British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Glasgow Tigers Pl 9-6-16 7-30pm

Was close all the way through the meeting ultimately decided by 2 factors for me .

King off his game as he has been for much of the season (and why did we put him in ht15) also if we had some decent reserves we might have actually won .

By the way, the track was back to its old self again tonight with no grip to pass round the outside, try as amuch as Danny and Nico did on occasions there was nothing there that use!

Well done to Glasgow, the better team overall on the night !

Lawson found enough to go round barker in 13. From what I saw, if you were quick enough you could do it, inside or outside. Only my 2nd meeting of the season, reasonable night out, but will only go when nothing better to do.

Well done Glasgow - good and deserved win.

Lawsons best meeting at Foxhall to date and Worrall was sublime.

Witches just seem to be missing that 1% that makes the difference when it counts.

Decent meeting with some tough races but not any top drawer passes of note. Had to be content with making our own extra entertainment in the stands!

Enjoyed a pint with Paulco after - good to meet you fella.

Good luck to the Tigers tomorrow - hope you give those pussycats a mauling.

• Like 2

Was close all the way through the meeting ultimately decided by 2 factors for me .

King off his game as he has been for much of the season (and why did we put him in ht15) also if we had some decent reserves we might have actually won .

By the way, the track was back to its old self again tonight with no grip to pass round the outside, try as amuch as Danny and Nico did on occasions there was nothing there that use!

Well done to Glasgow, the better team overall on the night !

Starter for ten ,it was a great and exiting meeting ,good entertainment . The difference was Ritchie Worral end of . People criticise our reserves and yes few more points would be welcome but there was only one point between both sets of reserves tonight and nobody can say they didn't put the effort in ,well done Paco and Ollie for effort ,should think Greenwood must be black and blue tonight . Couple of points between the teams ,another night could of been the other way round . I say well done both teams for great entertainment ,keep it up Witches we are getting there .

The only teams I'd bet money on reaching the playoffs are Glasgow, Somerset, Sheffield and Newcastle. And I'm usually wrong. Wide open imo.

Wish I had been there tonight sounds a great one.

Why couldn't Worrall ride like that for us?

Scores were close, never more than 4 points in it (I think) but racing was boring.

• Like 1

Somehow not to disappointed that we'll be missing the Newcastle meeting.

The only teams I'd bet money on reaching the playoffs are Glasgow, Somerset, Sheffield and Newcastle. And I'm usually wrong. Wide open imo.

Wish I had been there tonight sounds a great one.

Do you know who Craig Cook is?

I love they way some people think it was a good exciting entertainemt and some think it was just okay. Captain pugwash seems very positive about things and thought it was great entertainment.

Great fun in our part of the stand tonight, shame some others didn't enjoy themselves and felt the need to move away from us

Starter for ten ,it was a great and exiting meeting ,good entertainment . The difference was Ritchie Worral end of . People criticise our reserves and yes few more points would be welcome but there was only one point between both sets of reserves tonight and nobody can say they didn't put the effort in ,well done Paco and Ollie for effort ,should think Greenwood must be black and blue tonight . Couple of points between the teams ,another night could of been the other way round . I say well done both teams for great entertainment ,keep it up Witches we are getting there .

How many more times are we going to lose a 1-5 in the reserves race it puts us on the back foot from the start. You say that there was only 1 point between the reserves but three of them was in heat 8 when Glasgow only had one rider finish. Paco really needs to learn to ride wider as when he is off gates 3 or 4 he lets the other riders enter the turn first and then cuts onto the white line at the back. He needs to be more aggressive as well and stop shutting off half way down the straights.

The track was back to normal tonight, nothing like Saturdays. Congrats to Glasgow and especially Richie Worrall who was a class above tonight. We really should've retained him last season, don't know why Chris didn't but every time he comes back he rides well.

This season is a write off already, can't see us getting any more points from the three away meetings before we're back at home in two weeks time.

How was the new vantage point Baldyman?

• Like 1

Do you know who Craig Cook is?

I think Glasgow supporters know Cookie better than you.

• Like 1

Oh I didn't like it much..such a strange place to watch speedway but probably brilliant for bangers, I will find out Saturday. I'm not sure bash but maybe the pugwash has something to do with ipswich speedway??? Or maybe a parent of a rider???

Edited by baldyman

How many more times are we going to lose a 1-5 in the reserves race it puts us on the back foot from the start. You say that there was only 1 point between the reserves but three of them was in heat 8 when Glasgow only had one rider finish. Paco really needs to learn to ride wider as when he is off gates 3 or 4 he lets the other riders enter the turn first and then cuts onto the white line at the back. He needs to be more aggressive as well and stop shutting off half way down the straights.

The track was back to normal tonight, nothing like Saturdays. Congrats to Glasgow and especially Richie Worrall who was a class above tonight. We really should've retained him last season, don't know why Chris didn't but every time he comes back he rides well.

This season is a write off already, can't see us getting any more points from the three away meetings before we're back at home in two weeks time.

How was the new vantage point Baldyman?

Heat eight started with four riders I believe ,you cannot criticise the others for finishing . Think Ritchie's involvement in the fans forum motivated him in to some form for next Monday .lol