British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Coventry V Poole. 15/07/2016 Elb

Easy Poole win, 4 points for the taking.

Easy Poole win, 4 points for the taking.

Pah, won't happen! Depends how the track is prepared to whether we win.

Judging by your last prediction on the Coventry v Kings Lynn match ~ Coventry have to be really bad to get beaten by KL!! Coventry to win by 8-10 pts for me. ~ I think you'll be wrong with this one as well. Pedersen against our reserves will be a doddle unfortunately.

Edited by Gemini

Mr Watson... Any chance the stadium staff might remember to open the top car park gate on Friday? It's a lot of unnecessary ball ache everyone trying to get out of one gate when all someone has to do is open the other one.

• Like 3

Mr Watson... Any chance the stadium staff might remember to open the top car park gate on Friday? It's a lot of unnecessary ball ache everyone trying to get out of one gate when all someone has to do is open the other one.

He might answer this non important question but will he answer why have the promotion given up this year

So, which is the "top" car park gate?

The main one as you go in. It has been closed with the water truck behind it the last few times on the way out. However it's been open on the way out.

It's the gate at the other end, the one that's been open at the end of every meeting for the last few decades and helps the traffic run smoothly. They've decided this year to open it some weeks and not others, when it's not open its a major pain in the backside getting out.

It was a pain getting out with a poor crowd on Monday night, Poole on a Friday will attract a much bigger crowd so I didnf fancy being stuck in a car park for half an hour fighting to get out at the end.

Sorry if that's unimportant muffinman, it annoys me and Im sure it does others, all they have to do is get someone to walk across the car park and open a gate then everyone can get out with no bother at all.

• Like 2

Quite easily, i type it. Somebodys needs to get there heads out of their posterior aspects, otherwise they will go down the pan.the same way both Reading and Oxford went. But looking at the crowd last night they have already given up.

Perhaps the supporters are resigned to the inevitable and maybe don't care anyway with the state of British speedway.

Quite easily, i type it. Somebodys needs to get there heads out of their posterior aspects, otherwise they will go down the pan.the same way both Reading and Oxford went. But looking at the crowd last night they have already given up.

How about you keep quiet. There is a lot of people doing a lot of differing things in their own free time, just because you watch one meeting on tv doesn't mean you know everything about what's going on. I'm doing my small bit by being admin of the Facebook page and running the twitter feed, cant do much more as i have a young family.I find your comments very harsh especially to those who are working extremely hard on this

• Like 4

im pretty sure that all the poole supporters bar the one wish you and your fellow campaigners every success in your efforts to keep the bees going woz

• Like 7

im pretty sure that all the poole supporters bar the one wish you and your fellow campaigners every success in your efforts to keep the bees going woz

We know you do. And we know one mupet is not representative of the rest of you.

It's the gate at the other end, the one that's been open at the end of every meeting for the last few decades and helps the traffic run smoothly. They've decided this year to open it some weeks and not others, when it's not open its a major pain in the backside getting out.

It was a pain getting out with a poor crowd on Monday night, Poole on a Friday will attract a much bigger crowd so I didnf fancy being stuck in a car park for half an hour fighting to get out at the end.

Sorry if that's unimportant muffinman, it annoys me and Im sure it does others, all they have to do is get someone to walk across the car park and open a gate then everyone can get out with no bother at all.

Yes, it a real pain, however I note the gates are also blocked by the oil drums filled with concrete joined together with a pole and probably requires a tractor to move it. Probably used to prevent our traveler friends from sticking their caravans on the car park. Looks like another stadium wind down action. Promotion probably desperate to avoid the playoffs so that the lights are not required again, as they probably dont work either.

• Like 1

Judging by your last prediction on the Coventry v Kings Lynn match ~ Coventry have to be really bad to get beaten by KL!! Coventry to win by 8-10 pts for me. ~ I think you'll be wrong with this one as well. Pedersen against our reserves will be a doddle unfortunately.

Yes, not so good with predictions. I underestimated how much Coventry need Garrity, I think!!
  • Like 1