British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Ipswich (pl) 10/6/16 @7.30pm

Yet again our reserves and Sarjeant let us down against the worst Edinburgh side I can remember we should have got closer. Fisher past his best and a weak link at 4 and we couldn't get close. Our reserves never get 10 between them on any track!

Branford is looking for a spot.

Junior

Yet again our reserves and Sarjeant let us down against the worst Edinburgh side I can remember we should have got closer. Fisher past his best and a weak link at 4 and we couldn't get close. Our reserves never get 10 between them on any track!

Why does everyone always blame reserves ??? There are 5 others and so called heat leaders in a team ..

• Like 1

Pretty solid night for most of the boys.

Sam was different class, Erik was very good also apart from his last ride, Kevin solid as always, Mark has the speed just needs to find something that works from the starts and will be fine, Night to forget for the Fish seemed to get slower as the night went on. Max was good also unlucky in his second ride with fall other than that solid. Young dan just seems to get better and better with each lap he does great watching him develop.

King was okay same applies for Barker. Risager hugged the white line all night for a solid return, Covatti deserved more than he got was great to watch giving it everything round the boards. Sarjeant (with his usual ride through the tapes) and the reserves were poor at best.

Overall it was a good meeting not a great deal of passing but good close racing.

Why does everyone always blame reserves ??? There are 5 others and so called heat leaders in a team ..

Easy target for impatient 'experts'.

• Like 3

because the others apart from Sarjeant did their job away from

home. Our 2 reserves this season have never managed 10 between them all season and I would say without looking that have probably only won 2 or 3 races. We never get a heat as advantage in the reserves races. If your reserves between them are getting only 7 at best your always going to be struggling

Easy target for impatient 'experts'.

not an easy target at all but check Ipswich results all season and tell me if you think the scores at home and away are good enough??

home. Our 2 reserves this season have never managed 10 between them all season and I would say without looking that have probably only won 2 or 3 races. We never get a heat as advantage in the reserves races. If your reserves between them are getting only 7 at best your always going to be struggling

not an easy target at all but check Ipswich results all season and tell me if you think the scores at home and away are good enough??

as I said look at your so called heat leaders 9,9 Edinburgh top 2 14,12 .pretty poor for so called big hitters.but suppose its easier to blame the reserves as usuall.

• Like 1

After reading stuff on here and seeing your results I actually thought your reserves looked much better than I was expecting. Greenwood was terrible in his first 2 but then settled down and got a good point in his next one and was unlucky in heat 8 when he clipped Dan as he chased him. Castagna battled hard including a pass in his first ride. Very few reserves will gets points against Monarchs top 4 at the dale this season. Seargant actually looked competitive and passed erik in ht1 before Danny fell. Can't afford to throw away 2 races though surely someone has to sort out his tapes offences, it's embarrassing.

As others have said though it was your top end guys that let you down last night, whilst they looked competitive and made very close interesting racing only 4 race winners all night tells the main story. When it came to the crunch in the last 4 races they couldn't get anywhere near Kev and Sam and with Max beating Risager in ht14 Ipswich got as many points as they deserved - zero

For the Monarchs

Sam was fantastic - paid maximum and great team riding his cut back on danny King in ht1 got us off to a flying start

Erik is now virtually a reliable heat leader, more good progress. Caught in no man's land in ht10 but a good night

Kev started slow in 2 tough races but finished like a train, it was his turn to fight off the opposition in ht15. Just needs to do it in all 5

Mark looked very good and solid was pleased he got a good point. Little bit rusty out the gate but that'll come and was good to see his brother do practice laps with him

Ryan is as tough and competitive as ever and talk of him being past it is premature. Lacks a bit of speed which cost him in ht13 but showed his mettle in rerun of ht7

Welcome back Max Clegg, we all know he has it in him and this is what we expect. Really unlucky in heat 7 when he lead for 2.5 laps against tough opposition should have got 2nd. Dusted himself down to beat Risager in 14

Dan keeps improving and gaining confidence race by race, starting to be very competitive in 1st turn and pressured seargant into mistake.

Things looking brighter for Monarchs, now onto Berwick and Scunny

• Like 1

as I said look at your so called heat leaders 9,9 Edinburgh top 2 14,12 .pretty poor for so called big hitters.but suppose its easier to blame the reserves as usuall.

At Ipswich your heat leaders outscored us by 5 points yet we still won

At Edinburgh your heat leaders outscored us by 7 and we get beat easily

Your top 3 is stronger than ours i would say. You lost at our place because your second strings and r/r did nothing.

Last night the riders at 2 and 4 in both teams scored the same.

Our reserves at home scored 8 and yours got 9

Last night your reserves got 11 and we got 5.

Our reserves were the reason

Something I forgot to mention last night that I thought was great to see was a class from a local school I believe up in hospitality last night on a school trip. I believe they got a tour of the pits pre meeting, got to see all the bikes, a visit up to the referees box and got to watch a few races from the centre green also.

Looked like they all had a great time, hopefully some return with their parents and become regulars.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

Your top 3 is stronger than ours i would say. You lost at our place because your second strings and r/r did nothing.

ok you win...give your self a gold star.

Something I forgot to mention last night that I thought was great to see was a class from Slovak school I believe up in hospitality last night on a school trip. I believe they got a tour of the pits pre meeting, got to see all the bikes, a visit up to the referees box and got to watch a few races from the centre green also.

Looked like they all had a great time, hopefully some return with their parents and become regulars.

Was great to see all the kids there and Ed the monarch was brilliant with them. I think the school was in Addiewell though no idea where you got Slovak from

Bonkers logic. The answer is in your post though

Your heat leaders outscored us by 7

Sorry, I must correct myself, a very easy target for the extremely impatient, loudmouthed 'experts'.

Sincere apologies for that omission. I forget that constantly dropping riders and combing the world for replacements is the formula for success, assuming of course you're trading in Monopoly money.

You have to give riders time. It's a rare occasion when a rider is an instant success. You're talking about less than half a season and points don't always tell the full story. Sometimes you have to look for more subtle clues regarding potential such as whether they tail off badly or whether their riding approach is correct and it's just a case of waiting for things to 'click'.

Over my (far too?) many years in speedway I've grown so tired of people with instant solutions for a problem, totally ignoring the fact that sometimes you have to work and show patience. Sometimes success has to be earned.

Of course some times you can spot a turkey straight off. I remember Len Silver throwing a young lad from America (Canada?) into a Hackney Hawks team at number 3. He was the new sensation. Timmy Joe Shepherd hardly lasted a lap.....

Ivan Mauger was a failure when he first came to Britain and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

Edited by rmc

Was great to see all the kids there and Ed the monarch was brilliant with them. I think the school was in Addiewell though no idea where you got Slovak from

Could of sworn I typed local see these phones and there auto correct.

• Like 2

Very hard on your team Gavan. This was a good meeting with some competitive racing and winners not winning by miles. You were still in with the chance of a point at ht 15. Your team tried hard to gain points but sadly for you, our "worst Edinburgh side" was the better "team" on the night

I was most pleased to see " the real Max" last night. I have a lot of time for this lad and IMO he has potential in bucket-loads. Put the "unfair start of the season" behind you Max and let everyone see the talent you definitely have

Edited by Gr8scot
  • Like 3