British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces, Sat 18th June @ 19:30

Referee Jim Lawrence excluded Craig Cook at Poole after 2 'moving starts' on sky, then at Belle Vue few weeks ago he did the same with Steve Worrall, last night Garrity moved 3 times and he did nothing!

Referee Jim Lawrence excluded Craig Cook at Poole after 2 'moving starts' on sky, then at Belle Vue few weeks ago he did the same with Steve Worrall, last night Garrity moved 3 times and he did nothing!

You never hear the words Jim Lawrence & consistency in the same sentence.

are they dropping back to prem then? because 2017 elite is 1 racenight and that is not Saturday

Working on the piece by Peter Oakes in the Star about the plans to run one league with two divisions of 10-12 teams with promotion and relegation and six man teams plus a further reduction in team strengths it would cast strong doubt on there even being an Elite League in 2017.

Well they may have gone Fri night but I seem to remember your lot protesting because they share a fan base but when they track share someone will have to move leagues as 1 league 1 night 1 track 2 teams don't equate

If the Bees share a track with Leicester I'll eat your rose tinted specs , bees are finished so you can have any day you like . I personally think the elite league is finished as well

Working on the piece by Peter Oakes in the Star about the plans to run one league with two divisions of 10-12 teams with promotion and relegation and six man teams plus a further reduction in team strengths it would cast strong doubt on there even being an Elite League in 2017.

We've been down this route before . I know it's what a lot of fans would like to see . and I would be all for it myself if it were not for the BSPA's track record of sacrificing weaker clubs who are just about keeping themselves afloat in the current premier league to ensure the future of a few of the chosen ..

• Like 1

They don't have victory parades........I thought they went out with the ark?

Why not? They still have them at Coventry and so they should whoever wins the match.

If there is an MDL match, as there was last night, they always run 2 heats of that straight after heat 15, then do interviews with team managers, riders etc. , but I don't know whether that consists of a victory parade as well, as I disappear after heat 15. That as been the procedure this season, not sure if they have a victory parade if Lions win, I can't remember that far back!

A better idea would be to have the victory parade immediately after the match, whoever has won, but especially if it's the visiting team when their fans are probably wanting to set off home and aren't really interested in Norrie Allan's views or watching the youngsters.

are they dropping back to prem then? because 2017 elite is 1 racenight and that is not Saturday

I hope they're not going ahead with that stupid idea of one race night thinking it will entice the top riders back. All it will mean is they will have to think of a different excuse not to ride in the UK.

• Like 1

Why not? They still have them at Coventry and so they should whoever wins the match.

A better idea would be to have the victory parade immediately after the match, whoever has won, but especially if it's the visiting team when their fans are probably wanting to set off home and aren't really interested in Norrie Allan's views or watching the youngsters.

I hope they're not going ahead with that stupid idea of one race night thinking it will entice the top riders back. All it will mean is they will have to think of a different excuse not to ride in the UK.

Well, with Poland now using Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, that leaves Sweden, Denmark, UK to fight over the remaining 4 days. I'm sure Sweden use 2 and Denmark use at least 1, not a lot left for UK is there....?

• Like 1

Yep, proper sore loosers from Leicester speedway and disgraceful for not giving us a victory parade. I've lost all respect for their promotion now.

Well done belle vue for sticking it up them.

Maybe the riders didn't want to do a victory parade for the BV fans, Swindon did one the week before even the too injured to ride tungate went round on the parade.

So maybe look at your riders first unless you have proof it was Leicester.

Why not save time and have the victory parade before the match starts, or during the interval?

• Like 1

Why not save time and have the victory parade before the match starts, or during the interval?

Genius!

Unless they have changed things this year, they alway came out to be introduced to the fans before the meeting statrted. Not been able to get there yet this year due to illness, was coming on Saturday, even told the grandson we where going, then it all went pear shaped and we never got the again, soon I hope to be back fit and well enough to get there, the way things are going though, the season will be over before I even manage to be able to drive there.

Unless they have changed things this year, they always came out to be introduced to the fans before the meeting started.

Yes, that still happens. Also another idea I liked was sending the winning rider round on a victory lap with a Lions flag. Perhaps they should try that at Coventry to encourage a bit more interaction with the fans instead of them heading straight back to the pits. Shove a flag in their hand and make them do a lap with it. :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, that still happens. Also another idea I liked was sending the winning rider round on a victory lap with a Lions flag. Perhaps they should try that at Coventry to encourage a bit more interaction with the fans instead of them heading straight back to the pits. Shove a flag in their hand and make them do a lap with it. :lol:

Passing them flags to the Lions race winning, moving and adrenaline fuelled riders is easier said than done!!

Just saying....😃

• Like 1

Well, they seemed to manage it okay. :lol: I thought it was a good idea and more tracks should do the same thing.

Well, they seemed to manage it okay. :lol: I thought it was a good idea and more tracks should do the same thing.

Yes, I did manage it ok!!

The flags a quite heavy, and probably not good to hang on to or grab if you've got "arm pump" I am going to see if I can find some lighter sticks for the flags, perhaps a bit of poly pipe, rather than broom handle....

Also, the riders can only accept the flags in their left hands, the right hands are throttle bound and attached to the cut-outs...

Dont think they should send the winner round with a Lions flag at Coventry, dont think it'd go down too well

• Like 1