British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Should Ex Riders Get Into Speedway Free?

I think you are confusing employees of tracks with licensed officials. Why do yu think that announcers are licensed ?

erm...because they are?

• Like 1

erm...because they are?

So you've spent the last half hour trolling through this thread to find something to criticize. You must be a very sad man Leslie. And i only thought Gavin stooped that low. Although you didn't set off a volley of abuse, so i suppose that is a blessing..

• Like 1

So you've spent the last half hour trolling through this thread to find something to criticize.

I think you mean "trawling" through the thread. Trolling is something else, more familiar to you.

However I didn't have to trawl through anything. The forum automatically goes to my last read post on any topic. On this particular topic that was one page back. Now it may take you half an hour to read one page of posts (I can believe that), but for me it didn't.

Any more questions I can help you with? Maybe Jerran Hart's release date?

• Like 1

Probably not even a rider at all. Or is such a wobbler he daren't reveal his identity

Robert 72 , is Robert Jackson . used to have a second account called Jackson 2

And while we are on the subject . Yes ex riders (of a decent calibre and length of service ) should get in free . especailly while hobby photographers are swanning around with their tags dangling like they own the place . riders have given something to the sport and should be rewarded . photographers have given nothing in fact the exact opposite , At cardiff on saturday , there must have been 100 camera wielding hobbyists taking photos. can anyone tell me of the benefit to speedway of a single 1 of their photo's ?? didnt see any in the daily papers , nor being used as stills on news reports . so wheres the benefit ? while ex riders and promoters , people who have their own money on the line have to pay to get in .

• Like 5

And while we are on the subject . Yes ex riders (of a decent calibre and length of service ) should get in free . especailly while hobby photographers are swanning around with their tags dangling like they own the place . riders have given something to the sport and should be rewarded . photographers have given nothing in fact the exact opposite , At cardiff on saturday , there must have been 100 camera wielding hobbyists taking photos. can anyone tell me of the benefit to speedway of a single 1 of their photo's ?? didnt see any in the daily papers , nor being used as stills on news reports . so wheres the benefit ? while ex riders and promoters , people who have their own money on the line have to pay to get in .

Never heard of an ex-rider called Robert Jackson - strange that!

There was an article in the star last week about WRSA implementing an initiative that gives ex riders the choice of 3 types of membership - Gold, Silver & Bronze. Gold members will be permitted to attend speedway meetings free of charge if accompanied by a paying adult, and will also make themselves available for publicity purposes whilst at the meeting. Just need to have ridden in 25 league meetings to qualify for membership which seems fair enough.

Doesn't say what the cost of the membership is, or where any funds raised with go though.

Except of course that they are NOT hobbyists. They are British and foreign professional photographers who have to be vetted and issued with a pass to allow them to take photos for their chosen career.

Just another rant from you.

Never heard of an ex-rider called Robert Jackson - strange that!

There was an article in the star last week about WRSA implementing an initiative that gives ex riders the choice of 3 types of membership - Gold, Silver & Bronze. Gold members will be permitted to attend speedway meetings free of charge if accompanied by a paying adult, and will also make themselves available for publicity purposes whilst at the meeting. Just need to have ridden in 25 league meetings to qualify for membership which seems fair enough.

Doesn't say what the cost of the membership is, or where any funds raised with go though.

Membership of the W.S.R.A. is £25 a year, although senior riders are exempt dependant on age. :t: Fund are used to assist riders who have been badly injured or are in a wheelchair or have hit hard times.

• Like 1

Except of course that they are NOT hobbyists. They are British and foreign professional photographers who have to be vetted and issued with a pass to allow them to take photos for their chosen career.

Just another rant from you.

Is that right . well I'll give you just 2 examples of Hobbyists who were front and centre ,Dog tags dangling at Cardiff on Saturday , 1 of them is driving a lorry today delivering food to supermarkets , the other is a driving instructor , thats their chosen careers !1 . just another Know it all rant from you , but nothing new there is there

Membership of the W.S.R.A. is £25 a year, although senior riders are exempt dependant on age. :t: Fund are used to assist riders who have been badly injured or are in a wheelchair or have hit hard times.

I pressume with the Gold, Silver & Bronze packages, subs will be different for each then.

As it's WSRA, do they support riders globally or just UK based ones?

The only Robert Jackson that appears on the excellent speedway database is this one..

Rob Jackson

Born:

28.10.1944, Bradford, England

British Clubs:

Crewe (1969, 1970)

Berwick (1970)

Bradford (1970)

Year..Club..Meetings..Rides..Points..Bonus..Average..Maxima

1969..Crewe..2..4..2..0..2.00

1970..Crewe..8..23..24..5..5.04

1970..Berwick..1..4..6..0..6.00

1970..Bradford..1..2..1..0..2.00

Read more: http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/1486/rob-jackson#ixzz4EINb12Ff

When Jerran Hart is released will he get in free or will he have to PAY at the turnsyles like the rest of us?

• Like 2

No they shouldnt.

Its like me building an apartment block and expecting to be given one for free off the developers.

They made enough out of clubs over the years, pay your way or dont bother.