British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Plymouth 17/6/16 @7.30pm.

Slightly different devils line up compared to when they were up previously. Brady Kurtz now at number 1 for the Devils. A change at reserve also with stefan Nielsen on EL duty they've drafted in victor palovaara who was unbeaten from his 4 programmed rides on his last visit.

Edinburgh at full strength for this one with the only change being the riding order with mark going to 2, fish to 4, Erik to 3 and Kevin to 5.

Can see the Devils sneaking a win tomorrow night with palovaara being the match winner at reserve.

Teams for Friday:

Edinburgh

1. Sam Masters

2. Mark Riss

3. Erik Riss

4. Ryan Fisher

5. Kevin Wolbert

6. Max Clegg

7. Dan Bewley

Plymouth

1. Brady Kurtz

2. Todd Kurtz

3. Sam Simota

4. Kyle Newman

5. Jack Holder

6. Victor Palovaara (G)

7. Ellis Perks

Edited by Mr Blobby

Safe bet for a Plymouth win with Pavlova in at reserve.

Not particularly related to this match but I find the concept of bringing in a guest that is stronger than the missing rider is totally skewed.

If you are missing a rider you should be weaker not stronger.

Safe bet for a Plymouth win with Pavlova in at reserve.

Not particularly related to this match but I find the concept of bringing in a guest that is stronger than the missing rider is totally skewed.

If you are missing a rider you should be weaker not stronger.

Yet another of the anomalies of our sport, ultimately it is the whole guest system which is the problem, sadly due to nature of the sport teams can't bring in their own reserves as in football, cricket, rugby etc etc - although for an oldie like me that is how the old div 2 was set up way back in 1968, but then you had a second half with 5, 6, 7 or more young juniors, all fighting to get a chance in the team - Aah the good old days :drink:.

The only potential way to solve stronger guest is to start to use an average for a rider at each specific track and then only allow a lesser averaged rider (at that track) to replace - Good Luck getting anyone to agree, or administer, that! ;)

• Like 1

Will be through for this given it's a blank weekend for the legendary tigers. Should be a cracking meeting as Plymouth are a strong side... but 48-42

Plymouth lineup, with Newman returning for this League match at the Dale, plus the highly impressive Palovaara as guest reserve, must make the Devils favourite to win this one.

Mark Riss will take time to settle in and I cannot see him scoring much against such strong opposition and hopefully Fisher's bikes are faster than they appeared to be last week, otherwise we could suffer a real gubbing.

Je theres some tosh spouted so far.(no offence meant fellas)

Monarchs top 4 will score 40 and Clegg will get enough for the win.

Bewley and the lesser Riss just the cherry on top.

• Like 1

Will be happy with a point our lads dont like the track

Edited by lewy

My money's on a Monarchs win, just hope the rain stays away

My money's on a Monarchs win, just hope the rain stays away

With thanks to Gr8scot:

My money's on the rain. Just hope for a point if it goes ahead

The forcast for this meeting as i understand it is very poor, it would be nice if any Edinburgh fans who are in the vacinity of the club tomorrow would keep everybody posted re the weather..

Dry, but the forecast isn't any better looks like may be HEAVY rain this afternoon.

Thanks

i can see a shock defeat here . m/bra carrying a few non producers in the team , while plymouth are a great looking team at the moment . palovara an ace in the pack at reserve for the divils .