British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Lakeside V Wolves Friday 15th July

Wolves have already made a commitment to Rider Replacement, it would be unfair to let him down.

You know, I was waiting to see who would say it, I should have guessed :rofl:

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

Just saw the score. What happened to Lindgren tonight. Only 4 from 4 rides isn't good. He was even beaten by a draft rider.

Great to hear AJ got a paid max 👍🏻

Freddie looked extremely ordinary tonight (perhaps he was bored) - almost to the point of disinterested.

Now that Lewis Kerr has switched back to GM's - his performance has improved considerably and will probably improve even more when he gets his set up perfected for his 'new' engine.

All of the Hammers' top four seemed to be on fire tonight with Kim Nilsson looking majestic.

Sounds as if our No. 8 may get some outings, at home in the meetings to come.

The Wolves reserve pairing were good value for money.

Edited by TonyE

Only just got in so shocked to see the scoreline and when Clegg top scores you know something is truly wrong.

Schlein as expected is way short on fitness but that doesn't excuse the poor performances from the rat - bar Max.

Only just got in so shocked to see the scoreline and when Clegg top scores you know something is truly wrong.

Schlein as expected is way short on fitness but that doesn't excuse the poor performances from the rat - bar Max.

Ain't that the truth. I fear our promising season is hurtling toward the buffers.

Ain't that the truth. I fear our promising season is hurtling toward the buffers.

I just hope we haven't peaked.

We need to be winning at full strength tho.

I don't know what to say about this one. I have said many times on here that you nearly always get entertaining Speedwáy when Wolves are at Lakeside but it just didn't happen for them tonight.

If the top end had shown the spirit of Max Clegg it would likely have been a great match but the higher up the order you look the more lacklustre they seemed. It was clear from heat 1 the spark wasn't there.

The root of the problem seems to be with Lindgren. Now I like Freddie, he is a nice bloke and a class rider but he reall y wasn't with it tonight. This is a rider who was virtually unbeatable at Lakeside until the recent past, yet not only was he beaten by Lewis Kerr, he came out on a t/r and was not only passed by Nilsson but he was trailing him by half the length of the straight by the end of the race. In heat 13 he wasn't even on the pace, miles behind. Worse than that, he was constantly on the wrong line, stuck in no mans land.,This is not the Fast Freddie of old. He somehow doesn't seem to have the old hunger any more.

PK still looks class on the bike but he has nothing left to prove and understandably he is not going to bust a gut at this stage of his career. It really says it all though when Wolves are putting a reserve out in heat 15.

Finally Kim Nilsson. Since joining Lakeside from Newport 6 years ago he has progressed slowly, inch by inch, race by race, from reserve to second string to heatleader. His first paid 18 was notable not only because it was his first but because he pulled out a reall class performance as Tony Ellis has said. He rode with the sort of confident, flawless, immaculate professionalism one would normally associate with someone like Leigh Adams. A great effort.

• Like 2

I just hope we haven't peaked.

We need to be winning at full strength tho.

Maybe you need a proper no1
  • Like 1

I could not have been more wrong with my prediction, AJ, Edward and Kim were really on it last night, Lewis B tried as always but sometimes was in the wrong place at the wrong time, still a little cause for concern with the reserves but it was announced Ben Morley will be getting a chance soon.

Seems Lewi Kerr is no longer with revolution speedway?

Freddie looked extremely ordinary tonight (perhaps he was bored) - almost to the point of disinterested.

Now that Lewis Kerr has switched back to GM's - his performance has improved considerably and will probably improve when he gets his set up perfected for his 'new' engine.

All of the Hammers' top four seemed to be on fire tonight with Kim Nilsson looking majestic.

Sounds as if our No. 8 may get some outings, at home in the meetings to come.

The Wolves reserve pairing were good value for money.

Your comment on Kerr very interesting he has switched to GM, can you tell me if he his still on revolution chassis ?

You know, I was waiting to see who would say it, I should have guessed :rofl:

BWitcher the Dennis Skinner of the BSF.

Looking at the league table can't see wolves making the play offs unless they get there acts together with teams having matches in hand.

• Like 1

Your comment on Kerr very interesting he has switched to GM, can you tell me if he his still on revolution chassis ?

The answer is that I don't know. He has parted company with 'Revolution' and someone told me he had reverted to GM engines.

Maybe you need a proper no1

Could be worse, it could be a blonde one point Pole.

Agree with everything said about Freddie. To see the guy who busts a gut in the GPs looking like someone who is just turning up to fulfil the fixture was dissappointing.

I think after spending years with SKY Kelvin has learned to be a diplomat. He knows what not to say in interviews. I'd love to see Robert Mear make a modest leap in performance at home but it just doesn't happen. And to see his mechanic topping up the fuel on his spare bike and not noticing it going straight on the floor doesn't instil much confidence. :oops:

If Southend's finest gets a chance that'll please the interviewer at least but he couldn't seem to get Lewis Kerr to expand on his great joy for riding in the glorious county of Essex. Perhaps he could have asked something more searching like moving from a semi works Jawa to a GM? ;)