British Speedway Forum
GregoryM

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton 06-07-2016

Rider of the night award from me goes to Joe Jacobs, looked fast and in control. Well done boy. Wally of the night goes to GP star Zagar, hopeless.

Fully agree Jacobs rode really well, he did so well to hold off Howarth in his first ride .

Howarth looks right out of form at the moment mind you, Fast Fred lived up to his nickname another excellent performance from him and the track and stadium are the real dogs Nick nacks.

Sky aren't repeating this so I'll have to wait for youtube..... sounds worth it though.

Yes they are its on early hours of the morning

Yes they are its on early hours of the morning

Ah.. can't tape it as I'm on NOW unfortunately.

That was a decent meeting some good dices looking forward to WTC on that track.Pray for good weather!!

Ah.. can't tape it as I'm on NOW unfortunately.

Have a look on demand tomorrow they might put it on there.

Like the track but can someone tell the start marshall the tapes need tightening, they are still bowing in the middle, not as much as the other week but they are not going up level.

Not sure if the camera emphasises the middle rising slightly after the edges or if the tapes are ok

I totally agree with you, the middle section of the tapes lags behind the magneted ends by 6" to 8" when released!! Gives gates 1 and 4 an advantage, and 2 & 3 prone to getting pulled back for jumping the start...!

Definitely need tightening up (shortening) to negate the lag....

You would ignore someone a mile from the track and set off on a drive down the m6/m5 in rush hour when he said it looked like is was going to rain?

Yeh right.

You would base your entire journey on one poster on a speedway forum? Yeh right...oh, you did.
  • Like 1

Don't see PK doing much on this track. He'll be stopping for oxygen round there.

of course, the Swedish and Polish tracks are so much smaller! :rofl:

Howarth must be a worry for Wolves

As much as KK is for Coventry.

Unexpected result. Great effort. Even Klindt had one superb ride. Well done the boys.

Lindgren was just sublime.

Still waiting for the 'still past his best' tag line from the usual suspect unless they have finally become too embarrassed to mention it. :neutral:

• Like 2

Much better meeting than Monday, great track but I guess the home riders regret asking for it to be ripped up as the most the top 4 apart from Fricke really struggled and that has not been the case from previous reports. Gate 4 scored 3,2,3,3 in the opening four heats then for the rest of the night 3 points in total were scored from this gate.

I agree with Kelvin and Adams that there is no track advantage at all which is all good when you have a strong team like they have this season but an average side could struggle home and away. I wouldn't really be surprised next year to see Nicholls move on, he likes a track with a good home advantage such as Wolves, Lakeside or even Leicester?

I still think Belle Vue are the team to beat with Fricke being the trump card.

I agree too CB, no real home advantage as yet for the Aces. Matej Zagar touched on that subject in the post-match conference in the Peter Craven Suite. No complaints from him about the track, just a lack of consistency in conditions in home matches to date (due to the bang average Manchester "summer" so far), making set-ups hard to find.

Thought Wolves were excellent, especially early on, & they are a live threat for the title for me. An Aces/Wolves 2-legged playoff tie would be some contest! After a couple of fallow years for Freddie Lindgren, enjoyed watching him back near his best, was quality all match.

Whether the Aces make the playoffs or not, Max Fricke has to be the first name on the Aces team sheet for 2017. Bound to be on an attractive average, great temperament, smooth racing style, quick - & improving rapidly. Gonna be interesting to see how far he can progress - he's the real deal in my opinion. :approve:

Edited by mikec
  • Like 1

I agree too CB, no real home advantage as yet for the Aces. Matej Zagar touched on that subject in the post-match conference in the Peter Craven Suite. No complaints from him about the track, just a lack of consistency in conditions in home matches to date (due to the bang average Manchester "summer" so far), making set-ups hard to find.

Thought Wolves were excellent, especially early on, & they are a live threat for the title for me. An Aces/Wolves 2-legged playoff tie would be some contest! After a couple of fallow years for Freddie Lindgren, enjoyed watching him back near his best, was quality all match.

Whether the Aces make the playoffs or not, Max Fricke has to be the first name on the Aces team sheet for 2017. Bound to be on an attractive average, great temperament, smooth racing style, quick - & improving rapidly. Gonna be interesting to see how far he can progress - he's the real deal in my opinion. :approve:

I think you make a fair point concerning home advantage, particularly given how few home EL matches have actually been staged so far at the NSS and your ah, how can we put it, interesting and varied city climate.

Quite agree on Fricke although by season's end surely his average will be a good bit north of the current six and a half. But surely a must for 2017 regardless.

This was TiVo'ed.

Strange meeting really. Belle Vue can thank their Fricke & their reserves for winning it, Wolves can thank Lindgren, Karlsson, Masters & Thorsell for getting the a point with crucial heat wins from each. Klindt score suggests he rode OK, but he cost Masters big time in one heat. WTF was Adams thinking choosing gates 1 & the graveyard gate 3 in heat 15? Off night for Belle Vue but 3 points banked, track seemed slicker thank when I've seen it on Sky before.

Belle Vue can't afford a night like this from Zagar & Nicholls if they make the play offs.

Derrr... no

The forecast suggested it might rain, not only the forecast you linked in your post but the one for egbo?? Someone a mile from the track backed it up! I rely on weather forecasts at work but local reports are always more reliable. Here's a tip, look up egbo, I know its 10 miles away but that is a much more accurate forecast than the two you linked.

You seem to be trying very hard to score a trolling point after your elderly friend got muddled up over how much it costs to get in to watch speedway at the National Speedway Stadium and it looked like the pillock didn't help the attendance either.

Such a silly argument anyway.

Obviously it's more expensive for a wolves to pay at Belle Vue (with parking cost) and it's more expensive for an Aces fan to get in at Wolves.

No idea why it's such an issue.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Well as a team we were second best tonight but in football parlance good sides find a way to win when not performing to their abilites. We dug in and nicked it but wolves were very good and must feel a bit aggrieved. Zagar is some arguement for enticing the world class GP riders isnt he? Hes been shocking this season, a woeful No1. Max Fricke is the future another great performance from him tonight. Howarth is a strange one, when he was riding in the Colts with Garrity he looked the better of the two, always more stylish and in control, whereas hes gone backwards Garrity has improved and is now a far better rider than Kyle. If Wolves had two firing reserves they would be very difficult to beat, their top five is solid and can all score important points when the team require it. Joe Jacobs has got a lot better at home and if he could transfer some of that form into his away meetings we wouldnt be far away, hopefully the extra meetings for the IOW and Ipswich will be beneficial. No team is going to be on it in every meeting and pulling out a win when riding below average is at least a positive sign.

We're aces really 2nd best? Numbers 2-5scored evenly for both teams. The aces reserves simply compensated for zagar being outperformed by Lindgren. Close match with the right result.
  • Like 1

I think you make a fair point concerning home advantage, particularly given how few home EL matches have actually been staged so far at the NSS and your ah, how can we put it, interesting and varied city climate.

Quite agree on Fricke although by season's end surely his average will be a good bit north of the current six and a half. But surely a must for 2017 regardless.

Surely fricke will soon be at hl, which should flatten his average somewhat. Fully Agree he should in the 17 side

Like the track but can someone tell the start marshall the tapes need tightening, they are still bowing in the middle, not as much as the other week but they are not going up level.

Not sure if the camera emphasises the middle rising slightly after the edges or if the tapes are ok

Because the track is so wide, tapes are 15m wide so always going to have that slight problem. It doesn't affect anything as riders are looking towards the sides anyway.

• Like 1