British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

So KK kicking it shut as such was just for effect then?

Yes

They did have a banner on the 3/4th bend but SKY didn't think it important enough to show it, mind you had the people behind the Save Cov Speedway campaign come round to the 1st bend they could have easily asked for it to be shown, Kelvin was accessible to talk to at least .......

And they were the Polish supporters I believe. I think the majority of us are just waiting for the inevitable to happen. :neutral:

And they were the Polish supporters I believe. I think the majority of us are just waiting for the inevitable to happen. :neutral:

They had a Union Jack flag with Save Coventry Speedway, or something like that, on it which was near the entrance to the track from the pits that just happened to be shown a few times, but as the camera was following the rider it was only on screen for a couple of seconds each time it was seen.

Well I haven't given up. I didn't see the reported rubbish in the pits because I was in the stand cheering on my side. And those Bees nearly pulled off the greatest comeback since Lazarus. We pulled off a spendid win at King's Lynn and last night was an exciting turn around. Look at the stats and you'll see we have some exciting riders. What they are doing with early meeting set up and some of their gating is anyone's guess. But they pulled out all the stops and almost pulled off a famous win.

Throw in the towel if you like but keep the faith on here and elsewhere on the net. We are all that's left.

• Like 2

It seems Coventry fans missed the point & opportunity of last night.

There's no better way of showing support than live on TV.

As I's already said, it was a night to put aside how crap the team & management are but to support the stadium use.

An opportunity to make a nuisance behind the Sky studio, invade the track to wave banners & flags etc.

I'm sure the fans could of found £10 for the night and stuck their fingers up to the management for the rest of the season.

The 'Save' campaign may as well just give up, a chance missed imo

As someone who runs the save cov speedway twitter feed I would never ask anyone to invade the track its a irresponsible thing to say and do. Fans will not go on a Monday even at £10 and even more so when we have a meeting Friday. Originally I suggested doing the flags/banners on an actual race night and get local media involved as it's local government and mainly local people that can put pressure on the developer. I was shot down saying it needs to on Sky, looks like I was right. As for giving up, never. Talks are still ongoing to extend the lease.

As I said before the Bees promotion has a bigger platform to push this than any of us. Promote a meeting as a "Save Cov Speedway" one, invite local media, reduce prices for a Friday meeting and I can guarantee that will have more clout than what we had yesterday

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

Fame at last. :lol: As the riders line up for each race we can clearly be seen on the 4th bend ~ my friend Robert, two Kings Lynn friends and Lucy. Well, you won't see much of the dog as she's in her usual position lying down asleep. We moved after heat 5 to the back straight as it was so cold but perhaps we should have stayed where we were to make that bend look more crowded. As it was it just left the man in shorts :shock: and the Polish lads with the flags. Now I've watched the video it confirmed my opinion that this was one of the worst matches racing wise this season but the fight back and close final score made it very interesting. Shame Bees didn't quite pull it off in the end.

A ORLOV.....They had a Union Jack flag with Save Coventry Speedway, or something like that, on it which was near the entrance to the track from the pits that just happened to be shown a few times, but as the camera was following the rider it was only on screen for a couple of seconds each time it was seen.

Yes, I've seen it now. Thinking about it those banners/flags on the 4th bend were probably a better idea because the camera was able to pick them up each time the riders lined up. Just a shame the camera didn't zoom in a few times as they've done it enough times when there is a full moon and had some amazing shots of it.

Edited by Gemini

Robert Lambert riding in Sweden tonight- quick recovery !!!!!

I thought he had a broken finger?

I thought

Theres your first mistake

I thought he had a broken finger?

Looked like it wasnt very comfortable by how he was signing autographs at Cardiff on Saturday.

Edited by tellboy

Not a broken finger more a squished, messed up end to his finger.

• Like 1

It seems Coventry fans missed the point & opportunity of last night.

There's no better way of showing support than live on TV.

As I's already said, it was a night to put aside how crap the team & management are but to support the stadium use.

An opportunity to make a nuisance behind the Sky studio, invade the track to wave banners & flags etc.

I'm sure the fans could of found £10 for the night and stuck their fingers up to the management for the rest of the season.

The 'Save' campaign may as well just give up, a chance missed imo

Brandon Stadium is the longest running, current active speedway stadium in the UK. What more proof is needed that it's viable? It's not being closed down due to a lack of numbers, it's being closed down because of one mans greed (and probably because he was fecked over by the speedway establishment) so don't pin Coventry closing down on the fans, it's ultimately Sandhu and not helped by Patchett, Ford and Adams doing their best to screw over Sandhu in 2010/2011.

Brandon Stadium is the longest running, current active speedway stadium in the UK. What more proof is needed that it's viable? It's not being closed down due to a lack of numbers, it's being closed down because of one mans greed (and probably because he was fecked over by the speedway establishment) so don't pin Coventry closing down on the fans, it's ultimately Sandhu and not helped by Patchett, Ford and Adams doing their best to screw over Sandhu in 2010/2011.

But surely the fans have missed the opportunity to show their passion for the club on tv, to show the speedway world that Coventry is viable?

happy to be proved wrong again lol :rofl: .... thought we'd struggle with no Rob but great stuff from the Stars early on saw us through after Bees' recovery. ....and who'd have thought Troy would be the saviour? :shock:

Well done all the team!! :party:

• Like 1

Fans have to remember they are the mainstays of any club, it's their club, if they don't turn up then the club is not more, it really is support it or lose it :(

They did have a banner on the 3/4th bend but SKY didn't think it important enough to show it, mind you had the people behind the Save Cov Speedway campaign come round to the 1st bend they could have easily asked for it to be shown, Kelvin was accessible to talk to at least .......

They did show the banner, from a distance..