British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

Last night I think Russia only had a 4 man team - no reserve, so no under 21 travelled.

Think you would have some boring races if you put an under 21 into the team - not all under 21's are like Znarzlik was.

• Like 1

Reasonably content with team, think Steve Worrall unlucky to miss out. King would be a better captain but I'll be hpoing they do well on Sat and that the weather doesn't intervene.

• Like 1

Last night I think Russia only had a 4 man team - no reserve, so no under 21 travelled.

Think you would have some boring races if you put an under 21 into the team - not all under 21's are like Znarzlik waT

Their under 21 rider was Viktor Kulakov. He had 3 rides in place of the absent Laguta (who they chose not to replace).

• Like 1

Absolutely they are and I have no problem with anyones view that's different to mine. But there's no need for abusive posts. I read some of the crap on the woofy thread and it was a bad case of bullying and in the end Gavan was rightly suspended. Certainly Robert72 doesn't know how to leave it but attacking posters in such a way is unacceptable.

So please tell us all what you called Gavan on the Poole v Coventry thread a few days ago...? Double standards.

So please tell us all what you called Gavan on the Poole v Coventry thread a few days ago...? Double standards.

Gavan, Bwitcher and you its constant name calling to posters not a one off like your saying about SS

Well time that they started to look at thing with some new ideas, promote the sport, this is something that is sadly laking.

They should have adverts for the World Cup on all the main TV channels and in all the main newspapers to let paople know that we have a British Speedway team, and we also still have local speedway clubs.

Get some big sponsers to pay for them to get the loads together and get the word out about Speeday not only about the British team but Speedway in general.

I doubt very much if it gets more than a couple of lines in one of the local rags.

Yep, they definitely should be paying tens of thousands to advertise this sold out event on TV...next time I need a marketing guru I know who to contact.

Good idea about getting some big sponsors though, wonder why they haven't thought if that...

Right team picked IMHO. If lambert cook and king get 5 a piece I think they have done a solid job. Then really need woffy to score close to 20. 35 points would likely be enough for 2nd?

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

Yep, they definitely should be paying tens of thousands to advertise this sold out event on TV...next time I need a marketing guru I know who to contact.

Good idea about getting some big sponsors though, wonder why they haven't thought if that...

Right team picked IMHO. If lambert cook and king get 5 a piece I think they have done a solid job. Then really need woffy to score close to 20. 35 points would likely be enough for 2nd?

34 points won it last year. Like to think Lambert can give decent backing to Tai and Cook and King get around 5. Tai will certainly get 6 rides, need big points from him.

Cook is capable of 8 or 9 if he and his team make the correct set up choices but I wouldn't look any further than Poland for the top rostrum place.Team GB 2nd would be a great achievement IMHO

I can see GB second if Aussie/Denmark/Sweden/Russia dont dial in to the track. Of course Fricke has the track experience and can pass that knowledge on to his team mates.

Its going to be closely fought out on Saturday, and Friday for that matter.

Bate or Ellis, 12 months ago was Bates but this season Ellis has been pretty good. Even scored a few points as a heat leader. TBH, it's irrelevant as I hope nobody get injured so they won't get a ride and both should be there in the pits.

As for Garrity, well for the 4th rider we have to pick from Harris, Nicholls, Worrall, Garrity, King sort of riders. Harris and Nicholls are yesterdays men, in fact Nicholls never did it when he was at his best, he was often crap in the SWC. Harris no longer does it outside of the EL and he can't get around the NSS in the EL. You're left with King, Worrall and Garrity. King again has had a few chances, never done it and we're picking him off the back of one meeting really. So you're down to Worrall or Garrity. Nowt between them but Garrity is almost 3 years younger and in the recent BV/Coventry meeting was better than Worrall - Worrall beat draft riders while Garrity beat (form the back) Cook and Nicholls. I just don't rate Worrall that high, he's ok but he'll never amount to much, Garrity could if he calms down and make a few changes.

Who would you have as the 4th man?

Worrall watched him at Swindon for a whole season he did well but he never really impressed me.This year he really has come on nicely nearly a nine point man in the PL i watched him at the Abbey on thursday he really was quick he looked far better than Cook along with Thorssell and Nilsson three riders that have all improved this year.https://mobile.twitter.com/Nigel_Faref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor Edited by Sidney the robin

I can see GB second if Aussie/Denmark/Sweden/Russia dont dial in to the track. Of course Fricke has the track experience and can pass that knowledge on to his team mates.

Sorry, but I do feel 4th. is what we will achieve...3rd. if luck goes our way.

It gives me no pleasure to say it mind...the winning GB teams of yesteryear are now a distant memory.

• Like 1

I think the Aussie team manager might be able to help them a bit with set ups.

• Like 1

Mates with Middlo maybe that is something to do with it a small part anyway.

One of the dumbest posts on here, and let's face it, there's stiff competition.

• Like 2