British Speedway Forum
GregoryM

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton 06-07-2016

Haven't seen the full lines ups for this yet, but if Wolves are missing Kylmakorpi then it continues the run of this season's Elite League matches - this will be the 6th (I think anyway) - where either the Aces or the visitors have at least one of their own team missing for one reason or another.

Pete Adams confirms on local radio that Robert Lambert is the guest. Excellent.

Rob Lambert's performed well on his previous visits to Belle Vue this season, looking forward to watching him again on Weds night.

With the SWC Final just over 3 weeks away, great to have Lambert, Cook, Nicholls & Steve Worrall all in action at the NSS, a golden opportunity in front of the Sky cameras for them to impress & stake a claim for a Team GB spot. Should be some great racing between two teams with designs on the EL title, can't wait! :approve:

• Like 1

Thought it would be him or Danny King.

• Like 1

Pete Adams confirms on local radio that Robert Lambert is the guest. Excellent.

Setting aside the reasons why, speedway once again shows how full of integrity and serious professionalism it has by allowing this scenario to happen within its rules:-

King's Lynn are at Belle Vue on 1st July and are without (amongst others) one of their own team members Robert Lambert.

Just 6 days later, on 6th July, Wolverhampton are at Belle Vue and include a guest rider, King's Lynn's Robert Lambert!!

And I wonder if King's Lynn might be checking the Wolves scorechart tomorrow to see how many Jacob Thorssell scores.

20 days ago on Wolves last visit he scored 10

6 days ago guesting for King's Lynn he scored 1

I'm sure all connected with the Stars won't be too impressed if he bangs in another double figure score tomorrow night?

Setting aside the reasons why, speedway once again shows how full of integrity and serious professionalism it has by allowing this scenario to happen within its rules:-

King's Lynn are at Belle Vue on 1st July and are without (amongst others) one of their own team members Robert Lambert.

Just 6 days later, on 6th July, Wolverhampton are at Belle Vue and include a guest rider, King's Lynn's Robert Lambert!!

And I wonder if King's Lynn might be checking the Wolves scorechart tomorrow to see how many Jacob Thorssell scores.

20 days ago on Wolves last visit he scored 10

6 days ago guesting for King's Lynn he scored 1

I'm sure all connected with the Stars won't be too impressed if he bangs in another double figure score tomorrow night?

I'm sure wolves fans won't be impressed if lambert scores poorly also.

In saying that I don't think either would be doing it on purpose. :neutral:

I'm sure wolves fans won't be impressed if lambert scores poorly also.

In saying that I don't think either would be doing it on purpose. :neutral:

Well said. I personally predicted Wolves to be the dark horses this season, and for once I seem to be correct, so with that in mind I recon Wolves are well capable of leaving the NSS with a point tomorrow, but will they.

The Aces should be well fired up for this meeting knowing that 3 points is a must to keep the Wolves in check, and with our full 1-7 riding and Matje hopefully having sorted his bike problems I am going for a 8-10 point home win.

• Like 1

Tough meeting for Wolves away at Belle Vue, followed by another tough meeting on thursday against the Swindon Roobins.

This should be a good meeting with Belle Vue coming out on top.

Well said. I personally predicted Wolves to be the dark horses this season, and for once I seem to be correct, so with that in mind I recon Wolves are well capable of leaving the NSS with a point tomorrow, but will they.

The Aces should be well fired up for this meeting knowing that 3 points is a must to keep the Wolves in check, and with our full 1-7 riding and Matje hopefully having sorted his bike problems I am going for a 8-10 point home win.

Well predicted.

However Wolves have stabilised after a solid start to the season so I expect no points from either the National stadium or the Abbey this week.

Keeping it close will be the minimum I expect.

• Like 1

Well predicted.

However Wolves have stabilised after a solid start to the season so I expect no points from either the National stadium or the Abbey this week.

Keeping it close will be the minimum I expect.

Will watch with interest the meeting on the tv tomorrow and obviously the one at Swindon with these three teams being at the top of the league.

• Like 1

Should be close. Wolves strengthened by the inclusion of Lambert and Masters should score more than r/r on their last visit but nobody missing for the Aces so should get 3 points.

Be good to see PK, one of my all time favourites.

• Like 1

Are the TVs going to be showing the Wales match?? lol

Well predicted.

However Wolves have stabilised after a solid start to the season

I've always admired Steve's Monmore loyalty, particularly when he employs the term 'stabilised' as a euphemism for 'deteriorated'! Edited by Fourentee