British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Mildenhall -v- Cradley Off

If you agree or not about this, any chance of a challenge match towards the end of the season as a good well jesture ? This is a development league ( :D ) & track time has been lost for both setts of riders?

There are many decisions made by the Speedway Control Board in regard to disciplinary matters that lead to BSF criticism. But in this case I feel that have reached a verdict that should gain much merit: they have possibly viewed the offence in regard to the status of both the offending club and the competition in which it competes - it was hardly 'big time speedway'. And also the lead offender Kevin Jolly after taking the action that created the problem made efforts - without success - to withdraw his action.

In other sports the competition and clubs - National League, Mildenhall and Cradley would merit no more than junior status and dealt with bearing that mindset. The Control Board in its wisdom have seemingly also followed that route and arrived at a just conclusion.

Are you on drugs? It's absolute BS.

• Like 1

Kevin Jolly and Mildenhall Speedway must be pretty pleased with that outcome. No consistency whatsoever.

There are many decisions made by the Speedway Control Board in regard to disciplinary matters that lead to BSF criticism. But in this case I feel that have reached a verdict that should gain much merit: they have possibly viewed the offence in regard to the status of both the offending club and the competition in which it competes - it was hardly 'big time speedway'. And also the lead offender Kevin Jolly after taking the action that created the problem made efforts - without success - to withdraw his action.

In other sports the competition and clubs - National League, Mildenhall and Cradley would merit no more than junior status and dealt with bearing that mindset. The Control Board in its wisdom have seemingly also followed that route and arrived at a just conclusion.

Are you on drugs? It's absolute BS.

Far from it. This is a carefully thought out response on the situation - not like most of the knee-jerk comments being made elsewhere in this thread. Read my comment again - think carefully as to what I say. Then you will get the full meaning of my message.

I fully respect your right to criticise the opinion that I have expressed but have failed to do so. But I object most fully in regard to the assertion in regard to my possible lifestyle which is without both merit or foundation. 'Nuff said!

Edited by Guest

Wow what a load of crap then, why not fine Jolly which we must all agree on as he was the person who called the meeting off. Which they have done well done that's makes sense.

Don't award any points and let the match be rerun. Mildenhall riders will earn money so will the Cradley riders so they are winners what ever the outcome of the meeting.

It's not fair on teams trying to get to the playoffs for Cradley to be awarded 4 points.

Jolly would have rent and paramedics to pay so his cost of a mistake and a fine greater than the £250 but the real losers are the other members of the league.

Peter Morrish and CVS are all linked together and CVS is promoter of Cradley and they are awarded 4 points with a better chance of promotion to the play offs more money in the pockets of those who deserve to get there. (by winning not being gifted points)

Would not happen in the Pl or El what a joke. Buster chapman is really sorting speedway out this is the biggest mistake that effects the league.

Corruption, or stupidity seems to come to mind as even us supporters agree the outcome is wrong.

Get to grips and rerun the meeting don't let meetings be decided round a table eating lunch.

Edited by mrscambelt
  • Like 1

According to Cradley they have not been made aware of any decision/outcome of the investigation by the SCB, which seems very strange

The League Table still hasn't changed on the BSPA website as far as I can see.

Yep, but I thought it would distract attention from how daft the decision is and nobody will have any time to appeal as they will spend the next 12 pages having the usual go at us.

Cunning eh?

;)

cunning enough to be one of baldricks plans :t:

this decision wouldn't have anything to do with the sponsor of the league having such a close involvement with mildenhall at all.

The Mildenhall v Cradley match was called off early in the day. There was time to prevent riders and club officials travelling.

The call off was general knowledge on both Facebook and the BSF by mid-morning, so again many supporters were aware of the fact.

In all the comments made about the cancellations, so far I have not seen any mention of a supporter/supporters who wrongly traveled to the match.

In REAL TERMS the cancellation was called within a reasonable time period similar to that when bona fide fixtures are called off. Again, not a real problem as I see it.

Supporters may have been annoyed that a fixture was wrongly called off but at the end of the day nobody appears to have been badly inconvenienced?

Far from it. This is a carefully thought out response on the situation - not like most of the knee-jerk comments being made elsewhere in this thread. Read my comment again - think carefully as to what I say. Then you will get the full meaning of my message.

I fully respect your right to criticise the opinion that I have expressed but have failed to do so. But I object most fully in regard to the assertion in regard to my possible lifestyle which is without both merit or foundation. 'Nuff said!

This is a poor decision. In truth, its very poor.

Kevin Jolly and, through him, Mildenhall should be subject to redress but in no way should Cradley benefit from that.

In fact, what has happened is that Mildenhall have been punished but Cradley (without a point away in the league) have gained 4 points from a meeting that its entirely possible that they would have not got anything from. That benefits Cradley for no reason whatsoever and, worse, puts all the other clubs at a disadvantage. That, to me, is most difficult to justify.

As has been pointed out, a 3 point deduction from Mildenhall and the re-running of the meeting would be far more appropriate.

Kevin Jolly has been fined £250, suspended for a year so he may actually pay nothing at all. David Hemsley has been fined £9,000 and his promoters licence suspended. Even allowing for all the circumstances, Jolly's previous good record and the fact that he tried to make amends and clearly regrets what he has done, I'd say the huge difference between the two is also difficult to justify.

• Like 2

This is a poor decision. In truth, its very poor.

Kevin Jolly and, through him, Mildenhall should be subject to redress but in no way should Cradley benefit from that.

In fact, what has happened is that Mildenhall have been punished but Cradley (without a point away in the league) have gained 4 points from a meeting that its entirely possible that they would have not got anything from. That benefits Cradley for no reason whatsoever and, worse, puts all the other clubs at a disadvantage. That, to me, is most difficult to justify.

As has been pointed out, a 3 point deduction from Mildenhall and the re-running of the meeting would be far more appropriate.

Kevin Jolly has been fined £250, suspended for a year so he may actually pay nothing at all. David Hemsley has been fined £9,000 and his promoters licence suspended. Even allowing for all the circumstances, Jolly's previous good record and the fact that he tried to make amends and clearly regrets what he has done, I'd say the huge difference between the two is also difficult to justify.

I take on board all that you say Halifaxtiger but at the end of the day the Mildenhall v Cradley cancellation really affected nobody. Just annoyed some people - a big difference.

You raise another matter in regard to David Hemsley and Leicester - I have no views on that having no knowledge of what transpired. At the end of the day, however, if David Hemsley refuses/declines to pay the fine there is little the speedway authorities can do as I see it other than a suspension until it is paid.

Indeed, I would suggest that if you wish to stimulate comment in that matter you will get a better response from the BSF section where Leicester speedway matters are discussed than in the BSF National League section. Or has it been raised there?- I vert rarely visit the PL section in this group.

I take on board all that you say Halifaxtiger but at the end of the day the Mildenhall v Cradley cancellation really affected nobody. Just annoyed some people - a big difference.

You raise another matter in regard to David Hemsley and Leicester - I have no views on that having no knowledge of what transpired. At the end of the day, however, if David Hemsley refuses/declines to pay the fine there is little the speedway authorities can do as I see it other than a suspension until it is paid.

Indeed, I would suggest that if you wish to stimulate comment in that matter you will get a better response from the BSF section where Leicester speedway matters are discussed than in the BSF National League section. Or has it been raised there?- I vert rarely visit the PL section in this group.

People have posted in this topic that they made the journey only to find out it was off when they got there. I would say they were affected. The riders who didn'tbget a pay day were affected as well. The onus shouldn't be in the fan to have to check Facebook or the BSF before leaving home on a day where there were no weather issues. No wonder people stay at home. The small and suspended fine just shows the importance (lack of) that the authorities place on the supporters.

In would think that David Hemsley is delighted with this decision. It can only help him in his appeal against the huge fine imposed on him.

Edited by AlanF

People have posted in this topic that they made the journey only to find out it was off when they got there. I would say they were affected. The riders who didn'tbget a pay day were affected as well. The onus shouldn't be in the fan to have to check Facebook or the BSF before leaving home on a day where there were no weather issues. No wonder people stay at home. The small and suspended fine just shows the importance (lack of) that the authorities place on the supporters.

I am sorry that some people were affected by the postponement decision. I made my comment because I had not seen any such comments in previous Posts in this topic and TBH still cannot. But if they are there, my sympathy to them.

Over the years I also turned up at tracks to find that meetings had been postponed. It was annoying but I accepted the happening as being part-and-parcel of what happens when one follows an outdoor sport.

Edited by Guest

I am sorry that some people were affected by the postponement decision. I made my comment because I had not seen any such comments in previous Posts in this topic and TBH still cannot. But if they are there, my sympathy to them.

Over the years I also turned up at tracks to find that meetings had been postponed. It was annoying but I accepted the happening as being part-and-parcel of what happens when one follows an outdoor sport.

But the circumstances were such that this match would have been called off even if it was indoors!!!

But the circumstances were such that this match would have been called off even if it was indoors!!!

That's not the point I am debating arnieg - I asked where the comments were in this thread where people had travelled to Mildenhall then found the meeting had been called off. Can you point one or two out for me please?

Edited by Guest