British Speedway Forum

Like anything these days you need to shop around (& be lucky with timings) - being loyal or lazy means you'll pay through the nose. I've never missed a Cardiff grand prix & have always stayed in the city centre - the most I've ever paid is £90 a night.

I'm all booked up for this year but just had a quick look and can see a city centre hotel on par with the big sleep for £75 a night with free parking & breakfast. And there are much better hotels asking for much less than what you are being asked for at big sleep.

Where do you get these prices from ?

Guest GiveusaB

Where do you get these prices from ?

Booking.com Trivago Expedia etc etc etc

I may hazard a guess at a London Gp at the Olympic Stadium in the not too distant future...

• Like 1

Is there any update please?

DATE should be confirmed around the weekend of the Stockholm GP. Still a few loose ends to tie up.

• Like 2

DATE should be confirmed around the weekend of the Stockholm GP. Still a few loose ends to tie up.

Thanks Philip

Hi Guys, I am new on here but having read most of the posts about the 2017 British GP I thought i would throw my hat in the ring.

I said this to my wife after they didn't announce the 2017 date as they usually do:

I think that it will be at the new Bell Vue track, they had to see how the World Cup shaped up first.

The venue is sittint there ready to go, they haven't got the expense of ripping out the heart of the stadium, or the transporting the shale etc, all the costs of running the stadium and I am sure policing etc must cost something too.

With Bell Vue, they can just rock up and ride virtually, the costs would be so much less that the number of bodies to cost ratio would probaly make the event more cost effective .

The longer they leave it, the more I think it will happen, they know that they will fill the venue easily, if it were to be in Cardiff, they would have been pushing it straight after the last one as they want our pounds in there bank earning as much as possible for as long as possible.

I hope upon hope I am wrong as we wouldn't be going to Manchester like we have been to Cardiff for many years, the atmosphere of the whole day in the city is fantastic and we make a short break including a visit to Poole or Swindon, then Somerset.

Sorry if it happens for all those who have speculated on rooms on various dates, that is a bit brave,

many thanks,

Unclerickety, the two things that blow your theory out of the water are BV doesn't have the capacity, even with the temporary stands and secondly, it doesn't have a roof and that increases the gate quite considerably. Even if you take the lowest estimate of the crowd at Cardiff It's still over 3 times the capacity of BV.

• Like 1

I agree with diamond ernie, Brits could fill the BV stadium alone (even with the extended temp seating), the poles could possibly fill the stadium for a SGP, then you have danes, swedes germans, aussies, etc etc that get the crowd up to the 40k+ that you get at Cardiff.

Add the fact Cadiff is (almost) guaranteed to run due to the roof, and it makes BV very much in line for SWC (as this year), speedway challange (as per next weekend in Sweden), under 21 world championship, etc.

BV is a wonderful track, maybe if ever a 2nd SGP round in the UK and it would get the nod, but as a replacement for Cardiff - IMO it doesnt match up. Shame really because as a race track it beats Cardiff totally.

Why can't BSI announce more dates in 2017 for SGP rounds?

Ok I understand contract negotiations regarding Cardiff etc, but supporters like to make plans way in advance. What about Prague, Warsaw and others? Surely they must know more. I want to book my trips😂

If it makes more profit to hire BV and have less crowd, the mercenaries who run the sport won't worry about fewer crowd numbers.

It must cost an absolute fortune to put on Cardiff opposed to dropping in to a ready to go track.

We have seen that they can add extra seating at little hire cost.

The Pound is all they think of, sod the fans.

I agree with the roof theory, that is something BV SHOULD have built, especially given their climate.

I pray for Cardiff, it is a great weekend