British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Poole Friday 1st July

Holder, Wells, Summers, Ellis, r/rAndersen; Wilson-Dean, Starke.

The only races of interest will be Robert Mear's :rolleyes:

Can see both points of view.

Lakeside have always been very fair when it comes to this sort of thing and I don't think for one minute they are revelling in this situation.

It's a shame as I enjoy beating an over strength Poole side!

The crowd will almost certainly be down but by how much compared to having to race on an 'off' night - who knows?

On the plus side:-

- another 3 points collected

- another fixture completed

- the team get track time after a month break from their last home meeting

running this match is just a ploy to get others to thinking we need a squad system , when in actual fact it should be post poned

FARCE

End of. :nono:

• Like 2

Totally agree AJ. The authorities are as much to blame because there are just not enough riders to go around. It'll be interesting because there isn't much difference between the PL and EL so perhaps it'll be closer than people think.

running this match is just a ploy to get others to thinking we need a squad system , when in actual fact it should be post poned

The problem is postponed to when ? There have already been two rained off Swindon fixtures to re-arrange due to rain offs and probably no other dates when all riders are available. The reality is that its bad enough with GP's , SWC, u/21's and GP qualifiers to fit round riders availibity, but now we have Polish TV meetings going on mid week and it all plays havoc with the domestic league when rain offs happen.

Its all very well for people to pontificate about postponements, and I am sure Jon Cook would go for that option rather than a big wage bill and a small crowd but there is no easy answer other than in the BSF fantasy world.

The month since the last meeting is itself due to a rain off. Having said that. I shall go myself, subject to weather, because with these gaps I am increasingly finding other things to do on a Friday and if I don't drag myself over there I might easily drop the habit completely.. When regulars like myself are getting out of the habit the alarm bells should be ringing at BSPA Towers.

• Like 2

The problem is postponed to when ? There have already been two rained off Swindon fixtures to re-arrange due to rain offs and probably no other dates when all riders are available. The reality is that its bad enough with GP's , SWC, u/21's and GP qualifiers to fit round riders availibity, but now we have Polish TV meetings going on mid week and it all plays havoc with the domestic league when rain offs happen.

Its all very well for people to pontificate about postponements, and I am sure Jon Cook would go for that option rather than a big wage bill and a small crowd but there is no easy answer other than in the BSF fantasy world.

The month since the last meeting is itself due to a rain off. Having said that. I shall go myself, subject to weather, because with these gaps I am increasingly finding other things to do on a Friday and if I don't drag myself over there I might easily drop the habit completely.. When regulars like myself are getting out of the habit the alarm bells should be ringing at BSPA Towers.

so then how are they going to find dates for more meetings next season as what mr ford wants????

Matt ford is probably in a minority when it comes to wanting more meetings. For most promoters, more meetings mean more losses!

Matt ford is probably in a minority when it comes to wanting more meetings. For most promoters, more meetings mean more losses!

If promoters think that they should quit. Why not run any meetings at all and have no losses?

Really, explain yourself..

Really, explain yourself..

if more meetings was the answer, why was the KOC and the craven shield scrapped.

if more meetings was the answer, why was the KOC and the craven shield scrapped.

The K O Cup could be brought back, but the craven shield im not so sure about. So whats your suggestion then..

Edited by Starman2006

The K O Cup could be brought back, but the craven shield im not so sure about. So whats your suggestion then..

there is no easy way to fix the problems in british speedway, hence the staggered fixture list in all three leagues. Some sports just go out of fashion, and the yearly tinkering of the rules won't bring the crowds back. Poole get healthy attendances, so have a different agenda to most of the other clubs.