British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

It’s because you have selectively quoted part of a post…… I said his results against the top stars in the league give a better indicator of pace, can be on a small, middle sized or large track if you are beating the better riders it generally means you are going faster than them…

RE Harris performances the last 3 years in the GP, yes, he has raced in other GP’s and World Cups, neither King nor Nicholls have looked like achieving that or been interested in achieving that, that isn’t Harris’s fault or something that should be used against him. That’s what I meant earlier re selective judgment of Harris – he has been crap in the Grand Prix….yes, during that time King hasn’t been that great in the PL and Nicholls has been pretty mediocre in the EL.

Ok, I'll bite. If you don't be selective over a post and the parts within, how can you debate because all you'd do is say "I think he should" and you'd respond "I think he shouldn't" - wouldn't question time be even duller! So, your first poitn about Harris doing better in the BEL this year - I counter that with the opinion that there are more top stars riding in the Swedish Elite league, whom Nicholls is beating and that is a greater "indicator of pace" to me, using your criterion.

It is of course impossible to say how King or Nicholls would have fared in the GPs over the last 3 years because they haven't been in them - that's what evidence is all about!! I am using the evidence of their competition with "top stars" and at the track they'll be racing on. Simple really.

Ok, I'll bite. If you don't be selective over a post and the parts within, how can you debate because all you'd do is say "I think he should" and you'd respond "I think he shouldn't" - wouldn't question time be even duller! So, your first poitn about Harris doing better in the BEL this year - I counter that with the opinion that there are more top stars riding in the Swedish Elite league, whom Nicholls is beating and that is a greater "indicator of pace" to me, using your criterion.

It is of course impossible to say how King or Nicholls would have fared in the GPs over the last 3 years because they haven't been in them - that's what evidence is all about!! I am using the evidence of their competition with "top stars" and at the track they'll be racing on. Simple really.

Quite easily, by debating what people actually say, you’ve literally managed to do it in your post there re your point about Nicholls….

Re the second part, you are using how Harris performs in the GP as a barometer of his talent and form, you made reference to his Grand Prix performances, those performances are at the top level of the sport, it is something neither King nor Nicholls are anywhere near - that alone is an indication in where the riders sit.

A Danish fan for example wouldn’t want someone like Mads K to replace NKI because NKI hasn’t been that good in the GP this season, it doesn’t make Mads a better rider.

Edited by The Mockingjay

Bomber lambert cook king bates would be my choice but I feel rosco will go tai,bomber,lambert,king,ellis

Yes, there is the merest scintilla of a possibility that Tai might just squeeze into the manager's thoughts.

Yes, there is the merest scintilla of a possibility that Tai might just squeeze into the manager's thoughts.

That's the other worry a manager as weak as rosco in charge, much prefer middlo or Morton

That's the other worry a manager as weak as rosco in charge, much prefer middlo or Morton

I dont think for one second even if midlo or morton was involved that Tai would be left out of the team..

he is by far the most experienced and heavy scoring of any GB rider.

Middlo had a great team for years and did nish with it. Nothing personal thats just a fact.

Because neither of those would give Woffinden a passing glance, would they?

• Like 1

Quite easily, by debating what people actually say, you’ve literally managed to do it in your post there re your point about Nicholls….

Re the second part, you are using how Harris performs in the GP as a barometer of his talent and form, you made reference to his Grand Prix performances, those performances are at the top level of the sport, it is something neither King nor Nicholls are anywhere near - that alone is an indication in where the riders sit.

A Danish fan for example wouldn’t want someone like Mads K to replace NKI because NKI hasn’t been that good in the GP this season, it doesn’t make Mads a better rider.

I am not saying who is a better rider, I am saying that this is the evidence in 2016 - that's it. You are using conjecture by assuming that because a rider is not in a competition, that they are not "anywhere near" that level.

Evidence I've see this year:

Harris - Doing ok in BEL, Poor in Poland Nice Liga, Poor in GP qualifier, Poor in 3 GPs, Good in one GP (directly beat 6 of the 15 riders), Poor at Belle Vue

Nicholls - Doing ok in BEL, doing ok in Swedish Elite, doing ok in Poland Nice Liga, doing ok at Belle Vue, incl. British Final

King - Doing ok recently in BEL/PL, Poor in GP qualifiers, doing ok at Belle Vue - British Champion

That's it, no bias or assumption.

Edited by SPEEDY69

I am not saying who is a better rider, I am saying that this is the evidence in 2016 - that's it. You are using conjecture by assuming that because a rider is not in a competition, that they are not "anywhere near" that level.

Evidence I've see this year:

Harris - Doing ok in BEL, Poor in Poland Nice Liga, Poor in GP qualifier, Poor in 3 GPs, Good in one GP (directly beat 6 of the 15 riders), Poor at Belle Vue

Nicholls - Doing ok in BEL, doing ok in Swedish Elite, doing ok in Poland Nice Liga, doing ok at Belle Vue, incl. British Final

King - Doing ok recently in BEL/PL, Poor in GP qualifiers, doing ok at Belle Vue - British Champion

That's it, no bias or assumption.

That all looks good until you look at their recent record at international level. Harris= second only to Woffinden. King= out of his depth. Nicholls= reasonable commentator.

After having a think about it has to be bomber for me. King would be out of his depth at this level and scotty made himself unavailable for about 3 years so rosco should show some loyalty

After having a think about it has to be bomber for me. King would be out of his depth at this level and scotty made himself unavailable for about 3 years so rosco should show some loyalty

Nicholls being unavailable for 3 year has nothing to do with 2016. The reasons he didn't ride were valid and he wasn't the only one as Lee Richardson also gave up Team GB.

What edges Nicholls over Harris is the fact that he's still racing in Poland & Sweden on a weekly basis scoring decent points & Belle Vue is his home track.

Harris has been garbage everywhere except for riding for Coventry

Good point.

Bomber might have a good Cardiff after a good Prague ? Still one month to go. I hope Rosco will hold practise at BV to aid picking his main four. Toss a coin for the Res.

Edited by marky

I sincerely hope we don't come stone last after all this debate.

now that is very possible. :oops::shock::drink:

Bomber lambert cook king bates would be my choice but I feel rosco will go tai,bomber,lambert,king,ellis

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: That is all.

Rosco weak? Once again your lack of knowledge about speedway shines brightly. I haven't got the energy or inclination to say anything further as I know you'll just retort with more guff.

Edited by chris4gillian

The fact people want a rider whos struggled to average 8 in the PL as well as being considerably lower than Harris in covs averages, over Harris who has just finished 3rd in a GP, is baffling.

So what if King won the british final, a one off meeting on a rain affected track. Harris is a much better all round rider and is notorious for pulling out good performances for team GB.

Harris has to be in there, if your going to have the attitude of who cares we will be 4th anyway, you may as well field lambert, r worrall, s worrall, ellis and bates!!!!

Woffy harris lambert cook. Or maybe nicholls for cook. Harris has to be in there.