British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Plymouth Forum

I always have a look around other clubs forum, but after attending the "Pairs" at Somerset which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way, I clicked on their thread re that meeting, and couldn't believe what some of them were posting, what a bunch of sore losers !, c**p track, boring meeting, just a couple of the remarks.

I am a neutral and I have to say I thought the first couple of heats were not brilliant, but after that it just got better and better and certainly Somerset were the best team on the night, and the meeting was run very professionally, all in all a cracking meeting, ok their is probably some rivalry between these two clubs, but come on fairs fair and credit were it's due and all that.

• Like 1

Didn't their own promoter even get quoted in the press last week saying how poor their own forum is?

Edited by Najjer

If you are going to jump on a bandwagon that goes past you really must get your facts right first. The manager was quoted in the local press, not the Promotion as you so put it for comments made, or slurs being the right words against him and his family by a few people on the FACEBOOK Web Site, which has been dealt with, nothing has ever been said reference the Forum. And the Promotion never have and never will post anything on the Forum, that is an understandable agreement that has stood since day one of the Forum starting up.

In the first 5 races at the Pairs there was one pass after half a lap.

The track was then graded and watered.

In total there were 18 races with passing after half a lap and a total of 56 passes again after half a lap.

Somerset is a very good track.

Unfortunately due to it's location and Friday night racing I cannot get there very often.

There will always be some supporters who have a totally biased incorrect point of view.,,,,, based on bias rather than reality

• Like 3

Short Memories some have got

APRIL

Fri 01 Plymouth Select Challenge HOME

Match put on by Debbie/ Gary to help the Plymouth riders get some track time and money.

Edited by idh
  • Like 3

Short Memories some have got

APRIL

Fri 01 Plymouth Select Challenge HOME

Match put on by Debbie/ Gary to help the Plymouth riders get some track time and money.

Just shows ya, I notice no response to this thread from the Plymouth fans who posted on their Forum.

Plymouth wont be around next year unless some more locals support the club, the crowds are dreadful

For a clud with a huge catchment area

I'm a Devils fan.... I can't talk for all Devil's fans or the Club. Similarly I don't consider the views or opinions of others on this or any forum as representative of the club which they support.

What I will say as an individual who happens to be a Devils fan is..... I went up to the pairs and had a thoroughly good evening. You can't beat a bit of local rivalry to make things more interesting and entertaining. I really hope that both the Devils and the Rebels thrive. And let's hope the Falcons join in too. No matter what our respective attendance figures are, good or bad, we'd all welcome more I'm sure! A strong competitive South West speedway scene has to be good for all involved.

You only need to look at the friendly (ish) rivalry between Edinburgh and Glasgow and see how both clubs are feeding of it.

I wish nothing but the best for the Rebels..... Just a bit better for the Devils!

the forum is dire..

and i think you are bang on.. i reckon they will run out of the money the supporters put in before the end of the year.. and they wont invest again and again..

they hay day of Plymouth has defo gone.. sad but very true..

i love Plymouth so very much but do not tar the team and the rest of the fans with the same brush you use on the Forum.. the people that go on there are all moaners and find nothing better than moaning about one thing or another,..

i know of a load of fans who were once on the forum but no longer go on there..

Well well well, when there is an opportunity to run the Plymouth set up down, the expected raises his head above the parapets. Don`t forget that when you do this, apart from the lies that you normally spout, you lay yourself open to retaliation, and with your record I do not think that is a wise choice on your behalf. But please if you wish to continue in this vain I am the last to stop you, along with a lot of others who will no doubt wish to add their opinions as well.

• Like 1

Well well well, when there is an opportunity to run the Plymouth set up down, the expected raises his head above the parapets. Don`t forget that when you do this, apart from the lies that you normally spout, you lay yourself open to retaliation, and with your record I do not think that is a wise choice on your behalf. But please if you wish to continue in this vain I am the last to stop you, along with a lot of others who will no doubt wish to add their opinions as well.

Just realised who this is, dear oh dear, is he still going on after all these years!

• Like 2

Really enjoy my trips to Plymouth. Great little track, with what I thought were knowledgeable, friendly fans. After reading some of the above posts it's beginning to sound quite a scary environment!

Really enjoy my trips to Plymouth. Great little track, with what I thought were knowledgeable, friendly fans. After reading some of the above posts it's beginning to sound quite a scary environment!

no not at all.. quite the opposite really..

To put the O/P's initial statement in some perspective, there were two members of the Plymouth forum who were making remarks which a Somerset fan might take offence to. Two. There is of course a local rivalry between the two teams but this is, like all rivalries between speedway fans that I have encountered, friendly. I suggest you grow a thicker skin Buttons.

The marketing and support for Plymouth could be vastly improved if they got their act together and got their Website up and running again !!!

• Like 1