British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Peterborough Vs Plymouth, 21/06/2016

Why put Brady in 15 and not Todd

Meeting well over! Brady probably asked for it to try and get his bikes sorted

Why put Brady in 15 and not Todd

Todd was hobbling about in the pits after his last race, so presumably he turned it down

Good all round performance, & Plymouth rode better than the scoreline suggests. Hope Kyle is ok, just inexperience from Holub, no malice intended.

• Like 3

Any fans want to hang out at this meeting; I never like sitting alone in the Grandstand.

:D

first visit to the Showground since the Panthers broke the Bulldogs hearts a decade ago! Really enjoyable evening, well looked after in hospitality by Mr Lambert snr and his team, caught up with a couple of old pals in Ulrich Ostergaard and Sam Simota and I thought the racing was good on a well prepared track.

Nasty crash between Holub and Kyle Newman, thought that Holub's move was a bit rash, he hung Newman out on the first bend and after Newman passed him fair and square, the Czech lad's move into the last bend was always likely to end in disaster!

Having said I liked racing style in his other heats. Boro have a very strong side, very impressed with Simon Lambert and after poor first ride Cook wasn't really trouble. Caught up with Ulrich pre-meeting for bit to eat, he bought along Emil Grondal with him, what a nice lad. Very level headed with a good attitude.

For Plymouth impressed with Todd Kurtz, Shame that Newman was hurt and that Holder and Brady Kurtz both had bike problems as did Simota!

Overall a really good night - liked the way Boro bring riders through crowd for intros and mingle with fans after racing. They are working hard on the promotion side, hope the crowds continue to grow for them. Also had a chat with Plymouth promotion, best of luck to them, nice guys.

• Like 1

Nasty crash between Holub and Kyle Newman, thought that Holub's move was a bit rash, he hung Newman out on the first bend and after Newman passed him fair and square, the Czech lad's move into the last bend was always likely to end in disaster!

Seems that what Holub did before (he also gave Kurtz a bend 2 brown pants moment) has been glossed over. I'm all for hard riding but he was an accident waiting to happen unfortunately, as poor Newman found out. Needs to calm down to avoid a nutter reputation.

• Like 1

Seems that what Holub did before (he also gave Kurtz a bend 2 brown pants moment) has been glossed over. I'm all for hard riding but he was an accident waiting to happen unfortunately, as poor Newman found out. Needs to calm down to avoid a nutter reputation.

That's how I saw it. Not a racing incident so much as overriding if not recklessness.

Any fans want to hang out at this meeting; I never like sitting alone in the Grandstand.

:D

You guys have an awful lot in common!! :D

You guys have an awful lot in common!! :D

Fortunately for everyone you're a one off :)

Confirmed as broken collarbone by Keith (Newman) :(

Confirmed as broken collarbone by Keith (Newman) :(

That's a shame for the lad.. hopefully he'll mend quickly....

Fortunately for everyone you're a one off :)

Nah, always has his dad with him

• Like 1

first visit to the Showground since the Panthers broke the Bulldogs hearts a decade ago! Really enjoyable evening, well looked after in hospitality by Mr Lambert snr and his team, caught up with a couple of old pals in Ulrich Ostergaard and Sam Simota and I thought the racing was good on a well prepared track.

Having said I liked racing style in his other heats. Boro have a very strong side, very impressed with Simon Lambert and after poor first ride Cook wasn't really trouble. Caught up with Ulrich pre-meeting for bit to eat, he bought along Emil Grondal with him, what a nice lad. Very level headed with a good attitude.

For Plymouth impressed with Todd Kurtz, Shame that Newman was hurt and that Holder and Brady Kurtz both had bike problems as did Simota!

Overall a really good night - liked the way Boro bring riders through crowd for intros and mingle with fans after racing. They are working hard on the promotion side, hope the crowds continue to grow for them. Also had a chat with Plymouth promotion, best of luck to them, nice guys.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Panthers.

Word to the wise though: you post sounds like it was written by a giddy youngster who can't resist telling everybody that he was in the posh hospitality area and spent most of the evening rubbing shoulders with some speedway 'celebs'. :rolleyes:

Edited by PE7Panther