British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolves V Coventry Mon 6th June 2016

the reserve rules are all wrong, how a rider like pk can be reserve and take 7 rides and he will no doubt be taking a ride off the draft rider that got promoted into the team

is a joke

Well he didn't and he didn't. Next?

• Like 1

Yes but the majority of results are so predictable, the rules so bendable, and the EDL reserves idea is so pathetic, this is after all supposed to be the Elite League, a league which has lost all credibility with all but its core supporters.

What leics beating Swindon last week you mean ? are you telling me that somehow results in yesteryear were more unprecdictable ? just like always most of the time the home team wins in speedway .

Not a fan of some the rules this year but there has been good match after good match this year ..of course that fact or view is not going to be popular as a lot of people for some odd reason just want to be negative all the time and almost hope that every match is poor and the league fails

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Gotta say if any newcomers were their tonight they would be back every week to watch racing like that.

Credit to Doc and the track staff for preparing a superb track in such warm and humid conditions.

I feared it might go slick but Doc and the boys were out every 4 heats preparing a new prepared track - it's not difficult to see why Wolves win as many track awards as they do. Doc is a god!

This is one to buy the DVD for, besides the odd strung out heat it was filled with quality racing and credit to both teams for giving us a perfect night of racing in perfect weather (with the perfect result naturally the icing on the cake.

As expected Coventry at Monmore are rarely walkovers and after fighting back into the match with the TR I believed they would go on and win it. They were trapping and the wolves boys seemed to be nodding off.

As for that TR- as a neutral that was a belter of a race. Garrity as expected given the B/W as KK is as good as hopeless at number one at Monmore. Lo and behold he wins the race with ease such is the enigma that he is.

Garrity was in all scoring positions during that race however it looked like his challenge would come to nothing. That said he screamed into the 3rd bend on the last lap and forced Masters wide (he used Masters to slow himself down by pushing into him). Masters had no idea he was there until he was virtually at the 4th bend fence. Certainly was a huge talking point and the home crowd baying for pantomime blood however think the call the to declare the race as it finished was probably the correct one. Would have been harsh to have excluded Garrity but I think everyone in the Wolves camp would have agreed if he did!

That certainly inspired a big comeback from the Bees and I feared going into heat 13 however what was I worried about because the former World number 2 did what he normally did and shut off and didn't even attempt to get involved. Lindgren saw off Bomber as well to give us breathing space.

And then belief restored with Masters and Jacob riding a superb team pairing to deny King.

No Coventry number one in heat 15? Obviously not!

However yet more excellent passing and battling upfront and at the back saw me remember why Speedway is the best sport in the world when it's like this.

WOLVES

FRED - had to battle with King in heat 11 to split the Coventry duo on a 5-1 and as had become the norm ran king wide off the 3rd bend hoping to get Howarth thru. Perfectly fine after Garrity's move In heat 10. Top scored overall and beat Bomber twice. Classic Lindgren.4.5/5

KYLE - quick enough and in the mix.seemed to get spooked by being ahead of KK in heat 1 although he had virtually done the job. 2/5

SAM - quiet score wise but not effort wise. Beat 3 of the bees H/L's in his 4 heats. 3/5

JACOB - rapidly improving and fast becoming a star at Monmore. Beat 2 of the Bees top 3. 4.5/5 MOTM

JOONAS - great in heat 7 but otherwise struggled somewhat tonight. 1.5/5

PK - wasn't so sure he would get straight on the pace in his first match but was total class battling for every point. 4/5

MAX - did a decent job in heat 2 but then struggled. 1/5

BEES

KK - 5 points from you're number one? Standard KK at Monmore. One easy win the rest total cack. 1/5

Garrity - first race nowhere however was the usual full explosive rider I love watching. One of the stand outs for the visitors. 3.5/5

King - certainly trying hard so can't fault effort . Points didn't reflect effort. 2/5

Woryna - impressed with what I saw, cracking gate in his first race but got outsmarted by 2 Monmore experts so no disgrace. His pass and re pass of PK in heat 9 was sublime. 2/5

Harris- boy was he quick tonight. Not quick enough against super fast Freddie in the last but as always a joy to watch. 4/5

Roynon - did his job and much better than his last Monmore outing. 1.5/5

Sarjeant - no jumps for a change , that was the only real surprise. 1.5/5

Edited by stevebrum

Your right, the simple pleasures in life!!

Bit sad. You'll have to find another hobby next year! :-)

Decent effort, better than expected but nothing to write home about. The team is what it is.

Depressing journey home. One more trip to Wolves remaining. Another meeting closer to extinction.

• Like 1

Strange isn't it that the Swedish League - often held up to be one of the best alongside Poland - have rules that allow the likes of PK and others eg AJ etc to ride at reserve and there's hardly a peep!!

Not even on the Swedish equivalent of the BSF - assuming there is such a thing?! ;-)

A truly stupid comment, even by your low standards.

The Swedes don't use a 'protected' race formula that is supposed to keep reserves away from heat leaders, thus they don't produce blatantly false averages for reserves who only face second strings and reserves while heat leaders have to race mainly fellow heat leaders and some second strings as in the Elite League.

Surely it's not that hard to understand that false averages are being created and riders being promoted prematurely?

Are you deliberately misunderstanding this rather simple point in order to back up the Poole promotion and their colleagues on the BSPA or are you genuinely unable to understand?

Either way I'm concerned for you.

As has been said many times (and seemingly ignored) riders do need to progress into the teams - BUT NOT THIS WAY!

In Sweden the race format creates relatively false averages by also having two reserve races but the reserves certainly don't have 'soft' rides in their other races as they do in Britain. I rather suspect that only a handful of posters here follow Swedish speedway or understand its nuances anyway so are unlikely to comment on their race format and averages.

Now, if this still isn't understood, and my goodness I've tried to dumb it down enough for you, perhaps you need to consult with your Speedway Star seller when you finally get round to staging another meeting?

Sorry to have to puncture your complacency again but I am heartily sick of the way Poole and its mouthpieces try to twist this sport, always pleading innocence and incredulity that anyone should question them. Some of us can see right through it though. Unlike yourself I have no party line to toe these days, thankfully. Been there, threw away the T-shirt in disgust.

The problem at Poole is you are so experienced in feeding the world utter bull you've clearly begun to fool yourselves!

It is always difficult in first year or 2. Some Polish U21 are also pretty bad and so what? Thanks to the system we find every year some talents like Zmarzlik, Pawlicki brothers, Przedpelski, Dudek and many more.

I'd suggest that the money on offer in Poland also helps attract young motorcycling talent than in other countries. Your 'sink or swim' policy is a harsh one but clearly some extremely good motorcyclists are coming through your system but the sport is far more high profile there and surely more attractive to such young talent than it is in other countries?

I don't think there's any doubt that as the money disappeared from British speedway the flow of talent dried up. There just wasn't the incentive to get involved unless you had a genuine passion for the sport - or wasn't after big money.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

So am i missing something here, now you have a 50 odd year old foreigner racing in a ftr position, bet hes laughing all the way to the bank.

Is anyone suprised he won the two Reserves races.

Junior

• Like 2

So am i missing something here, now you have a 50 odd year old foreigner racing in a ftr position, bet hes laughing all the way to the bank.

Junior

Yep, daft system, but hardly the fault of (as it happens 46-year-old) Karlsson.

• Like 1

Junior

PK will end up at 2or4 you can't knock wolves for working the system for short time and if you have read any of my posts on the FTR system I am not remotely a fan as IMO it is the epitome of idealism at best or just money saving take your pick.

Pk isn't just any foreigner who preys on the EL in an opportunist way or a GP rider filling the gaps in his calendar he has raced here for the best part of 25yrs ,so if he is able to pick up a few extra bob for his retirement fund I for one don't begrudge him a penny .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 5

Junior

I'll bet PK isn't riding for £50/60 FTR pay structure.Complete joke.

Bit sad. You'll have to find another hobby next year! :-)

Decent effort, better than expected but nothing to write home about. The team is what it is.

Depressing journey home. One more trip to Wolves remaining. Another meeting closer to ebeesxtinction.

I am hoping the Coventry Bees will still be racing next season and i am sure many Coventry fans love to see Poole get a thrashing although to be fair this wasn't easyfor Wolves by the sound of it
  • Like 1

PK will end up at 2or4 you can't knock wolves for working the system for short time and if you have read any of my posts on the FTR system I am not remotely a fan as IMO it is the epitome of idealism at best or just money saving take your pick.

Pk is just any foreigner who preys on the EL in an opportunist way or a GP rider filling the gaps in his calendar he has raced here for the best part of 25yrs ,so if he is able to pick up a few extra bob for his retirement fund I for one don't begrudge him a penny .

I don't blame wolves for working the system. Fair play to them. I just wish our management had the brains to do it. We have to be the worst in the league at it. Still stuck with the same lot we started with who weren't up to it then and still aren't. When will they ever wake up and see it..????

• Like 1

I'll bet PK isn't riding for £50/60 FTR pay structure.Complete joke.

FTR is and always has been a joke the system is complete nonsense !!!!

• Like 1

I am hoping the Coventry Bees will still be racing next season and i am sure many Coventry fans love to see Poole get a thrashing although to be fair this wasn't easyfor Wolves by the sound of it

Plus it was me that said it!! Lol. You just agreed :D