British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Mildenhall -v- Cradley Off

I suppose mildenhall's 'punishment' is the loss of an attractive fixture with revenue to club and riders...+ any chance of the play-off s of course

Whereas every other innocent club is punished by Cradley being given a bonus 4 points start to the league.

It would have been much fairer for Mildenhall to have been deducted 3 points, ordered the meeting to be rerun with admission at half price.

• Like 6

ABSOLUTE FARCE, this sort of decision does nobody any good.

• Like 2

Stop picking on us. We never asked the BSPA for the points.

I'm certainly not picking on your club 'pete cc'. Cradley didn't cancel the meeting and deprive your riders of a pay packet, but gifting you 4-points is the wrong decision, and I'm sure you'd agree with that.

Mildenhall should have been deducted points, and maybe a reduced admission given for the restaging (which of course won't happen now) of the meeting. This would help compensate the many people (so I'm told) that arrived, completely unaware of the situation. Speedway must get it in it's head, that not everybody uses social media for varying reasons.

I think every club in the league should unite and appeal over this crazy, crazy decision. It doesn't matter what way you look at it, it's not fair on anybody.

It's on Mildenhall's Facebook page and a copy was posted on the National League Only page.

Mildenhall comment:

http://www.mildenhallfentigers.co

Club Statement
Wednesday, 29 June 2016 19:28

Following the call off of their home National League meeting versus Cradley on Sunday 19th June, Mildenhall Speedway were called in front of the Speedway Control Board Disciplinary committee yesterday to respond to the charges brought against them

After hearing the evidence submitted by all parties involved the committee took the decision to award the meeting to Cradley and to fine Mildenhall promoter Kevin Jolly £250.00. The fine has been suspended until the end of next season.

With Kevin Jolly currently out of the country the club were represented by Club Advisor James Easter who spoke after the hearing, he said “It was an extremely fair hearing and I would like to thank the Speedway Control Board for listening to our case and for their understanding. The club fully accept the decisions taken by the Disciplinary committee and now will focus on moving forward for the good of Mildenhall speedway and the sport in general.

We have lots of points to play for starting this evening at Birmingham and we still have designs on a play off place come September. I would like to thank our supporters, riders, sponsors, race day officials and all the wonderful people who have been so supportive and understanding during a difficult few days, and would like to ensure them all that the club will now be working hard to restore their faith in Mildenhall speedway”.

Edited by Guest

pathetic decision all round agree totally with greyhoundp

Mildenhall comment:

http://www.mildenhallfentigers.co

Club Statement
Wednesday, 29 June 2016 19:28

Following the call off of their home National League meeting versus Cradley on Sunday 19th June, Mildenhall Speedway were called in front of the Speedway Control Board Disciplinary committee yesterday to respond to the charges brought against them

After hearing the evidence submitted by all parties involved the committee took the decision to award the meeting to Cradley and to fine Mildenhall promoter Kevin Jolly £250.00. The fine has been suspended until the end of next season.

With Kevin Jolly currently out of the country the club were represented by Club Advisor James Easter who spoke after the hearing, he said “It was an extremely fair hearing and I would like to thank the Speedway Control Board for listening to our case and for their understanding. The club fully accept the decisions taken by the Disciplinary committee and now will focus on moving forward for the good of Mildenhall speedway and the sport in general.

We have lots of points to play for starting this evening at Birmingham and we still have designs on a play off place come September. I would like to thank our supporters, riders, sponsors, race day officials and all the wonderful people who have been so supportive and understanding during a difficult few days, and would like to ensure them all that the club will now be working hard to restore their faith in Mildenhall speedway”.

There are many decisions made by the Speedway Control Board in regard to disciplinary matters that lead to BSF criticism. But in this case I feel that have reached a verdict that should gain much merit: they have possibly viewed the offence in regard to the status of both the offending club and the competition in which it competes - it was hardly 'big time speedway'. And also the lead offender Kevin Jolly after taking the action that created the problem made efforts - without success - to withdraw his action.

In other sports the competition and clubs - National League, Mildenhall and Cradley would merit no more than junior status and dealt with bearing that mindset. The Control Board in its wisdom have seemingly also followed that route and arrived at a just conclusion.

I agree with the majority of comments and find it quite bizarre that we have been awarded the points. As everyone says that penalises every other team in the League and it is unfair.

That said, I am mindful of the fact that we have our hard earned 'win at all costs' reputation to uphold so "Woooohhhhhhooooo!!"

(Please don't take that seriously.)

• Like 1

Yep, but I thought it would distract attention from how daft the decision is and nobody will have any time to appeal as they will spend the next 12 pages having the usual go at us.

Cunning eh?

;)

Edited by Ommer Mon

It just shows how crazy and vindictive the Belle Vue decision was a few years back though we kind of knew that anyway when other clubs where allowed to get away with the same thing scot free.

It's incredible but somehow gratifying the level the powers that be will go to to stick it to Belle Vue.

As for awarding Cradley the points, well you just need to study the table to see who they leapfrog.

LOL.

Total farce.

Why can't the SCB show a bit of consistency?

Mildenhall should be docked 3 points and the match still run. Then if Cradley win they get whatever points they've won, if Mildenhall win, the points are cancelled out by the deduction.

Just by gifting Cradley points means that every other team in the league are being punished the same as Mildenhall. Farce,

Consistency isn't one of their strong points. In fact, its pretty non existent.

I agree with your conclusion, too. Awarding Cradley the points penalises not just Mildenhall but every team in the league.

I'd also say a £250 fine suspended to the end of next season is lenient to say the least given what happened, and I am a fan of Kevin Jolly.

For me a sensible punishment and fairer to all would be to deduct 3 points from Mildenhall.

Allow all Cradley fans in for free in the rerun. Then all of the (Profit) left after the riders are paid gets donated to the Ben Fund.

My feeling is you can't punish 11 clubs for 1 man's actions. That said if the current ruling stands I think rather then any fine instead Jolly should have to pay the riders 20 quid a point for thier average score as a good will jesture.

• Like 1