British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

So when and how did Robert Lambert end up with a broken finger?, Kings Lynn web story is a bit short of detail.

He had injured it abroad during the week.

Brandon has always been one of his worst away tracks (scores on visits 2,0,2 and 1,3,1,0,0) however I was looking forward to seeing him.

All riders can take his rides which means more rides for NKI, Rory & Troy who usually ride Brandon well 😕

• Like 3

Shame Lambert is missing, I know he doesn't have a great record at Brandon but was still looking forward to seeing him.

Would he have rode at Cardiff had he the chance?

He would have been stupid not to have been there, he now has an idea of the pressure of the event which will stand him in good stead for future appearances

He had injured it abroad during the week.

Brandon has always been one of his worst away tracks (scores on visits 2,0,2 and 1,3,1,0,0) however I was looking forward to seeing him.

All riders can take his rides which means more rides for NKI, Rory & Troy who usually ride Brandon well

Lambert has made huge strides this year and I am in no doubt, he would have performed far better than his previous tallies would suggest.

I'm not so sure RR will equal those points Robert would have scored.... Again we will have to wait and see....

But surely common sense should prevail? Howarth is a far more established rider than Wilkinson or Lambert for heavens sake irrespective of his recent EL form in fact i dont believe he should had qualified as a draft rider with his experience but that's another argument

Depends what you mean by experienced. Wilko has been riding a heck of lot longer than Howarth has. Kyle started in 2009 (at least made his debut then), Wilko made his debut in 1997!

Lambert has made huge strides this year and I am in no doubt, he would have performed far better than his previous tallies would suggest.

I'm not so sure RR will equal those points Robert would have scored.... Again we will have to wait and see....

Ours has been a track he's struggled with. His highest score has been 5 from 5 rides so far at Brandon even when in form like last year and as a 2nd string. He would have been a heatleader tonight so I would think RR will easily score more than 5, 3 from NKI ride alone.

At home I do think he will be a much bigger loss

Edited by mdmc82

Chris Harris is riding with an injury he got Thursday but has declared himself fit to race tonight as he doesn't want to let Coventry down. Let's hope he's ok.

Edited by mdmc82

r/r for Rob def weakens Stars so i'd be surprised if Lynn even get a point :nono::mad:

Really ? I think r/r potentially makes the Stars stronger with everyone able to cover his rides. Stay positive :D

• Like 1

Chris Harris is riding with an injury he got Thursday but has declared himself fit to race tonight as he doesn't want to let Coventry down. Let's hope he's ok.

What injury does he have?

100% an excuse for Saturday.

• Like 5

100% an excuse for Saturday.

Not so sure. He was close to pulling out of today's meeting.