however when you lose a minority have to have some excuse to use, be it track conditions, refereeing decisions or running the match on a night which you said was ok, but now isn't because you didn't get the result you needed!

The bottom line is you have an excellent team this season, but one where you will be missing riders, get used to it and the consequences it may bring

did Newcastle not run on an 'off night' cos the stadium was unavailable, which is why we have no meeting tonight also ???

Was it not Sunday the 15 th may.Anyway time to move on what is done is done just look forward.

A question for you. What was the crowd like (up or down compared to previous Derbies at MPA)? I wasn't there, as I decided against watching a 'Diamonds Select' side and wondered how many others did the same.

Edited by Steve Park

A question for you. What was the crowd like (up or down compared to previous Derbies at MPA)? I wasn't there, as I decided against watching a 'Diamonds Select' side and wondered how many others did the same.

Definately down Steve.

Definately down Steve.

I agree definitely down, less of both Redcar and Newcastle supporters than you would expect normally.

I think it was a combination of reasons - cold night (again!), footie on telly, meaningless fixture (from Redcar perspective), Diamonds select team (for Diamonds fans ) and probably general apathy from a number of Bears fans who are disillusioned with this season (and promotion)

• Like 2

did Newcastle not run on an 'off night' cos the stadium was unavailable, which is why we have no meeting tonight also ???

No ruffdiamond that was the one before which was due to of been Somerset!!

I agree definitely down, less of both Redcar and Newcastle supporters than you would expect normally.

I think it was a combination of reasons - cold night (again!), footie on telly, meaningless fixture (from Redcar perspective), Diamonds select team (for Diamonds fans ) and probably general apathy from a number of Bears fans who are disillusioned with this season (and promotion)

Thanks for the constructive and honest answer. :approve:

I know im a bit late - but well done the bpsa ........... and they wonder why the sport is struggling

utter joke the diamonds were forced to ride this with 4 riders missing

who was on the committee ..... Glasgow... Sheffield.... Workington and Somerset promoters

how come somerset get until 10th June

everyone knows a full strength diamonds would have walked this

well done to redcar for battling hard to prevent their rivals going through ......... but I still think we should have won ..... Richie and Garcia were disappointing scoring only 11

totally hacked off as this was a competition we would could have won ,,,,, but thanks to the idiots in the asylum ................ rant over ..............

ps hope Workington get thumped ......... cos they shouldn't be in the semis ........... sour grapes .... maybe ..... but its a fact

Wish worky did have members on the committee then we might have avoided missing 3 riders at Sheffield on the same night,thought with George being one of the red blazer gang,he'd have found a way round it or did they just underestimate Redcar?

The committee consists of Kings Lynn, Wolverhampton, Scunthorpe & NEWCASTLE promoters (plus Colin Pratt not sure where he is nowadays), so effectively for Pl influence you get more than 11 other teams. Of course these promoters would always remain impartial when making decisions and not consider their own clubs interests to influence any decision would they :nono: Although having seen how Grumpy George usually has a moan about anything after a defeat one does wonder how impartial one could be ;)

Swindon I believe, although I could be very wrong :P

I know im a bit late - but well done the bpsa ........... and they wonder why the sport is struggling

utter joke the diamonds were forced to ride this with 4 riders missing

who was on the committee ..... Glasgow... Sheffield.... Workington and Somerset promoters

how come somerset get until 10th June

everyone knows a full strength diamonds would have walked this

well done to redcar for battling hard to prevent their rivals going through ......... but I still think we should have won ..... Richie and Garcia were disappointing scoring only 11

totally hacked off as this was a competition we would could have won ,,,,, but thanks to the idiots in the asylum ................ rant over ..............

ps hope Workington get thumped ......... cos they shouldn't be in the semis ........... sour grapes .... maybe ..... but its a fact

not nice words from this poster . if you sign top riders that have el commitments , then be prepared to lose out via the clashes with the el and other meetings .

yes , you should have won . but you didnt .so eat your own sour grape buddy and live with the FACT that george has signed a team of part time newcastle diamond speedway riders . thanks george and redcar . as regaurds to getting thumped . i dont care . we are in the semi,s , your nor .

so looks like the only semi your getting will be in the morning . glorious. sleep tight .

• Like 2