British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

A toughie, don't expect to get anything tonight at Belle Vue, after getting beat by Lynn at their patch last night... However, I would like to think we are solid enough at home to get a win out of this one Saturday evening.... Weather set fair, reasonably warm, I will go for.....

Lions 48

Stars 42

With no tactical rides on either side...!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Extra security in the leicester pits - Master Bates is back!!!

Looking forward to this one and hoping the Stars can pull out another away win, hoping there will be a good contingent from Lynn #UpTheStars 😆

A toughie, don't expect to get anything tonight at Belle Vue, after getting beat by Lynn at their patch last night... However, I would like to think we are solid enough at home to get a win out of this one Saturday evening.... Weather set fair, reasonably warm, I will go for.....

Lions 48

Stars 42

With no tactical rides on either side...!!

I think you have the numbers right, just got the teams in the wrong order . Can see the Stars getting an away win.. :t:

I think you have the numbers right, just got the teams in the wrong order . Can see the Stars getting an away win.. :t:

Leicester will have Lindgren back at reserve i assume,this will make them alot tougher opposition this time.And lets not forget they are at home.

Will be making the trip up again for a little bit of shopping(missus/daughter) then pub(me) then speedway thats for all of us :D

Will be making the trip up again for a little bit of shopping(missus/daughter) then pub(me) then speedway thats for all of us :D

Make sure you get in the stadium car park then because that sounds like more than four hours to me. :D

I always enjoy my visits to Leicester Speedway, and tonight is no different.

You guys did well at Belle Vue last night, so congratulations for that, and I'm sure you'll test us to the full this evening.

What's the local weather forecast like for your area, as the BBC one doesn't sound that brilliant, yet Shale Searcher suggests possibly otherwise?

After watching you at the AFA on Wednesday, and thinking how weak you were, I was absolutely amazed how you performed at Belle Vue last night. Against a team, many have predicted to win the Elite this year, you exceeded all my expectation to earn a point. So well done for doing that....

Probably tonight will be a lot harder than I first imagined.....

I always enjoy my visits to Leicester Speedway, and tonight is no different.

You guys did well at Belle Vue last night, so congratulations for that, and I'm sure you'll test us to the full this evening.

What's the local weather forecast like for your area, as the BBC one doesn't sound that brilliant, yet Shale Searcher suggests possibly otherwise?

Mostly cloudy with the possibility of a shower or two. Should be okay. http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/beaumont-leys/le4-1/hourly-weather-forecast/2519836

Another last heat decider could be on the cards.....we may just sneak it....or maybe not.

I'll find a fence to sit on

After watching you at the AFA on Wednesday, and thinking how weak you were, I was absolutely amazed how you performed at Belle Vue last night. Against a team, many have predicted to win the Elite this year, you exceeded all my expectation to earn a point. So well done for doing that....

Probably tonight will be a lot harder than I first imagined.....

The 1 thing that will make things tough for the Stars that were evident from Thursday night.

Gating, our track offered a route to pass, Leicester's is less likely to do so.

We are the stronger team by a mile but do let ourselves down with our gating often.

46-44 either way

Mostly cloudy with the possibility of a shower or two. Should be okay. http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/beaumont-leys/le4-1/hourly-weather-forecast/2519836

Thanks.

My take on today's weather is that we are pretty much bang-on the dividing line between the warm, humid airmass that's reaching its tentacles into the UK from the Azores High, and the cooler, showery air from the north Atlantic and consequently, we have a dull, stagnant corridor from west to east, that may produce an isolated light shower or two over us between noon and 4pm, only enough to trouble windscreen wipers into their lowest setting!!

This evening will be dry, possibly a few bright/sunny spells, but to all intents, dry..

Ideal speedway conditions with temps around 19c to 21c during the evening!!

NB,

By this time Tuesday, we could be hitting 30c to 32c!!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher