British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Not So Positive Rye House Vib's

Sorry but I don't know where the original poster was standing when apparently "someone fell down on the broken plank" but we stand right where it is and saw it bending, we mentioned it straight away to a staff member and the plank was fixed over it within minutes. I agree it could be a trip hazard but we all know it's there and are being careful and we were told that as part of the stadium improvements that area will be replaced. As for the car park sorry but even last season with the attendant the parking was a "do it yourself effort" especially as the attendant went into the stadium when the meeting started and people using the pub and kart track also use it. As for the music "Those Magnificent Men" perhaps Len took it with him - thank goodness - I much prefer what's played now and from the way the team seem to be riding "as a team" and also the improved atmosphere on the terrace this year I am hopeful of better things to come.

Edited by hammer1969
  • Like 1

He's either on a wind up, or one of Lens cronies. Why else would anyone complain about the lack of their favourite sweets when they serve up a meeting like that?

think it has to be a 'wind up post' - if its not then an evening of superb racing seems to be of little interest to them

It's clearly a wind up as he gives himself away with the comment 'processional racing' - who misses that!!

well said and things take time to get right but have every confidence that they will be sorted. This is the best year at Rye for a long time and long may it continue - I am not going to be specific but regarding one of the complaints by the original poster just remember there are 2 sides to every story - also well done to the BMR team at this weekend - not really into saloon cars but am trying to catch up with the sport

Like to know the other side ...:-)

May I, as someone who has known and liked the great Len Silver for many years, offer a comment after attending Saturday night's meeting?

The Rye House track has been much improved by removing the camber and racing throughout was excellent, with little or no dust.

The 'building site' reports are of course accurate, but if these are allied to 'work in progress' what's the problem?

The attendance was the best I've seen over past seasons on my infrequent visits to Rye, and if any of these spectators weren't impressed by what was probably the best speedway match I've seen for ages, then the sport isn't for them.

Yes, Len has his legacy at Rye -- personally, I'd have liked the new promotion to have retained "Magnificent Men" as a parade theme as a grateful nod to his heritage -- but on Saturday night, I found the Rye House experience much improved.

The poster John Drake (aka Dave Stummings) who started this debate is sadly deluded in a great deal of his comment. IMO.

• Like 2

The poster John Drake (aka Dave Stummings) who started this debate is sadly deluded in a great deal of his comment. IMO.

Strangely, Dave Stummings (a frequent critic of the BMR promotion) seems to have disappeared from this forum and Rye House Fans Facebook page in the past few weeks

Edited by Shads

I was at the Edinburgh match a few weeks ago and thought there were a fair few 18-24 yr old in attendance.

My tip of the day is pop into an outdoor pursuits shop and buy yourself a Spork to eat your fish and chips with. Only cost a couple of quid and if you're lucky you can get one in your team colour. It works well with all manner of takeaway food.

I was at the Edinburgh match a few weeks ago and thought there were a fair few 18-24 yr old in attendance.

My tip of the day is pop into an outdoor pursuits shop and buy yourself a Spork to eat your fish and chips with. Only cost a couple of quid and if you're lucky you can get one in your team colour. It works well with all manner of takeaway food.

What all this fuss about forks? Use yer bleedin fingers!

• Like 6

OK, I forgot to say. Fish & chips were a mixed bag. Liked the chips, fish was a wee bit greasy. But they in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the evening's entertainment. Which was, I say again, excellent!

• Like 1

I missed last Saturdays meeting so it may have been fixed by now but the Public Address System on the Back Straight has been in dire need of attention for some time now.

I missed last Saturdays meeting so it may have been fixed by now but the Public Address System on the Back Straight has been in dire need of attention for some time now.

It's been fixed.