British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Perhaps swap it with someone who is going?

I'm not condoning trying to get your money back, but if a friend is going, it's a lot easier, and less hassle...

Just saying..

I don't know of any Lynn fans that want to step back into that stadium again after the fiasco in July! I have one adult ticket and one concession here though if anyone is interested :rofl: which I highly doubt it!

I don't know of any Lynn fans that want to step back into that stadium again after the fiasco in July! I have one adult ticket and one concession here though if anyone is interested :rofl: which I highly doubt it!

Blimey! It's not just Leicester where this sort of fiasco has happened this year, didn't the same happen in the return? And a televised match an Kings Lynn this season, and Belle Vue last night!!

No wonder theres hardly any away support now.. (anywhere)

I didn't know what tellboy had done - not been on here for weeks! I suppose video and photographic evidence plus recorded delivery and taking a colour copy of the tickets is all I can do. If I don't get my money, well, I won't go to Leicester ever again purely on principle. They can't take my money and keep it for something that I have not seen! That's just not on.

Seemed to work for me,unless i was just one of the lucky ones.I did pay by credit card too which acted as more proof i suppose.When i emailed them i did tell them of my intentions which may have made them think a bit.

Thanks to Star Lady :approve:

Blimey! It's not just Leicester where this sort of fiasco has happened this year, didn't the same happen in the return? And a televised match an Kings Lynn this season, and Belle Vue last night!!

No wonder theres hardly any away support now.. (anywhere)

I know it's happened elsewhere. I suppose I could try advertising on Twitter or Facebook to see if anyone wants them. £18 for the adult ticket and £15 for the concession ticket is too much to throw away.

Seemed to work for me,unless i was just one of the lucky ones.I did pay by credit card too which acted as more proof i suppose.When i emailed them i did tell them of my intentions which may have made them think a bit.

Thanks to Star Lady :approve:

I paid by cash. But that shouldn't make any difference. It does say in their programme that readmission tickets can be used the following year...but as Mimmo said, what with the promotion situation up in the air, would they allow the use of the tickets next year? I doubt that. Edited by em1500uk

I know it's happened elsewhere. I suppose I could try advertising on Twitter or Facebook to see if anyone wants them. £18 for the adult ticket and £15 for the concession ticket is too much to throw away.

I paid by cash. But that shouldn't make any difference. It does say in their programme that readmission tickets can be used the following year...but as Mimmo said, what with the promotion situation up in the air, would they allow the use of the tickets next year? I doubt that.

I just think with cash you have no proof.Bet they didn't give you a receipt,whereas with the cc you do.Plus i would have the cc company/statement to back me up further.I gained as much evidence as i could,just make sure you do the same if asking for a refund.

I just think with cash you have no proof.Bet they didn't give you a receipt,whereas with the cc you do.Plus i would have the cc company/statement to back me up further.I gained as much evidence as i could,just make sure you do the same if asking for a refund.

Nope. No receipt. Just the tickets. Peterborough don't issue tickets, just a printed receipt that gets hole punched when you go through into the stadium, for example. Lynn don't issue receipts either though, just tickets, so Leicester aren't alone.

The idea of swapping with someone instead of asking for a refund might be good...IF anyone is really bothered about going and missed the original date, but we've been performing rather poorly just lately and people might not be interested in going back anyway :blink:

Nope. No receipt. Just the tickets. Peterborough don't issue tickets, just a printed receipt that gets hole punched when you go through into the stadium, for example. Lynn don't issue receipts either though, just tickets, so Leicester aren't alone.

The idea of swapping with someone instead of asking for a refund might be good...IF anyone is really bothered about going and missed the original date, but we've been performing rather poorly just lately and people might not be interested in going back anyway :blink:

New and little known BSPA rule brought in this season. The guest system now applies to fans. If you can't find somebody suitable with a lower average than you KL will have to use F/R and share the ticket among other KL fans.

New and little known BSPA rule brought in this season. The guest system now applies to fans. If you can't find somebody suitable with a lower average than you KL will have to use F/R and share the ticket among other KL fans.

Very funny. I'd just like to know that I can get my money back, but looks as though that isn't likely to happen!

Very funny. I'd just like to know that I can get my money back, but looks as though that isn't likely to happen!

As I said to you the other night, for those that have returned their tickets, and have proof of that, Leicester Speedway are committing a criminal offence as far as I can see.

We have purchased some bits of paper (tickets) off them, and by not handing over to us what they've taken money from us for, is sheer theft, and they can not, or must not be allowed to get away with it, no matter what it takes.

As I said to you the other night, for those that have returned their tickets, and have proof of that, Leicester Speedway are committing a criminal offence as far as I can see.

We have purchased some bits of paper (tickets) off them, and by not handing over to us what they've taken money from us for, is sheer theft, and they can not, or must not be allowed to get away with it, no matter what it takes.

I think the best chance of getting the refunds finally paid out is if Leicester race against Poole on Monday, get a good crowd and are able to 'bank' a bit of cash.

Unless they have become officially insolvent and an administrator has been appointed, in which case you would become a creditor (with little hope of getting anything back).

But as Vulcan says the best chance you probably have is they get some money coming in on Monday, then it's a case of what position do you have in the queue to be paid out?

I hope the KL fans who are rightly disillusioned about this and are vowing to never set foot in Beaumont Park stadium again, might re-consider that if and when new management are running the club. And by new, it would have to be completely Hemsley-free I would think.

Unless they have become officially insolvent and an administrator has been appointed, in which case you would become a creditor (with little hope of getting anything back).

But as Vulcan says the best chance you probably have is they get some money coming in on Monday, then it's a case of what position do you have in the queue to be paid out?

I hope the KL fans who are rightly disillusioned about this and are vowing to never set foot in Beaumont Park stadium again, might re-consider that if and when new management are running the club. And by new, it would have to be completely Hemsley-free I would think.

I would definitely return with a new management structure in place. I like the stadium, I like the majority of the fans there, I've always enjoyed the meetings there, especially the British Youth Championships, and you've got the best track shop in place since the date the club was established.

I hope you do get a good crowd tomorrow because I fear it will be woefully low when King's Lynn visit, unless we are all paid back the money we are owed by then.

Enjoy the rest of your season, and fingers crossed for a properly run club in 2017.

I would definitely return with a new management structure in place. I like the stadium, I like the majority of the fans there, I've always enjoyed the meetings there, especially the British Youth Championships, and you've got the best track shop in place since the date the club was established.

I hope you do get a good crowd tomorrow because I fear it will be woefully low when King's Lynn visit, unless we are all paid back the money we are owed by then.

Best of luck with the refund,fingers crossed for now and wait to see what the next 7 days brings. If there's still nothing after that, well it doesn't look too good.

My interest in Leicester now is a detached one, was a temporary supporter long ago in a previous life, but still retain an interest especially after the revival. I also hope for the sake of all the devoted supporters that things will work out from this current fankle.

Enjoy the rest of your season, and fingers crossed for a properly run club in 2017.

Best of luck with the refund,fingers crossed for now and wait to see what the next 7 days brings. If there's still nothing after that, well it doesn't look too good.

My interest in Leicester now is a detached one, was a temporary supporter long ago in a previous life, but still retain an interest especially after the revival. I also hope for the sake of all the devoted supporters that things will work out from this current fankle.

Oops my lack of keyboard skills....I've plonked my reply within your text, sorry and don't know how to extract it!