British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Coventry V Poole. 15/07/2016 Elb

I live opposite a nature park so the air is all good where I am. I'm not in the centre of the City. If I lived by the sea the beach would be just like a country park where you take the kids often. No novelty in it then. The kids certainly won't get as excited to go to the seaside like they would living here.

We have a few country parks and beaches. So much choice! Never be bored here :D

I had a week in Poole last month and enjoyed it very much.

So you keep saying but you are on the forum posting every few minutes so you can't get much chance to go to the beach!!! 😃 Or perhaps you don't actually live anywhere near Poole!

So you keep saying but you are on the forum posting every few minutes so you can't get much chance to go to the beach!!! 😃 Or perhaps you don't actually live anywhere near Poole!

• Like 1

Poole is 30 min drive for me. But go there a lot in school hols and Bournemouth too. Does every Coventry fan live in Brandon then? :D

I love little seaside towns like Poole, it allows a chance to escape from the hustle & bustle of big city life.

Manchester like most major cities in the world is incredibly full on where the frustration is what to do with so much to choose from every night. Being a 24 hour city means when you do decide its party on into early morning. After a while you just need to wind down with only the sound of crashing waves to attract your attention. People may scoff but sitting in a deckchair with an ice cream and knotted hankie is the perfect antidote to the bright lights big city. It's like stepping back in time a few decades to simpler times, somehow less sophisticated.

Just writing this makes me want to make a visit but the dam diary won't allow it for a good few weeks.

Viva Poole, may you never change.

• Like 1

I love little seaside towns like Poole, it allows a chance to escape from the hustle & bustle of big city life.

Manchester like most major cities in the world is incredibly full on where the frustration is what to do with so much to choose from every night. Being a 24 hour city means when you do decide its party on into early morning. After a while you just need to wind down with only the sound of crashing waves to attract your attention. People may scoff but sitting in a deckchair with an ice cream and knotted hankie is the perfect antidote to the bright lights big city. It's like stepping back in time a few decades to simpler times, somehow less sophisticated.

Just writing this makes me want to make a visit but the dam diary won't allow it for a good few weeks.

You really are utterly clueless arn't you plenty of nightclubs and winebars in bournemouth.. Id rather live here than in your dump any day of the week month or year..

Edited by Starman2006

Have to disagree. The last 10 months we've been living away from the beach, and in summer really missed taking the kids for a boogie board every evening when I got home from work. And when the office closes for summer, working from home is nowhere near as nice as taking the laptop to the beach and working from there. Hope very much to be back living near the beach in time for this coming summer.

Oh damn! I thought the word grockles would confuse everyone ~ I've just been longing to use that word since I learnt it from Rabbit many years ago. :P No need to disagree because I agree beaches must be very nice to live near but personally I don't like sand and I can't swim so the sea is not much use either. Prefer the countryside myself.

......foreverblue......If you live in Poole you could go on holiday to Swanage, nothing better than looking at Old Harry Rocks on a sunny day.

I think he also hangs out around Studland Bay? Saw him and a couple of equally interesting sights a few years ago.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

All us city people enjoy going to the beach but when it's on your doorstep I think it would just be another amenity and wouldn't be anything special, if we was in a hot country it maybe different. Would prefer it to be something I'd go to 2-3 times a year.

• Like 1

Not only that but the place is full of grockles in the Summer months so there is no advantage living near a beach.

Haven't heard that phrase for a good few years Gem!! ;)

• Like 1

Quite a few people who live near the coast never go to the beach. I have sister who lives near Verwood and she hasn't been to the beach for many years but does go on holidays to other coastal towns!

I live a couple of miles from Verwood and have only been to the beach once in the last 25-30 years.

• Like 1