British Speedway Forum

Including that awful band outside the bar on the first bend.

Missus very much wants to go, but I'm not overly keen. Seems a long drawn out day, especially when you plan to stay sober and camping? Forget it!!

What? Surely one or the other, but not both!

What? Surely one or the other, but not both!

Absolutely detest camping. I'd rather sleep in the car than share a camp site with a load of drunks

• Like 1

So how many races in each event? And the only thing happening on the Saturday is the semi finals?

Quite looking forward to this, but going more in hope than expectation. Its a weekend away, which is always a bonus.

So how many races in each event? And the only thing happening on the Saturday is the semi finals?

SATURDAY, JULY 23

9am - East of England Showground gates open.

11am – Inter-club supporters’ football tournament.

Noon to 1.30pm – Riders’ village with representatives from all competing clubs.

4pm – Premier League Fours semi-finals.

8pm to midnight – Evening entertainment (tickets £5 to be purchased on the day. Maximum capacity 600).

SUNDAY, JULY 24

9am – East of England Showground gates open.

Noon – Individual meeting featuring two riders from all teams who fail to qualify for the Premier League Fours final.

4pm – Premier League Fours final.

WEEKEND ATTRACTIONS

Also available are . . .

• Fairground rides

• Speedway shopping market

• Junior motorcycle stunt team

• Vintage bike exhibition

• British speedway Under 16 youth team display

• Pop Idol's Jamie Tinkler

• Ex-rider 'talk in'

MEETING FORMAT Fans will be able to enjoy 72 heats of top class Premier League action featuring 52 riders on Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24.

12 teams will be split into three groups to do battle on the Saturday, with the top side from each group earning a place alongside hosts Peterborough in Sunday’s showpiece Grand Final.

In addition, the top two riders from each eliminated side will be entered into a 20-heat individual meeting on Sunday to ensure riders of every club will be in action on day two of the event.

With 36 heats of action on both Saturday and Sunday, the revamped Premier League Fours Spectacular Weekend is sure to be an unmissable event for speedway supporters.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

I'm guessing on Saturday it's 3 x Semi's 12 heats each = 36

On Sunday, assume it's a 20 heat Individual with a 16 heat 4's final to follow....

Still in two minds...the two hour wait between meets on the Sunday is putting me off at the min.....

• Like 1

I'm going just that I didn't want to get there to early or late. I would like to sit in the stand if possible, but I don't want to get too early if I can help it to just sit around for hours

Edited by baldyman

I'm going just that I didn't want to get there to early or late. I would like to sit in the stand if possible, but I don't want to get too early if I can help it to just sit around for hours

As I am camping over the weekend I intend to take a leaf out of the Germans holiday rule book and lay a towel over my seat in the stand......

• Like 2

Quite looking forward to this, but going more in hope than expectation. Its a weekend away, which is always a bonus.

So was I until I saw the Diamonds team!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

I'm looking forward to attending the Sunday session of this marathon of speedway. I'm going to take an overnight bag as I expect we'll probably be only getting around to the fourth re-run of heat 87 by 2am.

However, what excites me the most, is the opportunity to enjoy some superb speedway action whilst playing Pokemon Go in a great atmosphere.

• Like 2

I'd rather sleep in the car than share a camp site with a load of drunks

and 'pokemon',,, remember ;)

This is going to be a great weekend , canny wait

This is going to be a great weekend , canny wait

A bit like Cardiff, but with more drinking time. :D

Not sure how good my camping skills will be ;)

All the best

Rob