British Speedway Forum

But 100% accurate.

He doesn't need to give an apology for his euphoric and jubilant celebration. 30,000 people all screaming your name must've given him a hell of a rush on top of all that adrenaline the riding gave him. That's all it was and if you think it was something else then it's just another item to add to your list as the biggest :icon_smile_clown: on the form. And I include starman in that too! Unfortunately the feeling he had at that moment is something you never had the chance of experiencing...bearing in mind you never rode a bike contrary to what you claim. Rode against ex world champions... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh and Tai is one hell of a role model. End of.

Spot on that man.

Don't recall REAL speedway legends like Jack Parker, Vic Duggan, Tommy Price and Fred Williams for example behaving in that way before three times (or bigger) crowds the size of Cardiff when they won major events at Wembley. On and off track they were also gentleman and dressed and behaved accordingly.

Edited by Guest

Don't recall REAL speedway legends like Jack Parker, Vic Duggan, Tommy Price and Fred Williams for example behaving in that way before three times (or bigger) crowds the size of Cardiff when they won major events at Wembley. On and off track they were also gentleman and dressed and behave accordingly.

Who??

• Like 1

Don't recall REAL speedway legends like Jack Parker, Vic Duggan, Tommy Price and Fred Williams for example behaving in that way before three times (or bigger) crowds the size of Cardiff when they won major events at Wembley. On and off track they were also gentleman and dressed and behave accordingly.

and what year was this.. ???

But 100% accurate.

He doesn't need to give an apology for his euphoric and jubilant celebration. 30,000 people all screaming your name must've given him a hell of a rush on top of all that adrenaline the riding gave him. That's all it was and if you think it was something else then it's just another item to add to your list as the biggest :icon_smile_clown: on the form. And I include starman in that too! Unfortunately the feeling he had at that moment is something you never had the chance of experiencing...bearing in mind you never rode a bike contrary to what you claim. Rode against ex world champions... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spot on that man.

Don't recall REAL speedway legends like Jack Parker, Vic Duggan, Tommy Price and Fred Williams for example behaving in that way before three times (or bigger) crowds the size of Cardiff when they won major events at Wembley. On and off track they were also gentleman and dressed and behaved accordingly.

Who??

The names are clear enough Danny Smith. If you want to find out more about these riders try Wikipedia! :rolleyes:

What has the year to do with my initial comment Dazzafl.? If you want to know more, as in the previous response by me - try Wikipedia. Just key in the riders' names when you enter the group. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Guest

I notice he's not mentioned Split Waterman as he probably doesn't fit the gentlemanly criteria.

• Like 1

I notice he's not mentioned Split Waterman as he probably doesn't fit the gentlemanly criteria.

Neither does that big bully Jack Parker,but he still mentioned him :P

When someone reaches the pinnacle of their sport there are often many rewards, however with that, goes the responsibility of representing that sport. They become the public face of the sport, hence the responsibility.

Edited by Trevor
  • Like 1

But 100% accurate.

Spot on that man.

Who??

The names are clear enough Danny Smith. If you want to find out more about these riders try Wikipedia! :rolleyes:

What has the year to do with my initial comment Dazzafl.? If you want to know more, as in the previous response by me - try Wikipedia. Just key in the riders' names when you enter the group. :icon_smile_clown:

That's because unlike the other riders, my old mate Split Waterman did not win a World or British championship. For all that, I do recognise Waterman's ability as a top class rider in the post-war era going into the 1960s.

Edited by Guest

Always nice to see bigots airing their views.

Whats bigoted about that ? The question was about being a role model ie someone you would want your kids to copy or imitate .not a slight on his ability to ride a motorbike.

Would you seriously encourage your kids to abandon their education and get their hands and face tattooed.?

Maybe its me getting old, don't think so thou

• Like 1

gustix, Why the need to quote the same quotes twice? Just quote the one you didn't quote the first time. On another point, can't you post "normal" font instead of bold font? It's as if you are shouting and trying to force your opinion.

• Like 2

Whats bigoted about that ? The question was about being a role model ie someone you would want your kids to copy or imitate .not a slight on his ability to ride a motorbike.

Would you seriously encourage your kids to abandon their education and get their hands and face tattooed.?

He is a role model for his speedway ability, dedication to training for and achieving his goals etc. You do young people a disservice by thinking that that they cannot distinguish between the way he looks and his speedway achievements/dedication.

• Like 1

Judging the appearance of a person is the act of a bigot in this day and age.

I would encourage my kids to set their goals and work as hard as they can to achieve them. For that, there is no finer role model than Tai.

The way a person looks, dresses is an individual choice. If they are happy then why should others judge?

• Like 1

As much as I like Tai as a rider Being expelled from school, having no qualifications, plus having your face and hands tattooed, along with large discs in his ears definitely doesn't set him out as a role model. .(plus his language)

However reaching the very pinnacle of his chosen sport is a perfect role model.

Choosing what he didn't achieve a school and the way he looks are the actions of a bigot.

Tai IS a role model to young riders and kids and they have no issue with all those things you mentioned - plus they probably aren't bigoted either.

Choosing what he didn't achieve a school and the way he looks are the actions of a bigot.

Fair play to Tai, you never saw him at Monmore with a ridiculous Mohawk. Eh, Steve? Steve?

• Like 1

Fair play to Tai, you never saw him at Monmore with a ridiculous Mohawk. Eh, Steve? Steve?

Don't forget tattoos too! :t:

• Like 1